Edenello

Lengthy Lines - Making the Longest Spirals and Stairsteps

Just now, Zonnedauw said:

Oof that sucks, I'll try to keep an eye out. Is there any way to predict at what time the egg will appear in the AP?

thanks!

i actually don't know.  it probably depends on how fast the AP eggs move.

what i know is this: i bred it Nov 7 at 12:33 p.m. eastern/cave time.

this afternoon, i put it in hatcheries because it was now at 5d23h.  when i went to incubate it, for some reason, i clicked on the egg and abandoned it.

so since it's in hatcheries (Valley Sherwood, Allure of Neglected Dragons, and Silvi's Lair), my suspicion will be that it will hatch on Friday, November 10 at 12:33 p.m. eastern/cave time.  and i don't know where the hatchies actually show up in the AP if the egg hatches on the AP.

this could get interesting!

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 62

Proof/Lineage Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Vjd1T

Notes: (optional) Post-Halloween breeding has begun! Looks like Marocephalic dragons are quite dominant right now.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

and i don't know where the hatchies actually show up in the AP if the egg hatches on the AP.

this could get interesting!

The AP times are settling back to normal very rapidly, so I don't think it will be an issue.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The AP times are settling back to normal very rapidly, so I don't think it will be an issue

oh good to know, thanks!

I'll be watching when I can.

7 hours ago, trystan said:

SOS.  was totally NOT paying attention and accidentally abandoned Simone instead of incubating her. oops.  don't ask how it happened, beyond me not paying attention.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hl0GD

i've renamed the parents. and the egg is at 5d23h - bred time was 12:33 p.m. eastern/cave time on November 7

Oh no! I'll try to keep an eye out for it.

thanks!

and thanks everyone for keeping your eyes out.

at the time of this posting, the AP eggs are showing between 3d19h and 3d21h.  my egg is at 5d15h.

but I'm also thinking that even if i don't get it back, i can breed the parents again to continue the lineage.  it's not like it's a current competition or anything XD 

sorry for the double-post, but it's like 19 hours later and.....

good news!  got my eggie back!

on one of my discords, someone said that it was on a scroll of someone who hadn't been on the forum since like 2019, and then they reported that BringsTheSnow had it! and then i got a message on discord she was sending it back my way! yay!

so now the egg is reinfluenced, hatched, named, and her parents have their proper names back.  now i need to sort her to see if she's Blue or Red. :D 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

good news!  got my eggie back!

Yay! Glad it all worked out for you. :)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yay! Glad it all worked out for you. :)

i'm glad too, thanks!

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 5

Proof/Lineage Link: Future Runaway E

Notes: Finally got some more whiptails to continue this! :D 

oops, i thought i forgot something the other day....

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 31

Proof/Lineage Link: Priya

Notes: i bred Gabriel and Octavia on saturday the 18th :blink:, and Priya will be able to breed with Tarandus on Thursday :)

Announcement: We have trophies!

I made some trophies for the different generation milestones of the Hall of Fame, they can be found in the third post under the banner. Enjoy :D 

---

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 6

Proof/Lineage Link: Future Runaway

As a side note, I bred some of the previous generations of this lineage to the AP for the Stuff the AP event. Hoping they find good homes :D would be interesting if there were offshoots of the lineage.

Edited by Edenello
added announcement

I Am Starting a New Lineage!

Forum Name: Egg Watcher

Scroll Name: Dragonoligist 

Generation Number Goal: 33

Current Generation: 3

Starting Dragons: m199 and jp4c

Lineage Group: common pygmy lengthy line 

Dragons Used/Pattern: purebred common pygmy spiral 

Notes: this will be my first linage project, I'm excited to see how high I can go ^^ setting a somewhat reasonable goal first though 

1 hour ago, Egg Watcher said:

I Am Starting a New Lineage!

Forum Name: Egg Watcher

Scroll Name: Dragonoligist 

Generation Number Goal: 33

Current Generation: 3

Starting Dragons: m199 and jp4c

Lineage Group: common pygmy lengthy line 

Dragons Used/Pattern: purebred common pygmy spiral 

Notes: this will be my first linage project, I'm excited to see how high I can go ^^ setting a somewhat reasonable goal first though 

Welcome! Congrats on the first project :D I have updated the member list

Oops I was meant to go to bed, but I have an announcement because I updated a few things. Adding it here to prevent double-posting. If anyone missed yesterday's announcment, we also now have trophies for 12, 25, 50, 75, and 100 generations.

Announcement

A few changes have been made to the thread! First, I have updated the rules slightly with clarifications for completed lineages and cross-posting lineages from other threads. To summarize:

• If you would like to submit a completed lineage, you must have the two most-recent generations of dragons on your scroll.
  • Cross-posting lineages that are a part of other active lineage projects on the forum is discouraged. This does not apply if: 1. the other lineage project is locked or inactive, or 2. the lineage is a part of a completed challenge, such as the 200 day breeding challenge.

Another thing: I have merged the Starting a New Lineage and Continuing an Old Lineage forms into one. If you would like to update your main form you may be do, but it is not required. The current generation field on the new/continuing lineage form has also been removed due to confusion and redundancy.

Finally, the FAQ section has been added and is a work-in-progress! Please let me know if you have any additional questions to be added.

Edited by Edenello

Just learned that I incorrectly influenced the egg that just grew up for lengthy lines by mistake, so now I need to wait for the previous breeding pair to be available again. Oops. :( 

Oof, I know that feeling - last time I bred for my drakes line, I accidentally picked a non-CB mate 🤦‍♀️ Now I still have to wait two days until I can do the right breeding.