PancakeIsBest

Make it so that during seasonal events (i.e. Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc.) you can buy the dragons from the market?

I know you have a ton of time to collect all the dragons, but maybe during the event times like Halloween, you could buy the eggs of the dragons from the corresponding event in the market? I personally haven't had too much difficulty collecting the eggs, but this would make it easier for those who want a certain dragon but can't find it or give people a chance to get a copy of an egg easier. Obviously, this probably wouldn't be all year round and just during the event's duration (like when the extra biome for festivals is released). 

Support! This would also help alleviate the issue with more and more breeds inevitably being squished into a single "past breeds" biome during events.

Particular support for Vday and Christmas because established members can't pick up the eggs to help shuffle the biome, so the biome gets blocked and never moves. Halloween I'm neutral on, leaning towards support, because I would actually spend my shards on Crypt dragons.

I'd support that!  It would make sense, IMO.  And, as has been pointed out, the issue of "too many breeds in a single biome" is just going to increase over time.

Given the absolute nightmare it was to catch Pitfires, Crypts and Iridichis this year (the breeds I was trying to catch up on) I’m all for this. As long as it is limited to the days they’re available in cave of course, I can’t see the harm in this and it would help so much for people who have slow internet or don’t have the time to stalk the cave obsessively. 

The whole holiday biome situation is a bit sad in general because it makes people hate the older breeds and not because they’re not great but because they already have dozens of them and have to stare at them for hours in the cave. 

Support. I couldn't even trade for a single CB Pitfire this year. Halloween breeding is so limited, I have to carefully schedule my breeding plans to maximize what I can get, which means I can't really waste time refreshing the Halloween cave hoping to see a CB that I need (not to mention all the other users looking for the same thing).

Additional suggestion: Have the temporarily available breeds grouped together at the top of the Market so they're easier to find, maybe with an explanation of how long they'll be available. (By this I just mean event breeds, not things with time-based mechanics like Seasonals.)

I cannot see any downsides of this, it would help people too busy to sit on DC for hours to get anything, so yeah, +support as well.

+1 support for this. As others have mentioned, as the number of holiday dragons continues to increase, it will become more difficult to find a specific egg in the holiday biome.

Also this hadn't occurred to me, but like Skadi mentioned, during the Christmas and Valentine's Day events there are eggs that a number of players cannot even pick up to try to help move the biome along.

I would like this as well! It doesn't take away from the specialness that comes from getting a CB as well.

I love this idea! Although I have two concerns.

One is tied purely to implementation: how prices would be determined? Cave drop and breeding are in too short time frame for ratios to adjust.

Second is purely specularion, but I think it might slow biome and AP egg rotation: players might fill their slots with market eggs instead of picking other eggs from ap/cave, resulting in more cave blocking. Although it isn't a deep analysis and might end up completely differently so i'm not sure whether it's worth contemplating.

Support. 

I'm not sure it would slow biome rotation. Those eggs shuffle automatically. There are also plenty of people who want lineages as opposed to CBs. Plus lots of people grab market eggs just to toss in the AP already.

11 hours ago, Nakti said:

I love this idea! Although I have two concerns.

One is tied purely to implementation: how prices would be determined? Cave drop and breeding are in too short time frame for ratios to adjust.

Second is purely specularion, but I think it might slow biome and AP egg rotation: players might fill their slots with market eggs instead of picking other eggs from ap/cave, resulting in more cave blocking. Although it isn't a deep analysis and might end up completely differently so i'm not sure whether it's worth contemplating.

Manual pricing might be necessary. I think due to Vday/Christmas limits, those eggs should be relatively cheap. My main concern with those is how hard it is for new members to get those eggs, especially when the biome is blocked by eggs that are scroll locked.

Halloween being slightly more expensive feels fair, since Halloween CBs feel a little more valuable.

Edited by Skadi

On 11/20/2023 at 11:47 PM, Iside said:

Support, only during the events

Meh - but I agree - if it happens it MUST be only during the events.

I honestly can't see why it would be available outside of the relevant in-cave availability?  I mean none of the other time-restricted dragons can be bought outside their respective time frames, so...  It would honestly make less sense for them to be available outside of their season via the market.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

I honestly can't see why it would be available outside of the relevant in-cave availability?  I mean none of the other time-restricted dragons can be bought outside their respective time frames, so...  It would honestly make less sense for them to be available outside of their season via the market.

I meant that the event dragon eggs would only be sold during the event that they are in

Big support! This would save me soo much time and I would have to pick between AP hunting and biome hunting.

Not to mention I honestly don't have as much free time during some of these holidays to be checking drops consistently enough to catch the harder to nab eggs. 

This would be helpful to both new and old members.

I support this suggestion, but what would the price be? Vday alone has 15 different breeds, totaling 30 dragons (2 per breed) x 100 = 3,000 shards out of the 5,200 shards you can obtain yearly. If implemented I'd be in favor of "50" per egg. 

More holiday biomes that holds "x" amount of holiday breeds might be a better solution.

Holiday 1 = 2007 - 2010
Holiday 2 = 2011 - 2014

etc....

Support for only sold during the event.

On 11/24/2023 at 9:07 AM, Laugh said:

I support this suggestion, but what would the price be? Vday alone has 15 different breeds, totaling 30 dragons (2 per breed) x 100 = 3,000 shards out of the 5,200 shards you can obtain yearly. If implemented I'd be in favor of "50" per egg. 

My thought is christmas/v-day: keep it 100 forever, unless one day the other eggs could cost lower than 100 to buy! XD My reason is it's a one-time cost, unless people are trying to get good code, but that is not necessary need so it's reasonable to pay if need choosing. But my thought based on I don't think a newbie can collect all CB dragons in the first year so no problem in total cost > 5200.

Halloween: I've no idea they need to add into market or not! So lets others discussion. But I think they can have price changes because no limited for them.

Support this 100% - it makes appropriate use of the Market as it's intended to be used, AND it means I stand a proper chance of getting my CB scroll goals for Halloweens XD

Yeah there's not enough time in a week for a new player (assuming bronze or no trophy scroll without 100% incubate uptime) to get all the CBs. They can also hunt in the cave for the Blockers, so that's less they have to buy. This would be more for the eggs that don't show up as much in the shuffle, that are frustrating to get.

Support. It makes sense they are able to be bought on the market during the time they're available, and makes getting the rarer holiday dragons easier.