Metafarers

Mingo Madness Massbreeding Weekend for International Flamingo Day!

I'm having a great time with this massbreed, so many new 2G pairs to add to the giant PB line 💕 I've been a little distracted by the NR, but I'm picking up enough new blood that next year should be even better! (...this is annual, right?)

1 hour ago, Stormphoenix42 said:

I'm having a great time with this massbreed, so many new 2G pairs to add to the giant PB line 💕 I've been a little distracted by the NR, but I'm picking up enough new blood that next year should be even better! (...this is annual, right?)

It's definitely annual now! Hopefully we'll have more than 100~ by next year so we can drop a large number. I'm waiting for the  AP to get under 4 days hopefully to pick up eggs, also distracted by NR.

Posted (edited)

It's 4:12 pm  04/29/24 and we still have a full wall.  This is amazing!  Put me down for next year, for sure.  :D

Edited by Stormcaller
Bad punctuation.

I'm going to need to petition the banner makers for one that works regardless of year! April 26th, Mingo Day. This has been a great success.

The wall is gone now, but I'll be looking forward to making another one next year!

Look!  There's been a resurgence!  The picture of this wall was taken at 5:24  today, 4-30-24.  

Mingo Wall 5 24 pm 04-30-24.JPG

I was upset to see the second wave. I only ever want to pick up one or sometimes two of the particular dragon egg type if it's a common breed and I already found a 2g flamingo in the first wave, one wave was plenty in my opinion. (sorry that this frustrates me so much but I really like to see good diversity in the AP 😭 )

1 minute ago, bord said:

I was upset to see the second wave. I only ever want to pick up one or sometimes two of the particular dragon egg type if it's a common breed and I already found a 2g flamingo in the first wave, one wave was plenty in my opinion. (sorry that this frustrates me so much but I really like to see good diversity in the AP 😭 )

Why are you posting this here, a good while after the event ended? If you don't like the event, you don't have to participate, but we didn't break any rules. And in my opinion, massbreedings and walls are often good because it drives down the time of the ap. Also, this was a 3 day long event, there were going to be multiple waves. I just think you're being a little rude coming on here to complain about an event that some people did like, and participated in. I can't control people massbreeding breeds I don't care for, but I'm not going to complain about it. I can't control people NOT massbreeding and the ap times creeping up high, either. We all get to play the game how we choose.

3 minutes ago, Metafarers said:

Why are you posting this here, a good while after the event ended? If you don't like the event, you don't have to participate, but we didn't break any rules. And in my opinion, massbreedings and walls are often good because it drives down the time of the ap. Also, this was a 3 day long event, there were going to be multiple waves. I just think you're being a little rude coming on here to complain about an event that some people did like, and participated in. I can't control people massbreeding breeds I don't care for, but I'm not going to complain about it. I can't control people NOT massbreeding and the ap times creeping up high, either. We all get to play the game how we choose.

yeah, sorry it's a bit rude. and I didn't remember to check the topic last week right after the event happened. But I don't see many people going in here with opposing opinions already and it's impossible for me to just hold back my frustration without telling someone about it, or I"ll just get more upset about it every year. (and I'm not trying to personally attack I promise. I'm frustrated about the wall of all one breed of dragon and I've always been frustrated about that, no matter who participated.)

If I had to guess, there probably aren't opposing opinions here because it's not a place intended for debating opinions on massbreeding, but for organizing one. Personally,  I think the walls went great! I love the idea of bringing awareness to real-life issues through small acts like this and, as a big supporter of ecology and efforts to bolster threatened species, celebrating species days in any way is super cool.

Next year, I'll be sure to not use my celestials too close to the date. Did that this year about 25ish days before and then the week before (in 2 batches) and realized too late... I still was able to contribute, but not nearly as many as I wanted to!