TJ09

2024-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 18th Birthday!

Woooo!  Happy Birthday, DC!  Congrats TJ!

Yaaaaaay, happy Birthday! Many thanks to everyone putting in work to keep this site running. ❤️ 

I would not mind at all if NR drops, at least the larger ones with more than two breeds or ones that have several variants, would last a whole day, or if some more eggs dropped initially, so they're not gone within seconds. Still though I managed to catch eggs fairly easy with some patience. Have a much easier time on pc than on mobile, my phone is a slow brick but got some on mobile still. The game probably could use some better balancing here and there, but overall I feel it's working pretty well.

That aside: OMG THE PRETTIES!
The eggs all look sooooo good! (Once again I wish we could also freeze eggs!)
And now that we have hatchies I'm even more curious for the adults. Love the descriptions and can't wait for the lore once they grow. The volcano one kinda looks like an owlbear at this stage, hope it stays all fluffy and soft, that would make a great mate for Khusas or Cloudplumes.

I like this size birthday release. It's significantly bigger than a normal release, but it's not so much that it's overwhelming.

I'm guessing the five new breeds are based on the Chinese five heavenly beasts.

7 hours ago, tkt1780 said:

I think it's based on the 5 classical chinese elements (water, wood, metal, earth, fire)

That was my guess, too.

7 hours ago, AquaTart said:

Happy birthday!! 
dragcave is now an adult!!!

XD

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

Thank you, TJ, for keeping up with it all this time! And all the spriters who create our lovely dragons.

*sets out brownies for everyone*

OMG BORTH WEEEEEH

Only got one Jungle baby so far but I'm at work and ... should be working lolsies. Will try my luck tonight hehe

Excited, as my birthday is actually next week! I always loved that the Dragon Cave birthday was in my birth month.

Got one of each, plus a couple others to make a pair for the Coast and Jungle.

Got 2 so far,the cave suffle clock is very usefull!  
i'll keep it from now!

ena-joel-g.gif

1 hour ago, laevsk said:

I have to say, I think the black and white striped egg has chocolate inside ...😄

Mmmmmm. . . . chocolate . . .

Happy birthday, DC!  Looking forward to seeing these pretties develop into fully fledged beasties :)

1 hour ago, laevsk said:

These eggs aren't going to just disappear once the flood is over, so I have to admit I don't understand some of the grumbling. This is (going by previous years) a relatively small birthday release. But even so, whether or not the release lasts 16 or 24 hours, anyone who wants more than one egg of each NR will be catching these eggs beyond that time. I'm just coming up on three years here but I have yet to see NR eggs suddenly vanish once the flood stops - in fact, I'm usually thinking "ack, not those eggs again!" after a few weeks. 

I have to say, I think the black and white striped egg has chocolate inside ...😄

Personally I like being able to have at LEAST one of each when there’s more than one in any given large release as well as when it’s just one new egg on release day.

So 1 per biome, that's kind of cool and makes things simpler to figure out!

Not that hatchies aren't always cute, but this is a particularly cute bunch!

Well I FINALLY got 3 of the jungle ones and two of the alpine ones at 8:11 am eastern standard time and I’ve been trying since the first post I made except for the chunk of time needed to charge my phone back up upon it reaching the 20% battery power. Within LESS than a minute there were over 30 players in the alpine biome so you can just imagine my shocked surprise that I managed to get two let alone one. IF I manage to have even half the luck just had when it comes to the forest,coast and volcano eggs I’ll be shockingly surprised all over again.

Oooooo…after seeing the hatchies I think I’ll just fill up on the two kinds I got for the time being cause they’re already turning into another couple of insta faves. The others can relax with the knowledge that I won’t be hunting them for a little bit. *lol*

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY DC!!! I love this site!

Happy birthday, DC! Here's to many more. Also, thank you for a fairly easy big release. 

Posted (edited)

The hatchlings... Azure Dragon, Vermilion Bird, White Tiger and Black Tortoise? lol

I feel like I would love the bird most, maybe they're good pair with xoco.

Oh the alpine one sit more than 1mins at 9am drop!

Edited by D-wing

Happy Birthday, DC! Thanks to TJ and the staff!

I'll say it every year--the birthday covid-inspired dragon release is something I will never forget about that winter and spring! I am eternally grateful!

Posted (edited)

BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!

So all hybrids?

Oh boy...

NVM I saw that there are some that are in the cave. Yay!

Edited by Shokomon

6 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!

So all hybrids?

Oh boy...

Zero hybrids. One per biome.

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave! 

Happy to be part of it for yet another year! 🥰

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠁⠐⠀⠄⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠁⠂⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠠⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⣶⣶⡞⡀⣤⣬⣴⠀⠀⢳⣶⣶⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⣄⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⠿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠱⠀
⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡾⣫⣿⣻⣿⣽⣿⡇⠀⠈⢿⣧⡝⠟⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⢷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣯⡾⢿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣆⣠⣶⣿⣿⣷⣄⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢷⣽⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠐⡀⠀⢠⣿⢋⠴⠋⣽⠋⡸⢱⣯⡿⣿⠏⣡⣿⣽⡏⠹⣿⣿⣿⡎⢣⠙⢿⡙⠳⡙⢿⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀.
⠀⠀⡂⠀⣰⢣⣃⠀⠊⠀⠀⠁⠘⠏⠁⠁⠸⣶⣿⡿⢿⡄⠈⠀⠁⠃⠈⠂⠀⠑⠠⣈⡈⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀.⠀
⠀⠀⠂⠀⡏⡘⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⢀⡥⢄⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢳⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣄⣸⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠂⠀⠀⠀⠈⢨⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡳⣶⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ .⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀..                    .

⠁⠐⠀⠄⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠁⠂⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀..          ..                   . 

11 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Zero hybrids. One per biome.

Not quite - none in desert.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

^^ Yep.  Had parked myself in the Desert for a few of the 5min drops until I figured it out.  :D

I read the second post.....!

Happy birthday! 

I was late. Only able to login now. Some weird issues with my connection. Anyway I will have to skip hunting this event because this weird problem messed up my plan. 

Good luck to everyone else. May you get your NR eggs.

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ooops! :D 

I forgot we have 6 biomes!

I think I parked there at 9 am and was surprised nothing dropped! Oh, I'm feeling foolish!

Two five minutes have passed with no drops? What's up with that?

Happy birthday Dragon Cave!

Desertbros stay losing, it is the least useful biome rn IMO.

I don’t see the problem with drops, it should be 24h, but it has taken me like 20 minutes to get 3, so if you have an hour it should be enough.