Lushwave

Market Voucher

I really like this idea! Support. As for specifics:

Date awarded: My first choice is on your scroll birthday. For a scroll where a specific start date cannot be determined I think it would make sense for them to get a prompt on their real birthday (as listed in their account profile) to receive their voucher on that day or set a date in the future that they would like to receive it. From that point on, the date they choose for receiving the voucher the first time is recurring, even if they change their birthday at a later time. (For leap years there may be some extra work to do with coding - IDK...) This would mean that those players with early scrolls have staggered access just like all the newer players and you (hopefully) do not have a wave of people cashing in their vouchers all at the same time and inflating the Market price of rares artificially.

I am not a fan of making this a recurring raffle prize. I could see it being incorporated into a one-off raffle, like the old competitions for Prize dragons used to be, but my preference would be for everyone to get one rather than just those selected by RNG.

Voucher expiration: I think this would be best if you can only have 1 at a time. This could be coded such that, if you still have yours from the previous year, the new voucher relpaces the old one. One pro to this is that it would prompt a notification to all users that they have a voucher, regardless of if they used the previous voucher or not. 

Voucher acquired dragons: I see no reason to have a special biome name separate from "Market" or to differentiate between how voucher-purchased dragons function versus those purchased with shards. I don't really think it matters if they are scroll-locked or can be abandoned, so treating them like other Market eggs is probably easiest. If we worry about how people who break the rules can exploit things then we probably wouldn't have Magis and would not be able to abandon Flip-mints or Prizes.

Voucher takes off: First choice is for it to take off the full price off of any 1 egg from the Market. As you stated, if this violates how the Merket was invisioned to function then I would be okay with a different mechanic/discount. This seems simplest and the most straightforward to me (as well as the biggest reward to the players).

Second choice would be for the voucher to apply a set shard discount. Perhaps 500 or 1,000 shards. Again, it can only be used on 1 egg, not split between multiples, so if the egg you chose is less than the voucher amount the egg is free and the remaining amount unused from the voucher disappears.

Very cool idea overall!

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Full Support from a 15 years lasting player :D

Started in 2008

I think the Scroll Birthday would definitely be the best option to all of this :3

Raffle RNG is way too much RNG. There are many many Players. I haven't won a Prize Dragon in Years so this would be even more difficult.

I like the idea as a little gimmick.

Preferably the "scroll b-day" version of it, with either one free egg no matter the price, or maybe 50% off for eggs that cost over 1000 shards or smth.

Says I, who hasn't used the market at all so far and has hoarded over 20k shards 😂

5 hours ago, Gluria said:

I like the idea as a little gimmick.

Preferably the "scroll b-day" version of it, with either one free egg no matter the price, or maybe 50% off for eggs that cost over 1000 shards or smth.

Says I, who hasn't used the market at all so far and has hoarded over 20k shards 😂

I think the possibility of it giving a very expensive egg or 50% off really pricey stuff is a non starter. I'd say 500 shards an ABSOLUTE maximum. Says she who saved like mad for golds and stats....

I'm very on the fence. I can see the use, AND I can see the abuse (comes with being a mod)

Personally I am seeing this as a way to get a free stat- which bypasses/breaks the Market system. Why try to save shards when you can just get a free one come birthday (very overpowered). Yeah, that's a hard aft no from me.

But as I said, I'm on the fence: for it to be remotely acceptable I think there needs to be some major checks and balances in play.  IF it goes through then I would see this to help mitigate advantage by people who multi-scroll or would seek to abuse the system.

Scroll Birthday only: As much fun as your own birthday is, it could be abused people changing it to try to get more- unless your actual birthday, once entered, is forever entered.

One Voucher a Year: This really doesn't need to be stated, because of the above. Player must have been active for at least one full year.  However, this is TJ's oyster and I am sure he could throw in a random event if he chose to. There is a caveat to my ideas as stated below below (I know it'll be unpopular, but as a mod I have reasons for this)

Silver Trophy Level: 200 dragons I don't think is unfeasible for a player to obtain this in the span of a year, I'd be willing for it to be 100-150 if lower is needed, however bronze trophy is a little too easy. Once the scroll reaches the 200 (even if its a few or even weeks days past scroll birthday) the yearly voucher given. The next one will be given out as usual.

Active Scroll: Player must be actively playing on Dragon cave prior to scroll birthday. If the scroll has been inactive for 3+months, then a voucher will not be given.

Shards Discount: Not a total freebie; there can at most 5-600 shards given with each voucher.  I suppose this could mean you could buy 5-or 6 eggs at 100 each, one egg at 5-600 each or a stat at 600 off. Alternatively to prevent someone buying 6 eggs- maybe a 5-10% off market place. But no more. That allows it to be scalable to roughly the max 500-600 shards. if a stat goes up to 7K (gods help us it doesn't) then 600max shards.

