Chaos Rider

Add Sunrise/Sunset dragons to the market

Currently Sunrise/Sunset dragons are the only non-holiday, non-prize dragon missing from the market. They are unique in that the eggs become one of two different breeds upon hatching (rather than when the egg is made in the case of Sunbeam/Moonglow Drakes. This complicates matters and is likely why they're not listed in the market in the first place. I suggest adding them to the market but specifying both breeds in the market listing e.g. Sunrise/Sunset. But I'm not tj, I have no idea if that is even possible or feasible

If at all possible, I absolutely support this.  It'd be nice.

Since it works for parents who breed, I don’t really see why market wouldn’t. 🤔

It does seem odd. I suppose partly it would be - what do you call it. There's no other egg in there that could hatch differently. and I can just imagine newer players saying they bought a Sunrise and they got a sunset - what gives ?

The drakes only show at "their" time of day - but this one is something else.

38 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I suppose partly it would be - what do you call it.

Sunrise/Sunset?

New players are often confused about them anyway, but this would at least indicate that it could hatch into either one.

That's the obvious - but it would be the only dual named one in there.

@TJ09 - is there an overweening reason this can't happen ?

Support! I can't see a good reason for the Sun eggs not to be included in the Market when all the other time-variable breeds are (Gemshards and Moonglow/Sunbeam for ex) unless there's a coding problem I'm not aware of.

Take it with a pinch of salt because I'm ignorant of how coding works, but it feels like that shouldn't be harder than the Market adjusting around Heralds and Sonatas when the egg itself is the same no matter when it's picked up?

Support.

Even if they just had to alternate during the day to match the hatching times and were missing the other 12 hours, it would be better than not having them on the market at all. They can drop in cave or be bred outside of hatching times, and they have to unlocked in the encyclopedia before they can be bought, so I would imagine that most folks should be somewhat aware of their mechanics. Hatching them at the wrong time would be on the buyer, just as it is when market eggs/hatchlings get sick, killed, abandoned, or frozen, or turned the wrong color by other mechanics (Cantos, Xols, Electrics, Siyats...).