PokeCat

ANSWERED:The Traveling Rooster

2 hours ago, D-wing said:

I love cute idea! But if it's an egg with special lineage I'm not sure if people feel dissatisfied like prize. Badge had the same problem but I think people not expected to get all of them, might be better.

Yes - "I was visited by TJ's rooster:"

image.png.589c8c2a262ecff35fa993528a6a6b21.png

I love this idea, it's so cute!! I'm neutral on the breeding part - I don't think it would be like Prizes since it's a chicken and not an exclusive breed, and as long as it's untradeable it would be a cool thing to have a chicken with a lineage, but I'm not psyched about the idea of a new rng dragon. That said, a lot of the game functions through rng already so it would fit well within the current mechanics!

Also I adore the Got Clucky badge thing, big support XD

I think this is a wicked idea and would definitely support it! +1

I love chooks myself so having a visit from a roaming rooster would be fantastic! Especially love the idea of the "Get Clucky" badge 💚 I also agree that keeping the event 'exclusive' would be best as I wouldn't want it to ruin the novelty of having such a visit, with a sudden influx of chickens - especially if it grants you a permanent breedable rooster on your scroll, I mean, it would break up a wall of white chickens (as I don't think different colours are a thing?) but having one to keep that was capable of breeding indefinitely on someone's personal scroll could cause an unbalance? 🤔

Either way, I definitely support the Travelling Rooster 😄👍

i feel like an idea like this has a lot of potential to be expanded even further! maybe there are multiple things that can visit you randomly, be it the rooster, maybe a wandering trader or a dragon looking for your help?

wandering trader could just be a little market extension, with a random set of maybe 5 eggs that are cheaper than in the market (maybe 50% off?). could happen on a set day, kind of like what goes down in stardew valley with the traveling cart. they happen every friday and sunday, and have a bunch of more uncommon items, sometimes a really rare item you may want to purchase.

the dragon could maybe give you some small task (minigames on site? maybe just "visit x page"? maybe have a trick or treat/festival of eggs type of on-site hunt to find an item the dragon requested?) and upon completion the dragon will give you a random reward. maybe an egg, maybe shards, maybe something completely else.

and maybe instead of having x% of chance for any of these happen a day, the set day would probably make them more pleasant, would sort of pinpoint what day you definitely want to visit the site if you don't do it daily. and if that feels too much, maybe the set day and a chance on that day? iunno, it's fun to come up with these ideas😁

On 9/3/2023 at 4:01 AM, Lexian said:

I think this is a wicked idea and would definitely support it! +1

I love chooks myself so having a visit from a roaming rooster would be fantastic! Especially love the idea of the "Get Clucky" badge 💚 I also agree that keeping the event 'exclusive' would be best as I wouldn't want it to ruin the novelty of having such a visit, with a sudden influx of chickens - especially if it grants you a permanent breedable rooster on your scroll, I mean, it would break up a wall of white chickens (as I don't think different colours are a thing?) but having one to keep that was capable of breeding indefinitely on someone's personal scroll could cause an unbalance? 🤔

Either way, I definitely support the Travelling Rooster 😄👍

Just to clear up some confusion; the idea we have here would NOT give you a breedable chicken!

A potential idea listed in the OG post is to give you a BRED chicken, which would still be an unbreedable hen, however this is only an extra idea and wouldn't have to be implemented. 

46 minutes ago, PokeCat said:

Just to clear up some confusion; the idea we have here would NOT give you a breedable chicken!

A potential idea listed in the OG post is to give you a BRED chicken, which would still be an unbreedable hen, however this is only an extra idea and wouldn't have to be implemented. 

I still think it's a wicked idea either way ☺️👍

I could see TJ having the ability to breed his own Rooster/Hens, and then just tossing the egg(s) in the AP for some lucky lurker, kind of like what he does with his Thuweds. 

It would be very cool! 😁
The name of the user visited by The Rooster could be displayed in a place on the home screen. Like it's the user of the day 😁

🐓 🐓 🐓

I love this idea, its just another fun easter egg to get to experience/collect. And the idea of a bred hen is a lot of fun :)

On 11/10/2023 at 8:01 PM, Cinnamonear said:

It would be very cool! 😁
The name of the user visited by The Rooster could be displayed in a place on the home screen. Like it's the user of the day 😁

🐓 🐓 🐓

In that case, we need participation to be optional. I'm meh about the whole thing, but I know a good few players who wouldn't' want their names up there.

On 11/10/2023 at 9:01 PM, Cinnamonear said:

It would be very cool! 😁

🐓 🐓 🐓

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

In that case, we need participation to be optional. I'm meh about the whole thing, but I know a good few players who wouldn't' want their names up there.

Yeah, unfortunately in a game where too many people looking at your profile can kill your creatures, having any kind of "user of the day" feature is probably a bad idea. Less "the traveling rooster" and more "the traveling nuke" 🤣

While this is cute and fun in theory, I wonder if it'll cause issues like Prize dragons do. It took me what felt like FOREVER to actually get one; I had an easier time getting a CB Gold from the Cave & a Leetle tree. And I seem to remember something about people being upset that some players were lucky enough to win a second Prize, when they still hadn't gotten one, so if we can avoid that headache by making it like the "Beat the Heat" badge where as long as you were signed in on that particular day you were visited by the rooster, I'm all for it! If drama can't be eliminated, then maybe rethink this? I'm only saying this as I find drama kinda sucks the fun out of the game. XD  And from what I read in this thread, there was some drama attached to it. XD

I don't think 2g chickens would become anywhere near as sought-after as prize dragons are/were. CB prize dragons are valuable because they're unique breeds capable of starting lineages. When you have a CB prize, you can keep producing 2g's to trade away, which in turn are valuable because trading for the exact combination you'd like for a lineage is difficult.

A 2g chicken would be visually identical to a CB chicken, be incapable of breeding (unless the rooster comes by a second time, which would require an insane amount of luck), and incapable of being a part of any unique lineages.

Trading away a 2g chicken could potentially become valuable, but it would by necessity be a one-time thing for each player, not an infinite source of valuable trade material. Once that egg is gone it's gone, after all. And considering how rare they would be, I doubt most people would want to trade theirs away.

I imagine that breeding with the rooster could possibly multi clutch?

I know chickens lay several eggs over time, but I don’t see it as that much of a stress.

Another way to avoid some drama would be to make tj’s rooster a yearly thing, so it would show up on your scroll every year at the same date, but you don’t know what date till you catch it?

Alternatively, I think it just popping up and moving fast through online scrolls, alerting the users, would give it a decently wide coverage. 

Love this idea! The badge would be amazing. Neutral on the breeding aspect. I don't see it causing issues with the player economy, but if it ignites jealousy drama, then I'd rather have the little traveler and badge without any breeding.

Here to bump and show my support! Chickens are my favorite unbreedable so I would love to have the possibility of a 2g, and just to see the rooster appear on my scroll.