Vouchers cannot be stacked: If for any reason TJ sends everyone a second voucher, they can only be used one per purchase. example 500shard birthday voucher, and 200 shards TJ is being benevolent voucher, does not mean you have 700 shards to use on a gold.

They will expire: Much like the raffle egg lasts for 30 days, you have one full year to redeem your voucher. If you do not redeem it by your next scroll birthday, it will vanish and then you have to accept your new one.

Non Transferable: Voucher, Egg, hatchling or adult dragon (Clearly this doesn't go to the AP) bought with this voucher cannot be abandoned to the AP or transferred to any other user in any way or form. IF  abandoned it goes forever wild. It would read as a market egg, with an invisible flag its voucher funded.

Edited by Starscream

7 hours ago, Starscream said:

I'm very on the fence. I can see the use, AND I can see the abuse (comes with being a mod)

Personally I am seeing this as a way to get a free stat- which bypasses/breaks the Market system. Why try to save shards when you can just get a free one come birthday (very overpowered). Yeah, that's a hard aft no from me.

But as I said, I'm on the fence: for it to be remotely acceptable I think there needs to be some major checks and balances in play.  IF it goes through then I would see this to help mitigate advantage by people who multi-scroll or would seek to abuse the system.

Scroll Birthday only: As much fun as your own birthday is, it could be abused people changing it to try to get more- unless your actual birthday, once entered, is forever entered.

One Voucher a Year: This really doesn't need to be stated, because of the above. Player must have been active for at least one full year.  However, this is TJ's oyster and I am sure he could throw in a random event if he chose to. There is a caveat to my ideas as stated below below (I know it'll be unpopular, but as a mod I have reasons for this)

Silver Trophy Level: 200 dragons I don't think is unfeasible for a player to obtain this in the span of a year, I'd be willing for it to be 100-150 if lower is needed, however bronze trophy is a little too easy. Once the scroll reaches the 200 (even if its a few or even weeks days past scroll birthday) the yearly voucher given. The next one will be given out as usual.

Active Scroll: Player must be actively playing on Dragon cave prior to scroll birthday. If the scroll has been inactive for 3+months, then a voucher will not be given.

Shards Discount: Not a total freebie; there can at most 5-600 shards given with each voucher.  I suppose this could mean you could buy 5-or 6 eggs at 100 each, one egg at 5-600 each or a stat at 600 off. Alternatively to prevent someone buying 6 eggs- maybe a 5-10% off market place. But no more. That allows it to be scalable to roughly the max 500-600 shards. if a stat goes up to 7K (gods help us it doesn't) then 600max shards.

Vouchers cannot be stacked: If for any reason TJ sends everyone a second voucher, they can only be used one per purchase. example 500shard birthday voucher, and 200 shards TJ is being benevolent voucher, does not mean you have 700 shards to use on a gold.

They will expire: Much like the raffle egg lasts for 30 days, you have one full year to redeem your voucher. If you do not redeem it by your next scroll birthday, it will vanish and then you have to accept your new one.

Non Transferable: Voucher, Egg, hatchling or adult dragon (Clearly this doesn't go to the AP) bought with this voucher cannot be abandoned to the AP or transferred to any other user in any way or form. IF  abandoned it goes forever wild. It would read as a market egg, with an invisible flag its voucher funded.

I'm with you 100%

I'm indifferent, though I can definitely see the argument for it being a discount instead of a freebie for eggs over "x" cost. (Maybe 2,000 shards?) Most folks would indeed use this on Stats without question, especially if it were free, with a few folks possibly picking Golds/Silvers or unbreedables instead.

There are only a few breeds over 2k, and most below that price don't seem like they would be hit too hard by an influx of market eggs:

Chicken - 4,700
Magma - 4,100
Blue Dino - 3,500
Paper - 3,500
Purple Dino - 3,500
Red Dino - 3,500
Staterae Xeno - 3,500
Yellow Dino - 3,300
Cheese - 3,000
Gold - 3,000
Ice - 3,000
Thunder - 2,900
Green Dino - 2,700
Silver - 2,300

On 8/15/2023 at 5:58 AM, Starscream said:

Silver is very reasonable with the AP being near-ER or lower most of the year, especially if one isn't picky about what they collect... math because I'm a nerd and like numbers. |D

Using only ER AP eggs:

No trophy to bronze can be done in 2 weeks. (50 adults / 12 growing slots = ~5 batches * 3 days to grow = 15 days)

Bronze to silver can be done in 1 month. (150 adults / 15 growing slots = 10 batches * 3 days to grow = 30 days)

Total: 1.5 months

Using 7d 0h eggs (no incubate):

No trophy to bronze is 1.25 months. (50 adults /4 egg slots = ~13 batches * 3 days to grow = 39 days)

Bronze to silver is 3 months. (150 adults / 5 egg slots = 30 batches * 3 days to grow = 90 days)

Total: 4.25 months

Edit:  @Nakti Oop good catch. Sleepy brain got me.

