The Mentoring Project

The Mentoring Project

PMd BlueWolfKiller9

No word from Uno yet.

Hi, I'm looking for help with the forums? DC itself was pretty easy to get the hang of but I've been struggling to "break the ice" on the forum, so to speak, in part because it's a lot bigger and more active than the one I used to be on. Any help would be appreciated, someone in or around the mountain time zone would be ideal for convenience but if that's not possible anything really will work. Thanks!

Hello! i'm new and i'd like to have a mentor?

I'm still confused with some aspects of dragon raising and breeding, as well as forum stuff.

It would be awesome if they were on an Australian time-zone, but i dont really mind :)

thank you!

PMd Galaxyglitch.

Now mentoring Frosst and Galaxyglitch.

Edited by fuzzbucket

PMd Krashmoss

No word from:

BlueWolfKiller9

Uno

Also haven't heard form SeaDragon. , so I am assuming they have graduated - I am here if they ned me.

Edited by fuzzbucket

5 minutes ago, krashmoss said:

Hello everyone! I am new to the game and would like to be associated to a mentor. Thank you for your help :)

You should have a message from fuzzbucket in your inbox. Look up at the top right of your screen and click on the envelope icon.

You should indeed. I am literally on the way out the door, but back in a couple of hours...

ETA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND - now mentoring krashmoss XD

Edited by fuzzbucket

Mentoring thread seems much quieter at the moment. Do we think there are less new members, or are we just missing Sock.  I think I'll start posting a link to here on the introduce yourself thread again, unless we think that's a bad idea. 

Yes that's a good idea.

And of course we are missing sock :( But I have to say - I now have three students - and after their first day of questions, they aren't asking any more.... - though purpledragonclaw is doing a great job of posting names here now.

On 21 September 2017 at 5:30 AM, purpledragonclaw said:

Thanks, fuzz, I appreciate that. :wub:

I've actually noticed the forum as a whole is quieter. Methinks it has to do with The Return of School. 

On that note, Cealygosa might appreciate a PM: https://forums.dragcave.net/profile/234604-cealygosa/

PMd Mentoring Cealygosa

And I think it's the nasty new software. I don't enjoy coming here - and it has been much slower than it used to be since that happened. Especially messaging, which is frankly dire.

Edited by fuzzbucket

~~ Updated to here. ~~

Since it has been so long since I last updated I only added students who started in the last month. All other students have been removed from the list! If you are still mentoring someone that I don't have on your list, please let me know.

It does seem a bit quieter around here. @nooey - I think posting the link in your responses in the Introduce Yourself section is a good idea.

@purpledragonclaw - I also appreciate you keeping an eye out for people who may need a bit of help.

I have also just noticed that PM links in the mentor list are broken with the forum update. I fixed a few of them, but will have to do the others later.

~purplehaze

Edited by The Mentoring Project

I am (again) trying to mentor trinityZ61 after she said in a thread that we had never responded to her request - I took her on in February, but her queries were device related and Sock PMd her about that as I had no idea. She never got in touch again, and I have PMd her again after she posted - it remains unread.

Just for the record.

I am (I hope) now monitoring trinityZ61 again. This new messaging system, is making it a LOT harder for people who are short on tech skills, it REALLY is. :angry:

She is having enough problems that I am going to help her by email.

Good luck, Fuzz!

PMing Now mentoring Xyconic.

Edited by purplehaze

It really sucks when someone can't get help because the forum software is now so user-unfriendly... I just hope she managed to find my message...