kathy5

ANSWERED:White vesping dragon

Go to solution Solved by Astreya,

I don't see any in the cave and not very many in the hatchlings in the hatcheries.  Will there be a breeding thread for these eggs? Thanks

There are loads of posts about this; they are a bit like red dorsals - just a matter of chance. I suppose people might breed them - but there';s no thread for breeding red dorsals or tan ridgewings.... If I breed one you will be welcome to it !

Good luck breeding - I've had 11 tries and sent all 11 yellows to the AP.  And no, I've not seen any in the cave either.  Not taking chances on the Market. 

I caught one in the cave, but none of my market ones were white so I APd them..

And - well, let's not forget how VERY long this took me...: 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/H3cNF

Alts are hard work. I imagine the white Vespines will be similar.

Well, so far I had no success catching even one of them myself at all - and I must have caught about 30 yellow Vespines from the Cave (I only kept my Scroll goal of 8 CB pairs while dumping all extras to the AP or for a dummy at the Trading Hub). The 8 Yellow pairs I bred only gave yellow, too.

From what I'm reading, most whites aren't coming from yellow pairings. I like to stick to purebeds, but at least with changing it up I'll get twice as many tries.  I think I'll single-handedly block the AP!

On 7/7/2023 at 5:23 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I caught one in the cave, but none of my market ones were white so I APd them..

Is it possible to get white ones from the Market? I checked because trying to catch them is a PITA and I've only seen yellow eggs there.

Edited by Charity322

1 hour ago, Charity322 said:

Is it possible to get white ones from the Market? I checked because trying to catch them is a PITA and I've only seen yellow eggs there.

The yellow egg is the only one you will see, but there is a random chance of the egg you buy actually turning out to be white instead. You will not know until it is on your scroll. Some have bought as many as 18 yellows without getting a white. Others have been luckier. But the white ones are definitely much, much rarer.

Edited by purplehaze
typo

8 hours ago, Charity322 said:

Yes it  is. My grandson bought one (He has a LOT of shards) and wanted to give it to me - but of course he can't. He was very annoyed as he doesn't actually want it 

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The yellow egg is the only one you will see, but there is a random chance of the egg you buy actually turning out to be white instead. You will not know until it is on your scroll. Some have bought as many as 18 yellows without getting a white. Others have been luckier. But the white ones are definitely much, much rarer.

Thanks, that's useful to know! I might give it a try anyway. I'm getting no luck with the cave.

I noticed while checking out the Market that some alts are clearly visible e.g. Ciriax Lindwyrm, whereas others only have one variant showing e.g Dorsal Dragon. Does anyone know why that is and do the not showing ones still have a chance of showing up as the other colour?

5 hours ago, Charity322 said:

Thanks, that's useful to know! I might give it a try anyway. I'm getting no luck with the cave.

I noticed while checking out the Market that some alts are clearly visible e.g. Ciriax Lindwyrm, whereas others only have one variant showing e.g Dorsal Dragon. Does anyone know why that is and do the not showing ones still have a chance of showing up as the other colour?

Not sure why it is, but they do supposedly have a chance of showing up as the other dragon--so you could be buying a ridgewing and get a tan instead.

One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot teleport market eggs, so if you gamble on variants and get the wrong one you're either stuck with it or you can abandon it but you can't try and trade or gift it.  Just something to remember before gambling shards.

7 hours ago, Charity322 said:

The variants that show up in the market seem to be the ones that have both of the following requirements:

1. Can be obtained in the cave through definite means, which is usually just biome-dependent alts (Ciriax, as you pointed out, have different coloration according to biome. So do coppers, baikala, xenos, and florets. Xenos are a little unique because technically when you grab them wild, you gamble between two breeds. When they were initially added, though, that was not the case, so I'd guess the more recent ones were just added in addition to the older ones to keep it simple.)

2. Have different egg sprites for each variant (Pargulus have only one market spot because no matter where you get the egg, it's the same sprite even though they have biome-dependent variants.)

So dorsals, ridgewings, and now vespines have random-chance alts that are less likely to occur. Since you cannot ensure that you get a, for example, tan ridgewing in the cave, you can't do so in the market--even though they have a unique egg sprite.

A good example for some breeds that have neither of the requirements are alcedines and flare-tail pygmies. Only one egg sprite and there's no way to know for sure what variant you get based on biome!

OMG...I have been hunting a White Vespine and got lucky with a breeding.  White on my first try!!  I bred my Yellow Vespine with my Honey Drake.

I got one with a Honey Drake yesterday, too.  Proud owner of two now!  I think it will be a long time before I get any CB's.  Never saw any at all in the cave yesterday.

Thanks. That's useful to know.

Wasted all my shards on yellows form Market. DX Just want at least one white pair.

Fuzzbuck  wow on your red dorsal

Thanks for the answers everyone  I now have a breeding pair of white vespines.

Hmmm…. I thought they might be something to do with the moons like heralds and sonatas……

It’s useful to know that they’re more like dorsals and ridgewings.

thanks!