Edited by 11th
Weird formatting.

15 hours ago, 11th said:

6 days to grow

These actually take 3 days to grow too, because when they hatch you can immediately grab next batch of eggs. 

On 8/14/2023 at 1:48 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I think the possibility of it giving a very expensive egg or 50% off really pricey stuff is a non starter. I'd say 500 shards an ABSOLUTE maximum. Says she who saved like mad for golds and stats....

Agreed. After thinking on it more I realized that 50-100% off any egg is far too generous of a gift. I can't imagine saving for multiple golds and stats...

Well. it can be done and it feels SO worth it ! (Mind you, I bought my stats when they were around 2000... Those were the days !)

I'm OK with - say - 50% off a  image.png.3b1ac245f94e5cc352b3c3fa1f561c31.png :lol:

Or even off a image.png.ea0c1f772e1cffc2f1ba82b1a232f463.png

As I say - I think 500 should be the max - and probably it should simply be a set amount.

Not sure whether it should just be added to the player's existing total, so that they could simply be added to the 1200 they already have and they could buy a image.png.5e9b0c1a9f390c4fa2f10d7699bb7eef.png (I  hadn't realised they were that expensive !) or they could simply use them to buy 5 image.png.3b1ac245f94e5cc352b3c3fa1f561c31.png - rather than having them one time use only.

I think better to just add them to the existing total - so that we can choose what we want, rather than being limited to finding ONE THING that will be the best value for our scrolls..

I guess it's probably been asked before (and should probably be in a different thread entirely), but noting @Fuzzbucket's comment of surprise at the cost of Goldern Wyverns, why isn't the market a two-way affair?  If we could sell back unwanted eggs (at a lower than buy price, of course), we could earn a few more shards . . .  Then again, I guess that would favour those with fast internet . . . hmmm, tricky . . . May have just answered my own question . . . ;)

Back to the voucher idea, I agree that it should probably be for a set amount, have an expiry time and not be cumulative.  

I like this idea, not so much for myself (I've been lucky to catch/win/met the right people here to get most everything I need) but for all those people out there who just don't have the access to really good internet connections.

Dragon Cave is a wonderful game and I love it, but those with the best internet and devices have an advantage over everyone else. It's not unusual to see certain players frequently offering the highly-valued CB eggs in trade because they most likely have the better means to catch them. A lot of dedicated players really try to catch eggs but when it takes anywhere from a second to ten seconds (the dreaded "lag") for a cave to switch, any potential good stuff is long gone. My internet can be really iffy here, so I speak from experience.  It is extremely hard to catch really rare dragons when you have slower internet than others do. 

Collecting shards has been the only way many players have to get a highly valued eggs (sometimes a kind soul gifts one, but that doesn't happen a lot). At 100 shards a week for consistent players, it could be 4+ years or more before they have a single pair each of CB Stats, Golds and Silvers.  A yearly voucher for a free egg would help alleviate that, keeping enthusiasm for the game while rewarding active players.  I'm big into training dogs with positive reinforcemnt - this would be +R for players!

Note: I said active players. I think it's not unreasonable to put a qualification on the voucher that requires some sort of active participation for so many days out of the year.  Just like the raffle requires certain actions, a voucher could do the same. It would still allow for times that people get busy, are ill, traveling etc but would reward for fairly active participation.

I think a full voucher for a free egg is best. Why quibble over an amount? We would all pick what is most important to us, and if that player wants a Stat and I choose a Copper - well, we'd both be getting what we want, so what's the problem?  We all would have the opportunity to choose the most - or least - expensive egg.  And that's how I think it should be. Not only that, but I'm guessing the coding for a straight-across voucher will be easier than having to deal with amounts or percentages.  I always feel for the coders whenever we players come up with new ideas ..😁

If you think about a voucher that would take 500 off the price, but can also be used to buy 5x100 shard eggs, you are essentially saying players get 500 shards on their birthday (or similar) that will expire if they haven’t bought anything by the next year. 😅

I think a voucher should remain a voucher. 

Only downside is that this will ultimately bring up the prices further, if you assume they are calculated based on rarity vs how many have bought/caught them on site. 
But I really don’t mind this considering it would bring a fairer distribution.