Hasekerstin

ANSWERED:Password

I figured Hasekerstin would use a translator. I did see they speak German.

I looked and I don't see anywhere where they specifically say it is the scroll. They say the account. Maybe they do mean their scroll when they say "account," but just to be sure I thought I would ask them directly. 

I am aware that technoized is TJ's domain. Still, there may be slight differences in the way the emails are handled. Hasekerstin has stated they are able to receive emails from the domain noreply@dragcave.net -- specifically, the forum notifications which are routed through proton.technoized.com. if they are able to receive emails from that specific configuration, the question is whether the password reset emails from noreply@dragcave.net are also funneled through proton.technoized.com or if they are delivered straight from noreply@dragcave.net. It sounds to me like a technical issue and it may or may not have anything to do with their ISP. It may have to do with their  email software configuration. I am trying to understand if there is any difference, no matter how slight, between the forum notification emails and the other types of emails, because clearly they are able to receive one of the three types.

On 6/4/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hasekerstin said:
First of all, thank you for your help :) I checked everything, the e-mail address is correct.
Why am I getting emails from the forum but not from Help Support?

I was able to change my password for the forum and received an e-mail within two minutes. I still don't receive any mail for my account, even though both email addresses match.

They have referred throughout to their scroll as their "account" and their forum account as "the forum," and said that what they can't do is anything with their dragons.

If it is their scroll, I go back to my earlier questions about what is the difference between 1), 2), and 3) with regard to emails sent and domains used by a forum password reset, a scroll password reset, and forum notifications. If all of them originate from dragcave.net or even the same email, noreply@dragcave.net, then the next thing to look at is any third-party domains such as technoized or proton mail. Are emails from dragcave.net routed through the technoized domain (or other domains) for some of these and not the others? I asked those questions earlier but we don't have the answers to that yet.  

TJ said emails are being rejected. If there's a difference, he would probably have said. It may simply be the text. Emails I get that only contain a couple of words and  link always go to spam. If the phrase used is different... Maybe the OP's email provider is savager than yahoo (where mine come to.) Then again - my other yahoo account always completely rejects my credit card statements from one company - they don't even make it to spam - while their other emails about rate changes and stuff, sent from the same address, come in just fine. Algorithms are a PAIN IN THE BUTT.

I get emails from the forum. I am not receiving emails from my scroll, even though it is the same email address. 
What can I do now to change my password for my scroll?

@TJ09 seems to suggest there's nothing you can do unless you can remember the password you set, as the scroll reset emails aren't reaching you. They are never sent to a different address or someone could fraudulently ask for one and then take over a scroll. The only possible solution would be to contact your email provider and ask why it is rejecting them. SOME of them are good about helping. Others just don't care.

You could also send me the e-mail via the forum to my e-mail address, which is received 
At least it's the same email address as mine.

I am not an admin; I cannot do that stuff. But @TJ09 I think said that cannot be done. You aren't the first in this position, sadly.

You will need to use a fan site soon, though. That doesn't need a password.

There are more !

And here's an interesting post from TJ: maybe keep trying ?

On 1/7/2023 at 2:23 AM, TJ09 said:

Your mail provider refused to deliver the first few emails, but the latest one, sent just recently, was accepted. Check now.

Fuzz already said this, but I would also suggest that you contact your email provider and let them know that these emails (from dragcave.net addresses) are safe and don't need to be blocked. I'm afraid that Dragon Cave staff can't do anything to fix this, as it isn't an issue with the site itself, but your email. If you manage to contact your email provider, you can tell them that you are waiting for an email from this site that you would need to read soon, and ask if it will take them long to allow emails from Dragon Cave.

I remembered the new password. Now everything is fine and I can take care of my dragons again. 

Thank you for your help and efforts

I'm SO glad - now WRITE IT DOWN ! (and maybe get a new email to use for DC ?) :)