Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

I'm so sleepy... Ugh. Why body? I know we got up a tiny bit early, but that's no excuse. 

Dad was feeling pretty fine today, and he only got sick like once or twice, so... that's good! He weighed 309 lbs in January, and he's down to like... 250-ish lbs now. He still can't eat much, but today he did have a bit of jello and a bit of soup, so I'm proud of him. 

I mean, daylight savings time?

definitely messed with my internal clock

10 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

I mean, daylight savings time?

definitely messed with my internal clock

Totally.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

DST needs to stop.

Agreed.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny but cool, which would track with you guys getting snow. This is a busy house in the mornings. Three dogs to feed (two inside, one outside), one duck, two chickens, along with a bunch of plants to water. I'm not sure how I'll get to work on time (30 - 40 minute drive, depending on the traffic closer to work).

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Lagie said:
15 hours ago, trystan said:

DST needs to stop.

Agreed.

i used to say just pick one... but lately i'm now saying keep it standard time.  time is a human construct, daylight time doubly so.  there's places in the US that have never done daylight time.  and daylight time messes with humans' circadian rhythms, and other health issues.  so just keep standard time year round.  if that lovely 'sunshine' state gets permanent daylight time (they actually called it the 'Sunshine Protection Act' 😠... wtf, floriduh??) passed through the house, senate, and president, i'll deal with it.  as long as it means no more clock changing!!

*ahem*

sunny and in the upper 40s/lower 50s today, and 70 on thursday.  welcome to PA in march! XD

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, trystan said:

sunny and in the upper 40s/lower 50s today, and 70 on thursday.  welcome to PA in march! XD

Yup! Pretty much the same for us here in Maryland.

Just spent over a half hour trying to renew my driver's license online only to ultimately fail.

Went on the MVA site. Clicked on renew license. You have to set up a My MVA account. Requires a unique user name and a 12-character password with all kinds of special requirements (upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters, can't contain your user name, etc.) Tried to make up one that would make some sense to me. Submitted everything. Supposedly it would take a few minutes to set up the account and they would send an email when that was done. Nope! Never got an email. Went back on and logged in successfully anyway. Clicked again on renew driver's license only to get stopped dead because I need an eye exam. Why couldn't they have told me that the first time I clicked on that???? I would never have bothered setting up the stupid account that I will only use a maximum of once every two years!

Called the eye doctor's office about getting the form. They will fill it out and call me when it is ready to pick up. For a cost of $10.

Then I will have to either renew my license by mail or make an appointment to renew it in person because there is no way to get the form to the MVA electronically.

UGH!! So much fun!

Hey all~ Orkin guy came out this morning. All is well. 

My hands are freezing, but it's worth that since it was like... 77F in the house earlier. lol

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Just spent over a half hour trying to renew my driver's license online only to ultimately fail.

Well, that's annoying.

Our government renew-everything website supposedly already has our information in it so your national insurance number is your initial login password. I can't get in. It won't take any version of my name. Good thing most of the stuff can still be done in person.

My stepmother's off the island (yay) so my dad invited me for lunch. We had a lovely visit. I now have a book of maps from 1924, maps that my grandfather drew. Very cool. My dad has one for each of his kids but so far I'm the only one to ask for mine so I got first pick from the selection.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

yep, that's annoying and frustrating.  sheesh.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I can't get in. It won't take any version of my name. Good thing most of the stuff can still be done in person.

that's just rude.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I now have a book of maps from 1924, maps that my grandfather drew. Very cool.

oooh that IS cool!!

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Supposedly it would take a few minutes to set up the account and they would send an email when that was done. Nope! Never got an email.

It came. 3 hours later. "Few minutes" in government-speak?

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Well, that's annoying.

41 minutes ago, trystan said:

yep, that's annoying and frustrating.  sheesh.

Indeed.

22 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Dad was feeling pretty fine

Glad you had a good visit with him. Hope he continues to do well with treatment. Hopefully he will feel better at some point and be able to gain back some weight.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It came. 3 hours later. "Few minutes" in government-speak?

guess so.  one of the websites i use for work sends me a 6 digit code.  it asks if i want to save the page, i say yes.... and it forgets by the next day.  it says I'll get the code in 10 minutes, and sometimes i don't get the code.  i request another code.... and then it sends me the two codes. XD 

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Glad you had a good visit with him. Hope he continues to do well with treatment. Hopefully he will feel better at some point and be able to gain back some weight.

He called earlier and said that he managed to eat a bit today, but then he got a little sick. He has a stint thing in his throat, and that makes him feel nauseous. 

