Aquaelie

Any Musicians?

I've played the violin for almost 7 years now, and I can play the viola pretty well too . I'm teaching myself to play the piano on an app on my iPod. . .yeah not working out too well tongue.gif I can currently play happy birthday and part of The theme song from The Muppet Show .

I play piano (and hate it)

tongue.gif same here. if i could choose to play any other instrument, id want to play drums.

I play piano (: I've been doing so for years! Considering such, I should probably be a lot better than I am now o__o

And I've been attempting to play guitar tabs this summer xd.png

I play the guitar and drums. I can also play flute. And sing very badly. xd.png

I've played the cello for about 8-9 months now, and I absolutely love it~<3 Stupid exams getting in the way... dry.gif

I had my first concert a few days ago, and it went horrible~ x3 Thinking back on it, I can't believe that I actually did it, but it was a lot of fun, even if it didn't go to well ^^ (My pianist started laughing in the middle. I don't think anyone noticed, though x3)

If I were to play any other instrument, I think I'd start playing the piano, mainly because we have a quite expensive one, and no one knows how to play it~ ;3

I PLAY MARIMBA OMG

:DD

edit: frickin emoticons.

Edited by Lila

I've played the electric guitar for about 4 years and the bass for about a year and a bit. I've been in two bands. I'm hoping to study music technology at uni next year, I'm very interested in the production side of things.

I really want to learn piano, drums, and oddly, the theremin!

Edited by BlackCherry

I can play a few songs on the piano and I use to take violin.

This is my old band, I played bass and did backing vocals, though I also recorded the rhythm guitar in the first track on here, due to the rhythm guitarist visiting a friend at hospital.

These tracks make me laugh cos we rushed the recording so much and it's pretty low quality. Makes me all nostalgic though. tongue.gif

http://www.myspace.com/negativecontroluk

Listen if you want, for a laugh laugh.gif

Edited by BlackCherry

I've played the violin for eight years. ^^ I have no voice, so the instrument serves as my vocals. ^^'

Just an update - I've got my bass guitar and amp now! Right now I'm working on YYZ by Rush - I'm just a liiiiiiiiiittle too slow.

In the past I've played the tenor saxophone, cello, and violin, but that was quite some time ago, and sadly I lack the funds to buy my own instruments.

However, I have recently acquired a hand-me-down electric piano, and I've been looking up the best books for learning the piano. I now have two books for piano, and one for music theory.

It's going quite smoothly so far, since I have past experience in reading music, but I do slip up on hand positions sometimes.

Either way, it's fun and I'm motivated because I really want to play some Legend of Zelda music on the piano.

Awh, I wish. sad.gif I took piano lessons for a year while I was in elementary school, but stopped after my family moved.

But I'm trying to learn again. My girlfriend is really musical, so she helps me sometimes. I wish I had joined band though. Apparently I had scored fairly high on the musical skill test everyone had to take before middle school...

I'm RCM Grade 9 in piano, been playing since I was 6.

That's my most serious instrument, and I like it the best. I also know how to play cello, trombone, and some guitar. My family's always been really big on music smile.gif

Hi! ^^ As the question might suggest, I'm wondering if any of you DCers play musical instruments? ohmy.gif. And let's talk about it! ^^

I play flute and piccolo. I tried to learn saxophone too but I hated it. tongue.gif I want to major in music biggrin.gif.

I took piano lessons for a while, but I didn't like practicing so I quit.

After that I played the clarinet. I played it for many years, actually, about six or seven years before we moved from New York to a new school, and I lost the motivation to play it. I still have my clarinet, and I occasionally take it out and play with it, but I haven't played it in a long time.

I play mallet percussion, preferably marimba. It is very fun, but my band has too many mallet percussionists this year (o.O) and I have to play a small concert bells in band (I let the others take the marimba and -non-working- vibraphone.)

I played the clarinet, starting in 5th grade and then I stopped after my junior year in high school.

My boyfriend's brother actually just graduated from college earlier this year, majoring in music education.

Doesn't everyone learn the recorder?

And cool, roughlandingholly! I want to go into music composition and conduction. ^^; And I love that song xd.png

Platinum-Draco, I got stuck in a percussion only class for about a month. xd.png I am not very good at tuning the timpani