sambucas

ANSWERED:Seasonal egg problem

Because their changing time has not yet arrived? I'm not sure they have a fixed changing time or not, but I guess they change around the mid of month or last week. If you want to know which seasonal are dropping, chack the market.

Edited by D-wing

They'll change to winter on December 21st.  They change seasons on the Spring equinox, Summer solstice, Autumn equinox, and Winter Solstice.

For the record, while some breeds have in-game time constraints (the in-game lunar cycle for things like Sonatas), seasonal dragons follow real-world season changes (specifically those of the northern hemisphere).  So knowing when the actual seasons change over (according to astronomical seasons coupled with the Gregorian calendar dates) is how to predict when the seasonals will swap breeds!

Edited by KageSora
forgot a few words to specify the type of seasonal date reckoning oops

19 hours ago, KageSora said:

For the record, while some breeds have in-game time constraints (the in-game lunar cycle for things like Sonatas), seasonal dragons follow real-world season changes (specifically those of the northern hemisphere).  So knowing when the actual seasons change over (according to a the Gregorian calendar date) is how to predict when the seasonals will swap breeds!

In some countries the seasons change at the beginning of December, March, June and September. If in you're in a country where that's the case it might be confusing why the season's changed but Seasonal Dragons haven't changed to match

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

In some countries the seasons change at the beginning of December, March, June and September. If in you're in a country where that's the case it might be confusing why the season's changed but Seasonal Dragons haven't changed to match

Thanks for the catch!  Looks like I didn't manage to get all the words in there to specify that it's by the astronomical seasonal start date specifically since you're right--there's countries that use other means to determine when they start their seasons.  That's definitely an important distinction to make!

Edited by KageSora

I think that's exactly when the game uses astronomical - which is the same the world over.

That, or it's because that's what the USA uses--since the time for the cave is based on the USA Eastern timezone it wouldn't be strange for the seasons to also follow USA start dates.  Or could be both, really.