TJ09

2024-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 18th Birthday!

3 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Two five minutes have passed with no drops? What's up with that?

They probably did drop, but just very scarcely thst if you blink, you can miss it

2 hours ago, Reykur said:

I would not mind at all if NR drops, at least the larger ones with more than two breeds or ones that have several variants, would last a whole day

There's every chance that they could. I have a memory of TJ saying that "floods" aren't a manual thing but rather a result of a sudden ratio imbalance, and I'm yet to see any strong evidence against that theory. A larger release will naturally last longer because a) there are more eggs needed to approach normal ratios and b) people are limited to 8 eggs at most, so it's going to take progressively longer for any eggs generated to be picked up.

Happy Birthday DC! Eighteen years is a long time, so congrats to TJ for keeping it interesting for that long. Love, love, love this site!

Managed to snag at least one of each of the eggs this morning. I tried briefly for a while after midnight, but gave up for easier hunting this morning. With my scroll goals I will be hunting these for weeks at best, so no rush!

Love the volcano and forest eggs, and the zebra-looking alpine one. None of the hatchies really stand out for me, but I eagerly await the adults!

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

Happy birthday Dragon Cave!

Desertbros stay losing, it is the least useful biome rn IMO.

I don’t see the problem with drops, it should be 24h, but it has taken me like 20 minutes to get 3, so if you have an hour it should be enough.

Personally, I would refrain from saying things like "x biome stay losing" or "least useful" - not only does it imply that there's some sort of hierarchy between the biomes when there isn't one that I know of as there isn't a biome competition, you're also forgetting the fact that since the desert has the least amount of breeds appearing in that biome it means that there's a higher likely of finding a rare that, like the gold and silver dragons, spawn in every biome there. 

Edited by Rosedamai

Happy birthday DC!

Today of all days I had an hospital appointment first thing but managed to snag the set when I got back.

Just about sorted now.

6 hours ago, Seejey said:

Wuxing!? Really? That's interesting. Who doesn't love elemental magic? =D

But, anyone else has a feeling that coast's and forest's got swapped by mistake? ^^'

Nah the color for water in Wuxing is black alright. Don't know why they went blue for wood though, I always pictured it more like teal.

Happy birthday!

Got one of Alpine, Forest and Coast. Got two (on accident) from Jungle and two (on purpose) from the Volcano.

Trying to decide which of the remaining three eggs I want to get a spare of now for a pair...

Really excited to see what these guys become.

8 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Happy birthday!

Got one of Alpine, Forest and Coast. Got two (on accident) from Jungle and two (on purpose) from the Volcano.

Trying to decide which of the remaining three eggs I want to get a spare of now for a pair...

Really excited to see what these guys become.

I grabbed a second coast because they seem to have multiple sprites.

I have room for one more of the forest egg and then I’m happily egg locked. *lays out an ENORMOUS spread of the TASTIEST birthday nummies for both human and dragon alike*

So many eggs, so few egg slots! :o I hope none of them are super rare. They're all gorgeous so far, I can't wait to see the adults.

Happy Birthday, DC! 🥳

Whoot! Got my final forest beauty for the time being and I absolutely LOVE the code it has. tvuPl has given me the name Put Luv. 😋

wow, the site is old enough to vote now

I’m liking the hatchlings so far, especially the fuzzy guy :D 

Highly unlikely, but what if there is a summon with this set!! (⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+

Happy birthday DC, I'll always pick you to remarry ❤️

Happy Birthday Dragcave!!!

For all those people worried about time zones and not getting eggs, despite me putting stuff on my calendar and other reminders, I only remembered about the birthday less than two hours ago.  

I managed to get one egg from all 5 active biomes, and two from Coast, Forest, and Volcano.  A couple weren't quite intentional, but I am fine with what I have.  

of course I will not be posting my eggs to hatching sites for the first 24 hours because of past behaviors by annoying people, but I am excited to be celebrating the 18th birthday.  

Many Thanks to TJ, and to the spriters.

Happy 18th birthday to DC!!!

I haven't been active here very long, but I greatly enjoy being part of the community that has been built around this site ❤️

54 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I grabbed a second coast because they seem to have multiple sprites.

Ah, good point.

*runs to Coast and grabs a second egg*

Now I'm officially egg locked. My pairs and influenced (the singles I'll just let grow and get the opposite gender later) and now I just need to incubate them.