Demyxomgwtfbbqvcr

Dragon Naming Suggestions (Names)

I usually name my dragons after outstanding characters in movies and other media

Thanks Nieske! I usually use http://www.20000-names.com/ but behind the name looks a lot easier for when I need to find specific meanings happy.gif

I generally like giving my dragons foreign names meaning something to do with their species but I also like looking at their lineages (eg. I have a black with german named parents so I also gave it a german name with a similar meaning)

I LOVE NAMING. I also love descriptions, but I am WAY behind.

I try to name each type so that they sort of hang together as a group.

Great Idea!These are some names that I have thought of:

Clouded Eclipse

Lilac Ocean

Rikoriko Taurangi:Twilight Wanderer

Poruru Wairua:Gloomy Spirit

Not sure if they're taken,just some ideas!

I suck at naming things, so I have heaps of un-named dragons.

But right now i'm focassing on 2 sibling silvers, 1 male and 1 female. Usually with silvers I place Spirt at the end of the females name and Silver at the begging of the males, mainly 'cause I can't come up with anything, but I want these 2 to be different and not have that happen.

Topics merged.

~Dragon Naming Suggestions (Names) and Naming Dragons.~

Edited by _Z_

I've got two I have no ideas for names... This one and this one. Usually when I can't get ideas I'll name it something related to the parents or lineage, but - the first one, there doesn't seem to be too much to the parents names - and the second one, the parents have more elaborate names and I can't think of anything that could go with them. xd.png Any suggestions?

I had a female autumn hatchling, most of my dragons are female.  dry.gif

I went to trade it with someone, she didn't get it.  We were all worried about it and then I looked on my scroll- it was still there. 

So we tried to trade again and I saw that the hatchling kept coming back to me..

So I want her name to relate to this, but I'm not sure what.  Something about being really attached anyways.  blink.gif

Kylie - it means boomerang wink.gif

QUOTE (w4rg4zm @ Mar 8 2011, 05:28 PM)

I've got two I have no ideas for names... This one and this one.

lol jinjin

The first one .. A djin is some sort of fire spirit demon I think? "Golden Djin"?

The second one .. Well the parents seemed to be obsessed with hair.. call it "Striped highlights"

TD.x.

Edit - whoops - double post, my bad. FIXED.

Edited by Twilightdreamer1979

I've got two I have no ideas for names...  This one and this one.  Usually when I can't get ideas I'll name it something related to the parents or lineage, but - the first one, there doesn't seem to be too much to the parents names - and the second one, the parents have more elaborate names and I can't think of anything that could go with them. xd.png  Any suggestions?

Your Gold girl has both S'aar and Draconis ancestors along with Celeborn and a LOT of Goldens. How about Golden Galadriel S'aar-Draconis? It should come in under the 32 character and space limit.

Your White stripe, on the other hand - apart from the parents, there are many xs in the ancestor names, with an X in your baby's code as well, maybe something like Xenia White Hair, or Xerxes White Hair, depending on how it genders.

Just my two cents. smile.gif

ETA a missing "names" - makes a little more sense that way! biggrin.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I always have trouble with names.... I can never decide! I have only named like three of my dragons ever, so suggestions would be great! Nothing too fancy, though.... I want to be able to spell and say it.... LOL.

My three named dragons are:

KARKULA THE MORTAL KILLER - Which is a male vampire and his name comes from a story I wrote....

WINTER HUGGER - I wanted my second winter dragon to have a cute name since she is adorable and was saved from the abandoned cave....

And last, but not least....

PURPLE PIRATE - Currently my only male purple dragon and he does remind me of a pirate so I thought it fit....

Thank you people! I am excited to hear your names! biggrin.gif

I HAVE AN UPDATE!

I just named my frozen female vampire BLOOD PRINCESS....

She is so cute and vicious....

biggrin.gif

Edited by EvilEva

For me, if I come up with a name that's taken (which is a real bummer) I'll try to just change the spelling or try a different variation but if that doesn't work I use a lot a lot of GOOGLE haha. I found one site in particular, it's so random and I'm surprised it even exists but it's a dragon name generator. It's pretty cool, easy to use and comes up with unique, fun names! Check it out HERE. If anyone else has other sites they use please post if you'd like!

I have a male Ochredrake that I can't think of a name for...

I originally came to DC when a friend from a Warriors (a book series about wild cats) fansite recommended it, so all my dragons all have Warrior-style names. (A prefix [i.e Flame-, Moon-, Bright-] and a suffix [i.e -tail, -wing, -feather])

Edit: @kissxthestarz- I love your avatar, I'm reading that series right now! I'm currenly searching for a either a CB Split or 2 CB Hellfires to name after Dany and her brother~ :3

Edited by Denwayasha

With the new 5-digit codes, you can come up with some super cool names easily. My CB Ice I named Q'vada, my CD Magma is Kuamo and my CB BBW is Yurubu (the cool code was something like Ur0bu (caps not that) so I used it. Just either toss in a vowel or change numerals into letters.

Sean Parma?

Roma-ma-ma-no

I forgot all about this thread, but I went with these names...and am Getting no more cheese dragons. I still have a lot of dragons to name...

I have four CB common hatchlings (grey, guardian, green, and hellfire) who all hatched at the exact same time moments before their time-of-death as part of a neglected experiment (those four were failures but one was a success!). I'd like to name them something that commemorates the occasion. Suggestions?

Oh, a good site to check out if you're looking up the meaning of names, or variations of the same type of name in different languages, is:

www.behindthename.com

You can look up individual names, or look up groups of names by language, time period and themes.

I have a Silver Tinsel dragon whose name I'd like to relate to my username.

Right now it's named 'Chaos King' but I don't think I like the name anymore. unsure.gif

Some other names I've been thinking of are 'Chaos Reign' and 'CHA0S' but I don't know if those are any better.

What do you guys think? Have any other ideas?

if u don already have a name what about maybe summer suprise or something maybe the cat came back the very next day xd.png i dont know

I usually name my dragons with an adjective-noun or noun-noun combination (has to have a ring to it) for the first name, and a word that relates to their powers/habitat/personality/appearance for the last name (ending with an a for a female and a us for a male)

Examples:

Magi Female - Fyreblaze Sorcera

Green (Earthquake) Male - Virescent Tremorus

Red Female - Cinderfang Embera

Ice Male - Frostclaw Glacius

Purple Female - Lavender Venusia

Bright-Breasted Wyvern Female - Raditox Loria

Help me name this purple dragon. Her name for the moment is "Breed W Poocheleri" to remind me to breed her with a certain other dragon named Poocheleri, but I think it's time she got her on name. Check out their pretty baby.

How about Vernistence? So you can continue the theme of combining the parents name.

Yeesh, needing four names!

I have a BBW, male, with an --ed Ivy.

ex. Bloodied Ivy, Shadowed Ivy

Silver tinsel, female, preferably a goddess from a polytheistic religion.

I also need name themes for Moonstones and Gold-Horned Tangars?Any suggestions there would be appreciated, as well.