drgn11

Eggs as trophies?

what about an egg basket similar to the estern event collection baskets we have now

when you click on the trophy you can see all of those eggs

they would all go there

this is only a storage idea...

how to obtain the eggs is a complete different thing though

what about an egg basket similar to the estern event collection baskets we have now

when you click on the trophy you can see all of those eggs

they would all go there

That's what the nest is.

And why /not/ have a throw away option? If you dont want to throw it away you dont have to, so really it wouldn't be a problem to you at all. And just stating this to prevent anymore confusion.

These eggs have nothing to do with real, growing, hatching eggs. They are trophies, thus they are not real, and thus they can not be used on your scroll, only in the nest.

Would thrown away eggs go to the wild? Or just sorta... disappear.

Probably disappear ... wink.gif

Would thrown away eggs go to the wild? Or just sorta... disappear.

I'm in favor of disappearing because it would be better to keep the wilderness from possibly getting very filled up.

Disappearing would be easier on the database. Besides, they're not real eggs, right? They're trophies that look like real eggs. They wouldn't go to the Wilderness because they wouldn't hatch.

I agree it shouldn't fill up the database because someone doesn't want it

I love this idea...

Are you saying the egg would be automatically given once you obtain the 2 adults/hatchlings? This seems like it would irritate people who don't want the trophies. Why not make a link on the action page that appears once you get the required amount of dragons and disappears after you use it (so it can only be used once...or whatever the max limit is for each species of eggs). It could be like "Pick up trophy" or "Create trophy" or something like that. This way only the people who WANT the egg trophy will have to see it and deal with it. This could also do away with the "Throw it away" option.

thoughts?

Edited by MollyElizbeth

Maybe we could have a list of the unlockables and the option "unlock". If they don't want to unlock it, they don't have to.

Um. The only question I have is WHY?!?

I mean, isn't it enough just to show that you HAVE two of each dragon/frozen/whatever? I don't also need an egg image for every freakin dragon. Sorry if I sound rude, but it's what I think.

Umm... We did mention that you could choose whether or not to get the trophy, did you read everything?

Um. The only question I have is WHY?!?

I mean, isn't it enough just to show that you HAVE two of each dragon/frozen/whatever? I don't also need an egg image for every freakin dragon. Sorry if I sound rude, but it's what I think.

Why...because your not the only one playing the game smile.gif I would love to have the egg sprites. Especially now that the egg sprites are getting just as detailed as the dragons. No one will force you to do anything you don't want, but just because you don't want to, doesn't mean others can't.

Question: How would this make sense in the context of the game's "world?" If the egg-trophies aren't "real" eggs, then what are they, and where would you get them from?

And if they are "real" eggs, then wouldn't it be kind of cruel to stop them from hatching?...

Tanigi: Isn't it cruel to stop hatchlings from growing up? Come on now, we are talking about pixels! I'm so sick of the "it's crueeeel!" arguement.

In the game's world, we don't literally keep DRAGONS on our scroll. We sketch them INTO our scroll. Why wouldn't it be the same with egg-trophies?

In the game's world, we don't literally keep DRAGONS on our scroll. We sketch them INTO our scroll. Why wouldn't it be the same with egg-trophies?

*blink* Then... oh dang. Now the Easter baskets are confusing me. xd.png

As for the cruel part, I was talking about in the context of the game. As far as I can tell, we're "playing" dragon-keepers, and I just don't think that a good dragon-keeper would prevent a bunch of eggs from hatching just to look at the shells. Of course, that's speculation, since I've never actually been a dragon-keeper(tongue.gif), but it was just a thought.

I think it's different for the hatchlings; they're already alive and out in the world, so to speak.

I would love to see these made!

If I ever had to freeze eggs to keep the sprites, then I wouldn't bother. Plus I would hate to see one of my dragon's babies end up as a frozen egg. Frozen hatchies I can handle, but not eggs.

This Idea is much better!

One Question: Seasonal eggs. Would you only get them is season, or any time?

As for the cruel part, I was talking about in the context of the game. As far as I can tell, we're "playing" dragon-keepers, and I just don't think that a good dragon-keeper would prevent a bunch of eggs from hatching just to look at the shells. Of course, that's speculation, since I've never actually been a dragon-keeper(tongue.gif), but it was just a thought.

Then if it makes you feel better, you can pretend the egg died of natural causes and all you're keeping is the empty shell.

I'm still not a fan of the trophy idea (I would rather acquire actual eggs and freeze them or whatever so I can sort them right with the rest of my dragons) though.

I have another thought about how to approach this issue using vampires. What if a fourth possible outcome is added that kills the egg, but keeps the shell intact and lets it remain permanently on the scroll (unless you release it of course)? It would still count for 24 hours like any other dead egg, so it couldn't be abused in that fashion.

I think I've read in the thread for BSAs something about repairing the shell of the egg from which the dragon hatched...

So if you repair the egg's shell, there is no problem with frozen eggs and you could only get eggs from dragons (maybe from adults too?) you have...

So?

or an option to let the dragon lay an infertile egg... that way you wouldnt "kill" and unhatched dragon and dont feel guilty

Many people hate the idea of infertile eggs because then there would be the situation of someone finally getting a rare egg only to realize it's infertile and will never hatch.

Many people hate the idea of infertile eggs because then there would be the situation of someone finally getting a rare egg only to realize it's infertile and will never hatch.

This is why I want it to be a definite user-choice option. Not just random infertile eggs dropping or breeding. If it was a BSA or trophy you collect then it would only effect people who wanted it.

... As for the cruel part, I was talking about in the context of the game. As far as I can tell, we're "playing" dragon-keepers, and I just don't think that a good dragon-keeper would prevent a bunch of eggs from hatching just to look at the shells. Of course, that's speculation, since I've never actually been a dragon-keeper(tongue.gif), but it was just a thought....

I think the trophies would be like statues. Carefully painted and modeled statues that a dragonkeeper puts on their shelf so they can look at them and dust them off and things like that.

I think I've read in the thread for BSAs something about repairing the shell of the egg from which the dragon hatched...

So if you repair the egg's shell, there is no problem with frozen eggs and you could only get eggs from dragons (maybe from adults too?) you have...

So?

I actually like this idea. If it was a BSA, that would make it more leisurely, something to do in your spare time, and it would take a while to collect them all; and those who already have pairs of most kinds of dragons wouldn't automatically have the eggs, which would probably be more fun for them. It would add an interesting aspect to the game.