Kamconian

ANSWERED:Obervations not counting on encyclopedia

I came back to site after only occasionally checking in for holiday eggs for a few years. Now there's an encyclopedia and market? Anyway, I have been trying to build up views on eggs that I want so I can eventually get them from the market, but only adults are counting. I visit the page of the egg and even view its family line but the view counter on the encyclopedia sheet does not change. It worked unlocking the adult sprites, what do I have to figure out for the eggs?

The owner of this egg is accepting aid from others.

This has to stand under the scroll for the view to count.

Fansites are what I use but you have to be careful to use one that shows you as logged in on DC, and click on the eggs there. You need to click more than one egg, I think 10 maybe? I recommend Silvi’s lair, it always works for me. 

I would be news to me that the owner has to have “accept help” switched on for it to count. 

1 hour ago, Cassieburns said:

The owner of this egg is accepting aid from others.

This has to stand under the scroll for the view to count.

That's not true, actually.

Just tested it by comparing before/after hatchling views in my encyclopedia and went to click on something in a hatchsite and the dragon that did NOT have accepting aid enabled still counted just fine.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Kamconian said:

I came back to site after only occasionally checking in for holiday eggs for a few years. Now there's an encyclopedia and market? Anyway, I have been trying to build up views on eggs that I want so I can eventually get them from the market, but only adults are counting. I visit the page of the egg and even view its family line but the view counter on the encyclopedia sheet does not change. It worked unlocking the adult sprites, what do I have to figure out for the eggs?

are you clicking on the same dragon to try and get your views up?

im pretty sure it has to be different dragons of the same breed, but you I’m pretty you can’t just click on the same say, nebula, a bunch of times and have it count as more than one view 🤔 🤷‍♀️ 

or are you’re sure it’s not lag? Have you tried clicking one, waiting a couple mins, checking your view count then viewing another, rinse and repeat?

Edited by CandraCat

7 hours ago, blah said:

Fansites are what I use but you have to be careful to use one that shows you as logged in on DC, and click on the eggs there. You need to click more than one egg, I think 10 maybe? I recommend Silvi’s lair, it always works for me. 

I would be news to me that the owner has to have “accept help” switched on for it to count. 

Yeah thats what I have been using too, finding the eggs there, and puting in the page code while logged in on my account.

1 minute ago, Kamconian said:

Yeah thats what I have been using too, finding the eggs there, and puting in the page code while logged in on my account.

I’m not sure what you mean by putting the page code? It’s enough to simply click on the egg on the fansite as you see them there. 

4 minutes ago, blah said:

I’m not sure what you mean by putting the page code? It’s enough to simply click on the egg on the fansite as you see them there. 

Lol does allure of neglected let you do that? I click the egg and the clickbox shows an un-logged in account. So I just been inputing codes. But I know that works too since it counts every new adult I click.

6 hours ago, CandraCat said:

are you clicking on the same dragon to try and get your views up?

im pretty sure it has to be different dragons of the same breed, but you I’m pretty you can’t just click on the same say, nebula, a bunch of times and have it count as more than one view 🤔 🤷‍♀️ 

or are you’re sure it’s not lag? Have you tried clicking one, waiting a couple mins, checking your view count then viewing another, rinse and repeat?

Different dragons and accounts every time, and its the same count today as a few days ago.

35 minutes ago, Kamconian said:

does allure of neglected let you do that? I click the egg and the clickbox shows an un-logged in account. So I just been inputing codes. But I know that works too since it counts every new adult I click.

No, it doesn’t work on AOND, that’s why I recommended Silvi’s Lair: https://lair.silverdrak.de/index.php

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Kamconian said:

Lol does allure of neglected let you do that? I click the egg and the clickbox shows an un-logged in account. So I just been inputing codes. But I know that works too since it counts every new adult I click.

You absolutely do not have to "put in the page code."

Any hatchery (Oh - blah's post suggests not AOND. OK...) lets you click on the things in there - for safety to be sure of getting a view, then click its lineage and then back to the dragon. But you can't count the same dragon again for - I THINK a week. When using hatcheries you could be clicking the same one by accident. I know I find that when I am trying to complete a new breed !

Still an' all the easiest way is to use the spreadsheet from the encyclopedia helpers thread.

It's here: 

The spreadsheet

Edited by Fuzzbucket

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But you can't count the same dragon again for - I THINK a week.

I thought ot was once per 30 days that they can count again?  (I could be easily getting other stuff mixed up, though...)

That wouldn't surprise me.... Either way - one NEEDS to find a lot of new ones - and the spreadsheet does just that.

Posted (edited)

I can get AOND work too for observations, but I have to click to open it on a new tab. (Ctrl+click does this, btw) After all, the images are all links. 

The on-site pop-up viewer upon simply clicking in AOND won't show you logged in, but on a new tab the tally goes up just fine.

And they also accumulate properly: you don't need to even look at the tab itself, you can just open like 10-15 tabs of different dragons of one breed at the same time, and the last one opened will have the encyclopedia unlocked.

Edited by Platykwak

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That wouldn't surprise me.... Either way - one NEEDS to find a lot of new ones - and the spreadsheet does just that.

The spreadsheet is great but doesn’t help with eggs if I read that correctly. It took me absolute ages to unlock the Neglected egg. 😭😂 And you need to unlock the egg to be able to buy it in the market. (not that you can buy Neglecteds but you know what I mean 😄)

The THREAD is great for neglected eggs. There's always someone posting one. Welll. most days !

For eggs, I've found hatcheries and the trading hub especially to be very helpful! The AP can also be great if you just pick up and reabandon.

btw you still can do it on AoND, you just cmd+click the egg to open it in a new page, and that page will show whoever is signed in to DC in the browser. That's what I typically do because silvi takes a painfully long time to load for me. You can spam click a lot of eggs and hatchlings and right click the tab to close all to the right to clear them all up too (on Chrome at least you can do that). Much more efficient

8 hours ago, Platykwak said:

I can get AOND work too for observations, but I have to click to open it on a new tab. (Ctrl+click does this, btw) After all, the images are all links. 

The on-site pop-up viewer upon simply clicking in AOND won't show you logged in, but on a new tab the tally goes up just fine.

And they also accumulate properly: you don't need to even look at the tab itself, you can just open like 10-15 tabs of different dragons of one breed at the same time, and the last one opened will have the encyclopedia unlocked.

Ok, I tried this, and it finally working. No idea why just being on the page or checking the lineage did not work, looking at the trade pages also did not work, but opening a new tab in this method, I can get the views to count! This really helped! Thank you!

Good to hear it helped!

Lineage page isn't enough to receive an observation. You need to click on a dragon/egg from the lineage page to go to its own page, and that should do it. 

Same thing that I believe that trade pages work for observations, but only if you first go click to check the lineage, then click the dragon/egg from there.