Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

Too early for bed. Only 8:40 pm...

Talked to Dad. He sounds tired, but he sounds okay. He keeps telling me that he's im-PORT-ant. Help me. 

14 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Talked to Dad. He sounds tired, but he sounds okay. He keeps telling me that he's im-PORT-ant. Help me. 

heh, dad jokes.

having a sense of humor is good. :D 

He's always had dad jokes. It's been a thing forever. 

i learned all my dad jokes from my dad.... so i tell the dad jokes. XD 

51 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i tell the dad jokes. XD 

XD Of course!

I bred some of my Rift Wyrms tonight but didn't get a single Rift egg. :( They all either no-egged or gave me the mate's breed.

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I bred some of my Rift Wyrms tonight but didn't get a single Rift egg. :( They all either no-egged or gave me the mate's breed.

well that's not good.

in other news, i did get two CB Rift eggs from the cave! :D 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i learned all my dad jokes from my dad.... so i tell the dad jokes. XD 

I love telling dad jokes! I tell Bestie dad jokes sometimes when they're sad. It's annoying to them, but it does make them smile. 

12 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

but it does make them smile. 

then that's a dad joke well done. :) 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

then that's a dad joke well done. :) 

I'd have to agree. I'd totally have to agree. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Breezy and cloudy with some sun. I do hope the rain stays away.

afternoon all!

i had some routine drs appointments today, including my annual mammogram. yay. not.

while i was in that waiting room, i got an email that there was an update to my medical chart, and the doctor (well, nurse practitioner) I'd seen only 20 minutes before had already updated my record, and everything is as it should be.  which still proves to me that I'm physically normal.  AND some of my memory issues and saying the wrong words at times (when getting ready to store food in that tall metal cold box in the kitchen, I'll just naturally say "I'm putting this in the microwave.  no, refrigerator.  why did i say microwave?") that's a NORMAL thing, thanks perimenopause! XD 

goodie.

and the NP and i have a plan for next year.  it's good to have a plan :) 

after that, lunch, then i dropped off two books at the library and picked up three! :o  i should have the one I'm reading now, and at least one of the others ready to be returned by next Saturday (not tomorrow, the Saturday after that.)

and then when i was comparing my weekend work schedule with my google calendar, i noticed that my manager had put me in on a Saturday from 01:00 to 17:00 (24 hour time).... that's 1 a.m.  to 5 p.m.! she said she was 'having a day' and fixed it back to 13:00 to 17:00 (1 p.m. to 5 p.m) .... much better.

we're going out for dinner tonight and a movie. :D Dune 2.  hee. :D 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

we're going out for dinner tonight and a movie. :D Dune 2.  hee. :D 

Enjoy! You'll need a break after that busy day.

1,000+ in the shop and I was wiped when I returned home ... to the *add sarcasm* delightful sounds of sawing and drilling and whatnot, not only from next door bit also from a unit in the other direction, too. Until after 6 p.m. (when I got a Board member involved). I feel like I've become such a grumpy old lady but after a long hard day's work, coming home to all that noise is really stressful.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Enjoy! You'll need a break after that busy day.

heh, thanks. 

sounds like you need a break too!

1 hour ago, trystan said:

sounds like you need a break too!

Indeed. Not sure when I'll get one. We're having a good-bye dinner for the volunteer who used to cover my vacation time. She's moving back to England in two weeks' time. I will miss her. (I need more volunteers like her.)

all the good ones leave, yeah?

i really liked the movie.  there were changes from the book, of course, but they made sense.

rumor is, there's a Dune 3 in the works that'll be based on Dune Messiah, but could have very different character arcs for some of them.... and you know I'm going to want to see that too! :) 

*stretches* Hi all~ Today's been alright? Rained a lot this morning/afternoon. Bestie and I had a few things to pick up at Publix (mostly peanut butter since I've been craving a peanut butter and jelly all week). Holland guinea pig isn't eating quite right, and tomorrow Bestie and I are heading to visit my dad! He's doing okay, still unable to keep down a lot of food but... hopefully his body will figure out that food is good. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear your Dad is having a rough time.

I used to boil chicken bones or beef bones to make broth/soups for my Dad when things got difficult. 

The smell helped him feel hungry and keep things down.

Very nutritious too. I'd boil them and keep adding filtered water until they started getting soft.

I would add a generous slurp of apple cider vinegar and teaspoon of celtic sea salt in the water for a nutrient burst and sit the bones in it for half an hour before turning the stove on.

I would measure out cups of thick broth and freeze them until needed.  Add them to casseroles, etc.

Puss would get a small bowl of broth too, no added salt. 

He would get very annoyed if we forgot him.

I used a bread machine to bake bread for the smell it put in the air. Dad would usually start to feel peckish which was great.

On days when nothing seemed to work I would boil orange skins, cloves and cinnamon sticks to try and stimulate his appetite.

Served him probiotic yoghurt with cinnamon and drizzled honey. Bit of sliced banana if he could manage it.

Our problem was side effects of his medications caused nausea and gastric unhappiness.

The other problem was he had a vital medication that would cause extreme discomfort if he took it with an empty stomach.

My hair is still standing on end from that era.

Don't know how we got through it but we did.

Dad loved his food.

Edited by sithdragon
words

7 hours ago, trystan said:

all the good ones leave, yeah?

Yeah. All the ones who are willing to do the cashing out...

4 hours ago, sithdragon said:

Dad loved his food

That description of what you did for him made me hungry... and I've just eaten. ;)

2 minutes ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

The anime awards are continuing to be a joke.

One of the recent anime releases was banned in this country for demonic content, lack of story line, and not being in English. The anime lovers here are very angry. (Guess the film board can't read? They're called subtitles. /sarcasm)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

It's raining. A slow drizzle which is going to mess up our ability to put things outside today. Sigh.

*turns on music*  Where have all the posters gone... ? Long time passing...

BUSY shop day. $1,588!  Had one young man trying to tell me the prices on the books and he kept on repeating he's never spent that much on books at the shop before (it was $17 total after discount for three textbook-style books and a massive Shorter Oxford). The lady I was trying to serve while he was trying to talk me down commented after he left that she didn't know how I did it, and I replied it's a good thing I don't drink. XD :P

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

XD Posting elsewhere. Breeding dragons. Sorting dragons. And much, much more!

Gotta love the people who will try to get an even better bargain than you are already giving them. Congrats on keeping your cool.

Rainy here all day, but the sun has decided to come out finally at this late stage. I'll take it!

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yeah. All the ones who are willing to do the cashing out...

of course

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Where have all the posters gone... ? Long time ago.... i know that song XD 

i worked from 1 to 5, then fed the cats and made dinner.  i hatched some eggs.  got a new quest for my vampire (see the 'nom?' link in my sig.)

and now I'm here. :) 

Visited Dad today. He was in high spirits, even though he took a small nap. It was cute. We (Bestie, me, mom and brother) just chatted while he slept. It was nice to see him. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Kind of grey today. I have no plans to go anywhere and am pondering going back to bed.

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It was nice to see him. 

I'm sure he enjoys seeing you, too.

16 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Congrats on keeping your cool.

Thanks. Some days it's a challenge.

11 hours ago, trystan said:

know that song XD

I should hope you do! XD

ahh, hello everyone! i really ought to be doing homework but all i wanna do is play minecraft and sort my dragons. i swore to myself i would organize all my dragons before i started collecting and breeding them again but man...... haahaha, that's hard! i hope everyones day is nice ❤️