Anor

Dragon Cave Seniors

I believe the only way to change the poll now is to PM a mod and ask them to change it (you might even be able to ask them to reset it - or maybe only TJ can do that).

Good to know

The after the whole mess is ended I'll just ask a mod to remove it ^^

I thought this was lame elitist BS when the last thread rolled around and I still do. Only this time the "titles" are if anything just insulting.

So someone who has been here several years and has several hundred dragons is a "junior" member? I have never lost an egg or hatchling in fact the only dead egg to ever be on my scroll is the one there now from being killed by a vampire. I'm sorry but I am not a "junior" anything.

The rookie and amateur titles are just as bad. I see you are trying to find a replacement for the one. Might as well find one for the others as well. Considering the fact that I am sure that there are a LOT of people in the 30k-40k range that have more dragons than some of the ones from 1-29k, this little thing just seems like an excuse for a pecking order (not that it does any good except for bragging and who likes a braggart?)

*someone with a user number above 25k* "I have 573 dragons How did I get more than you?"

*someone with a lower user number on an ego trip* "So what I joined the forum before you did Nyah Nyah Nyah"

Guess it is just human nature to want to feel superior to someone else but I will never see the sense in it.

Edit: Just saw the user number of the starter of this thread. Guess that answers something.  rolleyes.gif

Well actually I'm not the starter of the original thread,

I'm just reviving it after it got locked smile.gif

Although I must admit that I did change a thing or two,

being superior is not my top priority but, *coughs*post count, *coughs* you didn't hear anything >_>

Guess that makes me a Master but I understand the need for a new title for newer users. Some of the newer members have really great scrolls.           Chloe  Edited for corrections

Because they complain.... a lot... its annoying... so I change it... I'm nice ain't I?..

updated to this post

Edited by Anor

Oh my.. Im the oldest amateur ( here xd.png ) biggrin.gif

Super Amateur? xd.png

I thought this was lame elitist BS when the last thread rolled around and I still do. Only this time the "titles" are if anything just insulting.

So someone who has been here several years and has several hundred dragons is a "junior" member? I have never lost an egg or hatchling in fact the only dead egg to ever be on my scroll is the one there now from being killed by a vampire. I'm sorry but I am not a "junior" anything.

The rookie and amateur titles are just as bad. I see you are trying to find a replacement for the one. Might as well find one for the others as well. Considering the fact that I am sure that there are a LOT of people in the 30k-40k range that have more dragons than some of the ones from 1-29k, this little thing just seems like an excuse for a pecking order (not that it does any good except for bragging and who likes a braggart?)

*someone with a user number above 25k* "I have 573 dragons How did I get more than you?"

*someone with a lower user number on an ego trip* "So what I joined the forum before you did Nyah Nyah Nyah"

Guess it is just human nature to want to feel superior to someone else but I will never see the sense in it.

Edit: Just saw the user number of the starter of this thread. Guess that answers something.  rolleyes.gif

How are the titles insulting? They are given to sports players too. Should they be insulted? They are valid titles, and every forum I've been on has given member titles automatically based on their post count similar to these. This actually makes more sense since anyone can spam up to 2000 posts.

You cannot have been here 'several years' and be a junior member. To even be here 'several' years, you'd have to be here 3 or more years, and dragon cave didn't start until mid 2007. NOBODY has been here several years. You've only been here a year and almost a half.

These member titles DO NOT reflect anything that has to do with Dragon Cave itself. It is FORUM based. The fact that you have 10,000+ dragons doesn't make you a more experienced forum member. It doesn't even make you a more experienced Dragon Cave member, since many people do not play the game by getting as many dragons as they possibly can. Even your join date doesn't make you an experienced member, since many people have probably joined and then forgot about the place for a year.

If someone wants to use the 'pecking order', they'll just look at the person's join date. They aren't going to look at their member number, come back to this thread, see what that person's title is, and then go judge them. I bet like only 1/50th of the forum has even seen this thread anyway. It's a little fun. Lighten up and stop being such a wet blanket.

Also, Uhhh hey Anor, something tells me that you looked at my post count and not my member number. I'm definitely not a master hahah

Edited by Syaoransbear

Also, Uhhh hey Anor, something tells me that you looked at my post count and not my member number. I'm definitely not a master hahah

Ugggh... yeah.. sorry about that ><

Well, I'm also a person, and I make mistakes..

I will fixed it right away :3

I joined the forums on September 1, 2008, and my account is number 12,352. That would make me....A teacher.

I joined just before Christmas 2008. Member no: 25,271. Which makes me... *checks* a Junior. Cool.

Edited by mightyquinn

My account number is 18806 and I joined on October 12, 2008. smile.gif

Edited by TieDyeOblivion

My account # is 17,960 and I joined Oct 12 2008. I guess that makes me a senior? I feel old now! blink.gif

I still remember the old days. not many eggs in the AP (cuz there was no breeding). Aaahhhh good times, goooooood times.

Oh and also, Teachers should be BELOW seniors. Senior just feels more powerful than teacher.

Edited by hamzacooly

I still remember the old days. not many eggs in the AP (cuz there was no breeding). Aaahhhh good times, goooooood times.

Oh and also, Teachers should be BELOW seniors. Senior just feels more powerful than teacher.

Not really, senior sound more like a senior student at school, so it's only natural for a teacher to be above senior wink.gif

Updated to this post

Hmm, guess I'm a Teacher...X)

Interesting, I remember the old days in the cave biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkdragoonXHybrid

Username: Bobophie98

Member Number: 50,628

Looks like I'm in the New Generation. :/ Oh well. Some day, I'll be considered a Senior (what I'd like to be)! x)