Hasekerstin

ANSWERED:Password

Hello, unfortunately I changed my password and forgot the new one. I can't reset the password because I don't receive the reset email, even in junk order.
A help answer in German would be great as I don't speak English very well. Thank you

Hi - I am sorry you have no access to your email, but without it there is no way to retrieve the password. Can your email service help ?

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Non-English language removed, please DM a user when they have a non-English request.

I can access my email, but I'm not getting the reset email.
When I get a PM in the forum, I get a notification email.

That's using the same email ? You could try whitelisting this place on your email site ?

Non-English text removed.

Is this place whitelisted ?

Spoiler

Wird dieser Ort auf Ihrer E-Mail-Site auf die Whitelist gesetzt?

You could try setting up a new email account with someone else, and then an autoforward from the one that should be getting the reset emails... Is it possible that the email for your scroll was mistyped ? @TJ09 - can you tell - do they match ?

First of all, thank you for your help :) I checked everything, the e-mail address is correct.
Why am I getting emails from the forum but not from Help Support?

I was able to change my password for the forum and received an e-mail within two minutes. I still don't receive any mail for my account, even though both email addresses match.

Edited by Hasekerstin

That is what really puzzles me - and why I wondered if perhaps the scroll one was mistyped  - say - Hasekerstin@zoho.com on the forum account as Hasekersti@zoho.com on your scroll account, if you see what I mean ?

(Mods please note: I made those emails up, I tested them and both bounced !)

I checked and checked everything repeatedly. The e-mail is stored correctly.

Maybe a moderator can send me the link to reset the password for the account via PN via the forum?

They can't do that. I suggest you wait for the administrator. He can check and tell you why your emails don't appear.

That was why I tagged @TJ09 . But how can you check your scroll email is correct if you can't access your settings ? When you can't log in, you can't see your account settings.... If you CAN see your settings, you are already in there.

At which point you can go for CHANGE password and get this:

image.png.53fd993cf60557528b28f1424554ca89.png

If you have never clicked the "reset password" link, that might be an option  if you think very very hard (I suppose the new one isn't saved in your browser ? Mine is, in mine...)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm actually almost always logged in. This allows me to do everything in the account. But I can't do everything I need a password for.

Have you checked to see if your browser has your password saved ?

Wow - what browser do you use ? (I'm just curious - ALL mine do.)

Keep in mind all posts on the forum must be in English - moderators need to be able to read to moderate.

You need either access to the email, or your password to access your account. The admin will not override any of these things, you need one or the other.

They have access to their email address, which is why I suggested them wait to see if TJ could check on his end to see if the email bounced or the provider might have DC blocked, as he's done in the past.

It shouldn't be surprising or need any special confirmation from me to suspect that not receiving emails means the provider is rejecting them. I'm not aware of any other reason why they wouldn't be delivered.

But yes, that is exactly what is happening here: your email provider refuses to deliver emails from Dragon Cave.

But it is delivering ones from the forum, just not from the scroll.

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

Keep in mind all posts on the forum must be in English - moderators need to be able to read to moderate.

@KainiFor future reference, I thought I was OK with translating the exact same words I had posted and putting the German in a spoiler - is that not OK ?

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@KainiFor future reference, I thought I was OK with translating the exact same words I had posted and putting the German in a spoiler - is that not OK ?

No, all posts must be 100% in English. You could be posting anything, it may not be a direct translation, we don't know. In the future, if someone needs help in that fashion, DM them.

OK - I won't do that again then. Thank you for the clarification.

Hello TJ09 
I asked for help on password recovery in the forum and received the e-mail within a few seconds to the same e-mail address (as with my account). 
When I request a help email from my account, I don't get it.
What should I do now ? I can't use my account much longer without a valid password

On 6/4/2023 at 5:34 AM, Hasekerstin said:
I can access my email, but I'm not getting the reset email.
When I get a PM in the forum, I get a notification email.

First --

A question for Hasekerstin, to clarify: In your first post in this thread, do you mean you are unable to receive: (1) a password reset email for your forum account, or that you are unable to receive (2) a password reset email for your Dragon Cave scroll account? Your forum account is different from your scroll; you can even have a different name for your Dragon Cave scroll and your forum account. I see your scroll name and your forum name as the same--this is fine; but they are still technically two accounts, one is a forum account and the other is your scroll account. So just to be sure everyone knows which one you are having problems with, are you requesting a password reset for your forum account or a password reset for your scroll? 

Also, Hasekerstin, can you provide the URL of the page where you requested the password reset?

Second --

Can anyone here verify: are there different domains, or different subdomains, for a DC player receiving an email for these three requests: 

(1) a password reset for a forum account

(2) a password reset for a scroll account

(3) receiving email notifications for forum PMs

More detail:

(1) a password reset for a forum account--which DC or DC affiliate email address is used to send forum password resets? Is it possible, since I can only see a pop-up form, that this is routed through a third-party such as the Invision forum software, or does it originate from a dragcave.net email address? (And if so, which one?) (I was not able to ascertain which email is used by forum password resets, as these are entered into a popup form in the browser; you can see this password reset box yourself if you log out and then click on password reset--don't enter your information unless you want a password reset.)

(2) a password reset for a scroll account (the URL for the scroll password reset is https://dragcave.net/reset) -- which DC or DC affiliate email is used to send these? 

(3) receiving email notifications for forum PMs? I receive these, and according to my emails, they are sent from noreply@dragcave.net via proton.technoized.com, so at least for this one, there is a another domain involved, technoized.com, and possibly proton mail. Upon further inspection, the originating email is dcforum@proton.technoized.com and Hasekerstin is able to receive these.

Are any of these three routed through a third party or forum software?

Hasekerstin has stated they are able to receive the third option, email notifications for PMs.  It would not make sense for them to be able to receive an email from the dragcave.net domain at noreply@dragcave.net yet not receive an email from XYZ@dragcave.net. Unless somehow using technoized.com or proton mail is affecting email routing or receipt. 

Edited by missy_

Answering some as Haserkin has said they have language issues.

Haserkin has said clearly already that it is the scroll password reset that has "failed", so they cannot manage their dragons.. And that they clicked "reset password", and got the message that an email had been sent. TJ has weighed in and said specifically that that email is being refused by Haserkin's email provider.

When I changed both passwords after the security breach. I got emails from noreply@dragcave.net for both changes. Technoized is TJ's domain. https://forums.dragcave.net/profile/1-tj09/ so shouldn't be an issue, and the proton part is also attached to that. 

Just adding a bit of context here.