11 hours ago, trystan said:

i used to say just pick one... but lately i'm now saying keep it standard time.  time is a human construct, daylight time doubly so.  there's places in the US that have never done daylight time.  and daylight time messes with humans' circadian rhythms, and other health issues.  so just keep standard time year round.  if that lovely 'sunshine' state gets permanent daylight time (they actually called it the 'Sunshine Protection Act' 😠... wtf, floriduh??) passed through the house, senate, and president, i'll deal with it.  as long as it means no more clock changing!!

I know, and to think I left one of those states XP

also, just saw this in one of my discord threads:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and mostly sunny. I don't like this waking up in the dark nonsense.

10 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

also, just saw this in one of my discord threads:

yeah, that's about right.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Bright and mostly sunny. I don't like this waking up in the dark nonsense

sleep in? XD

bright and it's already 60F! :blink:

7 hours ago, trystan said:

sleep in? XD

I wish. But with all the critters to feed and myself too it's hard enough to get it all done before work departure time without allowing for extra time in bed. Sunday, maybe.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I wish. But with all the critters to feed and myself too it's hard enough to get it all done before work departure time without allowing for extra time in bed. Sunday, maybe.

yeah, i get that.... i try to sleep in.  i should be at my desk at 9, but it's only up the stairs.... so i get out of bed at 9 XD 

Posted (edited)

On 3/12/2024 at 10:13 AM, Lagie said:

I now have a book of maps from 1924, maps that my grandfather drew. Very cool. My dad has one for each of his kids but so far I'm the only one to ask for mine so I got first pick from the selection.

How cool is that?                     Awesome.

I'm wanting to reread the Master and Commander books and totally geek out tieing coloured threads to pins on a big map to mark their voyages in each book.

Only 21 books in the series.  Antiquated language and notions, state sanctioned piracy, big wooden sailing ships with big cannons and psycho villains and weather ..........lurrvelly.

I haven't read the last ones but MAPS!!!

I didn't die in the heat wave..............

I think.

Maybe I am ded.

I'll check.

Puss is still exhausted from it all and surveying my typing with a scary mother in law eye.

Which means I'm in trouble.................... if I'm alive.

Head cold cleared but I am so weak.                   like I can't lift stuff.   

I'm cooked.

Edited by sithdragon
added a word. I'm seriously cooked. Only a good bit of crumpet can save me now..............

3 hours ago, sithdragon said:

and totally geek out tieing coloured threads to pins on a big map to mark their voyages in each book.

Sounds like a neat idea!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and crumpets with jam*

Bright and sunny. The garbage collectors woke me way too early today.

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

The garbage collectors woke me way too early today.

for me, it's cats.  every day XD

Hi guys! Trying to learn Korean again, and the way the language handles numbers is hilarious to me for no reason. lol

21= 2x10+1. So in this case: 이십일.

이 means 2. 

십 means 10. 

일 means 1. 

I dunno why it amuses me, but it really does. It gets even crazier with like... 93 or something like that. 

7 hours ago, trystan said:

for me, it's cats.  every day XD

Silly kitties. XD

9 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It gets even crazier with like... 93 or something like that. 

Looks pretty cool, though.

Quietish day today, and the last day for one of my volunteers. :(

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Silly kitties. XD

they always are.  and they're good at walking on my neck, my bladder.... fun times. XD 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I dunno why it amuses me, but it really does. It gets even crazier with like... 93 or something like that. 

i agree with Lagie - it does look pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

last day for one of my volunteers. :(

let me guess, one of the good ones?

4 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi guys! Trying to learn Korean again, and the way the language handles numbers is hilarious to me for no reason. lol

21= 2x10+1. So in this case: 이십일.

이 means 2. 

십 means 10. 

일 means 1. 

idk, Japanese/Chinese handles it similarly (actually, idk if Chinese has something more simplified, I just know Japanese and Chinese share most of the same kanji regarding numbers)

but do not mind learning vicariously through you XP

1 minute ago, WaterScorpion said:

idk, Japanese/Chinese handles it similarly (actually, idk if Chinese has something more simplified, I just know Japanese and Chinese share most of the same kanji regarding numbers)

but do not mind learning vicariously through you XP

I was learning the Sino-Korean numbers, so that's what I talked about, but Korean also has it's own pure numbering system as well. The Sino-Korean ones use Chinese letters or something of that nature. The Sino-Korean numbers are used for a lot of things, such as large numbers and minutes as well as years and so on. Pure Korean numbers are used for counting people, smaller quantities and telling time. They only go from 0-99, as there is no pure Korean numbers for anything after that, which is interesting. After 99, you gotta use the Sino-Korean numbers again. 

It's really interesting to learn about. Sorry to just blab all that out by the way. lol