Edenello

Lengthy Lines - Making the Longest Spirals and Stairsteps

Heya, I'd like some advice from y'all veteran LL breeders. I picked up a lot of 3g checkers in the Stuff the AP week, and I think I want to try and breed a spiral line, but instead of alternating male/female CBs I want to use all the checker 3gs.

My questions are first of all what a lineage like that would be called, and second, what would be the best way to start it? Just starting with one checker seems obvious, but I feel like that would make it less symmetrical?

55 minutes ago, Zonnedauw said:

Heya, I'd like some advice from y'all veteran LL breeders. I picked up a lot of 3g checkers in the Stuff the AP week, and I think I want to try and breed a spiral line, but instead of alternating male/female CBs I want to use all the checker 3gs.

My questions are first of all what a lineage like that would be called, and second, what would be the best way to start it? Just starting with one checker seems obvious, but I feel like that would make it less symmetrical?

Interesting! I'm not sure if there's a name for it, the lineage terminology thread may be a better place to look or ask. I'm not sure the best way to start it either, but this is the lineage builder I usually use if you wanted to try to model it. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Zonnedauw said:

I was going to say pretty much the same as Edenello. I would play with it a bit in the lineage builder and see what you can do. I have never attempted anything like that.

33 minutes ago, Edenello said:

Interesting! I'm not sure if there's a name for it, the lineage terminology thread may be a better place to look or ask. I'm not sure the best way to start it either, but this is the lineage builder I usually use if you wanted to try to model it. Good luck!

The lineage terminology page unfortunately didn't have this on file, but the lineage builder helped a lot!

I think I figured out what to do with the middle, I'm going to have to breed that first tho, before I start the spiral. This lineage was smaller in my head, but I think it looks pretty cool!

https://chazza.me/dc/lineage-builder/view/4fe84777d40a5a87c3ee2ed1a48002ae2a22c65e

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 65

Proof/Lineage Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/4AE56

6 hours ago, Zonnedauw said:

but I think it looks pretty cool!

It does. :)

Edited by purplehaze

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 7

Proof/Lineage Link: Future Runaway

Notes: Finally had the correctly influenced gen 6 grow up, on to gen 7!

17 hours ago, Edenello said:

Finally had the correctly influenced gen 6 grow up, on to gen 7!

Yay!

On 12/1/2023 at 10:14 AM, Zonnedauw said:

Echoing others, I don't think there's a widespread term aside from stair/spiral, but I have seen some stairs done like this with 2Gs, and I think of them as "Tall Stairs" because they look like staircases with very high, deep steps.  :)  You could call it a "double stair" (for 2Gs), "triple stair" (for 3Gs), etc. I guess.

1 hour ago, Gwathgor said:

The first lineage I built from the scratch to go over 12 generations :D

Congratulations! :)

I Am Starting/Continuing a Lineage!

Forum Name: zippuzzle

Scroll Name: zippuzzle

Generation Number Goal: 26

Starting Dragons & Starting Generation: Wistful Roses x Wistful Reflections

Lineage Group: Wistful Wisteria

Dragons Used/Pattern: Wisteria stairstep

Notes: I am finishing my lineage from the 100 Day Breeding Challenge. I took a break for a bit to focus on some projects I neglected during the challenge, but it's been a personal project goal of mine to make my second-ever dragon the matriarch of a long line of flowers and I am excited to continue once holiday things settle again.

3 hours ago, zippuzzle said:

I Am Starting/Continuing a Lineage!

Forum Name: zippuzzle

Scroll Name: zippuzzle

Generation Number Goal: 26

Starting Dragons & Starting Generation: Wistful Roses x Wistful Reflections

Lineage Group: Wistful Wisteria

Dragons Used/Pattern: Wisteria stairstep

Notes: I am finishing my lineage from the 100 Day Breeding Challenge. I took a break for a bit to focus on some projects I neglected during the challenge, but it's been a personal project goal of mine to make my second-ever dragon the matriarch of a long line of flowers and I am excited to continue once holiday things settle again.

Welcome! Which generation are you on now? :) 

On 12/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, Edenello said:

Welcome! Which generation are you on now? :) 

My line is on the 18th generation! Sorry, I thought I put the number next to her name but I see it isn't there now >.>;;

My scroll was hijacked by Christmas dragons, but finally has space for breeding again! XD

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 68

Proof/Lineage Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/QqlHb