Aquaelie

Any Musicians?

oh - something i forgot to add.

i think my perfect pitch might have something to do with me having synesthesia. i associate certain sounds with a certain color, so when something is off, the color is off and it drives me nuts. >.< that's why i hate listening to things when they're off.

Wow, that's cool. I remember learning about that in psychology class. ohmy.gif

Of course, the example we learned was a guy seeing colors through taste.

So one can say, you hear colors? I'm a little jealous.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Yes, I hear colors. ^^

TurboSilver: not synthesia, synesthesia. it's a, um, not a disease. it's something where your senses get cross-wired.

@xyzag: ahaha my bad. Although it sounds kind of interesting. I think there was a book I read... I think it was called "A House on Mango Street" or something like that, about a girl who associated names and etc with colors.

Piano: 13 years (took lessons for 8 of them). Mostly now I play my music books that have "popular" songs and stuff from movies, and I like to find anime sheet music online. I'm currently trying to learn Serenade from Fruits Basket, but it's hard. I have an old out-of-tune upright Werner Chicago piano we got for free for hauling out of someone's house, I think that piano almanac book said it was from 1919? Apart from not being all that pretty, it's not bad to play... just has one sticky key, is all. I also have a Yamaha keyboard.

Recorder: Self-taught at age 8, don't really play it all that often but I was in a recorder ensemble for a solo/ensemble event in high school

Flute: 9 years, still play at church occasionally. For fun, I'm currently learning Legend of Zelda music.

Piccolo: 4 years. I don't actually own one; I had always rented my high school's really crappy piccolo - no matter how many times it's been sent in, it's never in tune, and one time the keys fell off! Despite it being so bad, I got a first place at state solo/ensemble for a solo once, I played some movements from "The Fearless Whistler". Now that I'm out of high school I still come back and play for the town's labor day parade. This year it POURED rain... I couldn't even play because I had to keep dumping water out of the piccolo! It was raining so hard that you really couldn't breathe because there was just so much water in the air and running down your face, and my contacts were coming out!

I also won the John Philip Sousa Band Award in high school, if that means anything to anyone.

Edited by Dawnwing

@Dawnwing: Sticky key? That just reminded me of the paper clip I accidentally dropped into my piano and can't get out... |D I also play anime sheet music, but I kind of started deviating towards asian pop sheet musics. LOL But, Brothers from FMA is one of my favorites.

I actually liked learning more of the classic, recognizable orchestra pieces in high school. Maybe I'm just odd compared to you two. tongue.gif

We learned Hall of the Mountain King which I absolutely loved, Vivaldi's Four Seasons and the wedding march, Minuet in D. There was also one piece we never completed because it was getting close to the end of the school year that I absolutely loved. Can't recall what it was called, but I remembered hearing it from a diamond jewelry commercial during the mid 90s. Something with shadows wearing jewelry.

Anyone know it's name? *looks around hopeful*

Oh, never mind! I found it just now. It's called Palladio. <3

Edited by Daydreamer09

Flute power ^^ What kind of flute do you play? ohmy.gif. I play an open holed Jupiter. <3 He's 5 years old so I'm due for a new one. xd.png I want a professional line Amadeus. *_*

tongue.gif Gemeinhardt. It's what, 3 years old? Pretty good shape, considering they gave it to a rough 4 grader. My word. 0-o I think it's a Western Concert Flute.

@Dawnwing:  Sticky key?  That just reminded me of the paper clip I accidentally dropped into my piano and can't get out... |D  I also play anime sheet music, but I kind of started deviating towards asian pop sheet musics. LOL  But, Brothers from FMA is one of my favorites.

I don't even know all what's in my piano. xd.png I really wish I knew more of its history - all I know is that the people we got it from, it was in their basement when they moved in. Earlier this year I did my best at cleaning it up, and I was still trying to find out how old it was. I found a playing piece from a board game, a puzzle piece, and think I saw a pencil in there too but I couldn't get to it. xd.png I can't figure out how to open up the part where the keys are, and I'm afraid I'd wreck it anyway. (And the local tuners/service people apparently told the previous owners "Don't bring it to us anymore, we can't do anything more for it!" twenty years ago.)

