Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

1 hour ago, trystan said:

*places order for no clouds; no rain; temps in the 50sF or 60sF*

Good luck! We had a solar eclipse a few years ago. Our church administrative assistant set up a telescope with a filter in the parking lot for those of us who wanted to see it. And of course we had our special glasses, too, for when we weren't looking through the telescope. It was awesome!

Don't forget to protect your eyes!

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Good luck! We had a solar eclipse a few years ago. Our church administrative assistant set up a telescope with a filter in the parking lot for those of us who wanted to see it. And of course we had our special glasses, too, for when we weren't looking through the telescope. It was awesome!

Don't forget to protect your eyes!

thanks!

and yep, i watched the partial solar eclipse in 2017 from my work parking lot.  totally awesome!

and of course i have my glasses! :D 

Posted (edited)

mmm, that must be so cool.........that being said I haven't made much effort to see them when I have access to do so uwu

Edited by WaterScorpion

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

It rained in the night so everything's wet now. I will need to change out the cat towels.

11 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

mmm, that must be so cool

oh it's very cool! my mom, on the other side of the state, will also get to see the eclipse, probably about 90ish% totality. :D

dreary and cool today.

i have eggs hatching soon! :D

The sun came out! Along with a lot of irritating customers. Oh well.

Lagie is plagued with reverse vampires.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

XD Indeed!

And now an air conditioner installed next door that gives off an endless underlying noise. Grrrrr.

11 hours ago, trystan said:

oh it's very cool! my mom, on the other side of the state, will also get to see the eclipse, probably about 90ish% totality. :D

nice

yeah, when my bf looked it up, we saw the pathway and I was like "hey, I know someone in PA, wonder if they'll look at the eclipse..."

have fun!

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

ugh, reverse vampires

2 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

yeah, when my bf looked it up, we saw the pathway and I was like "hey, I know someone in PA, wonder if they'll look at the eclipse..."

have fun!

of course! thanks :) 

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

reverse vampires.

XD 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny. I meant to tidy the cat feeding area this morning but got distracted sorting foreign coins.

slept in, got bagels (yum!), worked until 5, did yet another errand.... dinner, and made it though all my emails. and now I'm here *whew*

rain tomorrow, snow sunday??

Another run of roasty days..................

sooooo annoyed with everything being so soggy all the time.

And I've managed to avoid getting sick all winter only to wake up to a blinder of a cold while everything is so hot.................

A summer cold got me.

Running a temperature while hugging a tissue box on a 40degC day is just the giddy limit.

so rude...

🙃

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Bright and sunny. My other cash person is finally back today after two months away!

5 hours ago, sithdragon said:

summer cold got me.

Ouch. Get well soon.

*sets out boxes of tissues*

8 hours ago, trystan said:

snow sunday??

:o That's the actual forecast or are you being silly?

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sun 10 | Day

39°

Occasional snow showers. High 39F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

rain today,  and I'm running around after work: library after lunch,  church meeting after. then a "coffee house" thing after dinner. wow!

5 hours ago, trystan said:

Chance of snow 50%.

Crazy!

Insanely busy today. With a half off day, we did 2,188! :o

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Bright and sunny. My other cash person is finally back today after two months away!

Ouch. Get well soon.

*sets out boxes of tissues*

Ooh, thank you for the tea!

Sunny here, with the ground still pleasantly wet from all the rain, so I might try to do some weeding today. If I can find the time from all the laundry and cleaning I have to take care of. XD 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Crazy!

that's Pennsylvania for you!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

With a half off day, we did 2,188! :o

wow!!

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, sithdragon said:

A summer cold got me.

Ugh! Those always seem the worst. Hope you feel better soon!

9 hours ago, trystan said:

Chance of snow 50%.

No snow predicted here, but highs in the 40s after a couple of 60-degree (F) days. Today is just raw and rainy.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Insanely busy today. With a half off day, we did 2,188! :o

Whew! That is crazy! Good, but crazy.

3 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Sunny here, with the ground still pleasantly wet from all the rain, so I might try to do some weeding today.

The ground here has been unpleasantly wet -- too wet for weeding. And it has rained all day today, so it will be at least 2 or 3 days before it is dried out enough, even if we don't get any more rain.

Busy week ahead. Daughter and I are hosting fellowship hour after church tomorrow.

I am walking with friends and helping with the free lunch at church on Monday.

And our church is hosting the winter shelter for the unhoused this week -- the last week it will run this year. That requires a lot of work from a lot of people. I am helping with meals several days -- breakfast 3 days and dinner 2.

Tuesday morning hubby and I have a meeting with an estate planning firm to update our wills, advance directives, etc. and I have a church meeting (virtual) in the evening. Oh, and hubby has PT that afternoon, too.

Good news -- we finally have our solar system up and running. Bad news -- it can't enerate electricity when it is raining.

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

No snow predicted here, but highs in the 40s after a couple of 60-degree (F) days. Today is just raw and rainy.

we had the raw and rainy here too.

as for the snow prediction... it IS still the first half of March, in PA, so.... XD 

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

our solar system up and running

1a075068b3e04c9886116011ac0df502.jpg

^not that one, i take it? XD 

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

^not that one, i take it? XD 

Nope. I guess I should have said "solar array" to be accurate. XD

Just now, purplehaze said:

Nope. I guess I should have said "solar array" to be accurate. XD

LOL

it's fine, i knew what you meant after a moment.

but oof that it doesn't generate electricity when it's raining.....

Going tomorrow to see Dad, and Bestie and I are going to sit with him while Mom's at work. Apparently the fifth day after chemo is tough, and of course it falls on a Sunday that Mom needs to work, and she's not comfortable to have him be by himself. So we agreed to just chill with him, even if he's just sleeping at least we'll be there to help if he needs us. ^^ He's still not able to eat much, and he's lost so much weight... It's not great, but he's still in fairly high spirits. 

Also... I'm finally losing weight! Not a lot yet, but it's happening! Silly body wanted to just retain all the water. Until now~ Whoo! lol

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Cloudy. I'm prepping to go off house sitting again and realizing how much stuff I did not get done while I was home. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Going tomorrow to see Dad,

I'm sure he'll be happy to have you there.

15 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

thank you for the tea

You're welcome!

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Busy week ahead

That does sound busy! Hope it all goes well.

Gotta get the laundry out.

15 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

but he's still in fairly high spirits. 

yay! this is a good thing.

and yep, snow.  ti's been flurrying on and off today.

Spoiler

kiWv4v8.jpg