One of my favorites happens to be from FMA too - Kesenai Tsumi. Another favorite is Wind from Naruto. I think I might give Serenade a break for a while and learn

of Innocent Starter from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha; I love that song. Edited by Dawnwing

We learned Hall of the Mountain King which I absolutely loved, Vivaldi's Four Seasons and...

Vivaldi's Four Seasons are some of my favorite pieces. And his violin concerto in A minor.

And TurboSilver: A Mango-Shaped Space. wink.gif

I had to do this flute solo one year in high school. It took forever to learn 'cause it was so ridiculously fast and had some really high notes. (The link should take you to about 15 seconds before the solo, but if it doesn't work, it starts at about 2:40-2:45 in the video).

Lol, I'm in (only flute player in) Jazz Band and I have a solo in 25 or 6 to 4. Like my fav song ever. But it's improv/scripted.... and I can't improve rock songs on a flute. The written solo is terribl (so sayth the conductor) So my friend is writing it for me. biggrin.gif He's really excited too.

@Dawnwing: Haha wow! I wonder how all of that stuff got into there? My mom always tells me to close the piano so the dust doesn't get inside... not that I do it still. |D And that song is really cool! The one I'd love to learn is

, it just sounds really epic; except, I'm afraid that my wrist will fall off while I'm trying to learn it. xd.png

I'm going to share my band pieces with you. They are crazy.

--- Molly on The Shore (I am one of three flute players playing through most of this ><)

--- Irish Washerwoman (I still am bad at this one. I have to double tongue and it's awful.)

--- Marchissimo

--- Seal Lullaby (full band arrangement plus piano)

--- Fantasy on a Japanese Song (I have a solo here)

--- Hebrides Suite

Oh my goodness. Oh and last year we played this :

--- Arabesque. This song was really hard. ><; One measure of 32nd notes had 54 notes. Time 2:31 to 2:34, you hear a run in the background. That's the same measure.

Oh and I do jazz flute too! My parents are jazz musicians. ^^;

Edited by sparrowo3o

Vivaldi's Four Seasons are some of my favorite pieces. And his violin concerto in A minor.

Lol, I think part of the reason I liked playing those songs as much as I did is because I watched fantasia a lot when I was little. xd.png

Ah! That would be it. I think I confused it with the other, since apparently that's one of the required readings for another grade. xd.png Hmm... I learned Spring a few years back, but I'd love to play the Devil's Trill.

We actually had a ukulele session in our music class. Very fun.

It's a fabulous instrument, a lot of people still think of it as a joke. I always recommend those people do a quick YouTube search of Jake Shimabukuro and James Hill and then get back to me. Id post links if I was on a computer.

I took 6 years of piano lessons in elementary school. I still play on the piano when I'm bored. c:

Ummm, I was percussionist in band throughout junior high and high school.

My voice is my greatest instrument, though. Singing is my passion. <3

I play the piano and guitar mainly. I've played the piano since I was five which was six-seven years ago. I am on the borderline of hate and love when it comes to piano. Kind of tilting more to the hate side. The only reason I keep playing is because it's an easier instrument than a guitar when you're writing songs.

Guitar, my most favorite instrument in the world. I just started like a few months ago and I love it even though my fingertips are in complete agony. One of the most amazing instruments ever.

Ukelele, I love it and I want to learn how to play it.

Singing. I'm considering taking voice lessons since my friends are pressuring me too. Still trying to figure out the costs.

I'm also thinking about taking drum lessons.

I've played the piano for 40 + years (yes, that long). I also sing. And I've been known to play the guitar, clarinet, sax, flute, recorder, trumpet, and dulcimer.

Oh, and hammered dulcimer as well. (It isn't quite the same as a regular dulcimer.)

Edited by Classycal

I can only sing... But I've been learning to play piano in attempt to be more musically diverse. (Also because my dad's Grand Piano demands me... It's so beautiful.)

I started playing violin a year ago, I love it, but it bothers me that i can't sing and play at the same time. I need to invent something....