KageSora

Increase Egg/Hatchling Limits

Support for the idea, too.

More slots of all kinds would be highly welcome!

2 hours ago, _Charky said:

No objections from me either way, but if people are loking for some kind of caveat to add: having extra slots only work in the AP (and/or perhaps from breeding, like we used to have) might help with those pesky xeno walls.

I dislike this idea, personally, because the entire point behind raising the limits is to allow people to gather more dragons in their preferred method as we now have so many breeds.

Having a special extra egg slot that can only be filled with with am AP and/or self-bred egg would be a distinctly different suggestion than a blanket increase across the board.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, StarlightLion said:

Support! I think it might be worth talking about temporary slots for holidays too. Even hard-focusing two breeds only for Valentines and Christmas, I simply don't have the space to do even half the things I want to. There's too many dragons and too many pairings, and it also means I'm extremely unlikely to have space to breed my CBs that I'm not using for other people, whether as gifts or trades. And having a huge handful of different breeds to chase isn't any easier - there's just so many dragons and so little space.

I'd support a temporary slot or three for the holidays.  I'm on the fence with the rest.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:21 AM, _Charky said:

No objections from me either way, but if people are loking for some kind of caveat to add: having extra slots only work in the AP (and/or perhaps from breeding, like we used to have) might help with those pesky xeno walls.

No support for caveats based on origins of the egg or rarity, with the exceptions of extra holiday slots due to limited time. I am a cb common collector, I will just not use the extra slot if it's for anything else. My playstyle is just as important as AP hunters and breeders.

Edited by Skadi

Agree that I do not want to see conditions on any new slots if they are added!

5 hours ago, Skadi said:

No support for caveats based on origins of the egg or rarity, with the exceptions of extra holiday slots due to limited time. I am a cb common collector, I will just not use the extra slot if it's for anything else. My playstyle is just as important as AP hunters and breeders.

not that I particularly support caveats either, but I do want to point out that there are lots of cb commons in the AP. unless your playstyle is specifically collecting CB blue sapphires, an ap-locked slot would be still be useful for you. And I do say this as someone who also primarily collects cbs of common breeds these days.

Extra slots based on anything about the egg would probably just wind up confusing newer players, particularly if it was for rarity. An extra slot for bred eggs, in addition to increasing the limit in general, might work? Some folks wouldn't make much use of it, but there's no harm in that.

Temporary bonus slots during the holidays would definitely be good. I've been away for a few years, and I can only imagine how long it's going to take me to get all the holidays collected, let alone anyone who's just recently joined.

On 6/25/2023 at 3:54 AM, _Charky said:

not that I particularly support caveats either, but I do want to point out that there are lots of cb commons in the AP. unless your playstyle is specifically collecting CB blue sapphires, an ap-locked slot would be still be useful for you. And I do say this as someone who also primarily collects cbs of common breeds these days.

Still no support. There's no way to tell if AP eggs are cb, and all I would do is throw back the ones I don't want. I would not help with the xeno wall.

I would love to have more increased Limits! By now I an owning almost 25k adult dragons. I would love to have more slots to collect even more!

By all means, yes. I wouldn't mind about not having more egg slots (although it would help greatly with breeding projects), but I'd welcome wholeheartedly increase of freezing slots! The current 18 just doesn't feel enough with growing amount of dragons in the cave, and little cuties I want to keep as frozen hatchlings just grows with that number.

Full support from me as well 100%, for both egg slots and freezing slots... I'd love to freeze specific breeds as their hatchling sprites are just so silly but the limit (that resets... slowly) is a bit of a downer (or I'm just impatient LOL)

I also support increase limits both in general and also for the Holidays. Would help a ton with the increased hustle that takes place during Holidays, and after missing 4+ years I can only imagine how worse it's gotten to collect so many breeds during that short timespan

On 5/31/2023 at 5:54 AM, KageSora said:

but even something as simple as a 2-egg increase for each trophy level would be amazingly helpful in letting players grab more eggs.

Support.

I think, with 15 months in the game, that I count as a newer player (certainly compared to most of the posters here).  I was fortunate to have had good help to reach Platinum within about 10 months and I remember the huge relief that I felt when I gained those extra slots.

However, now that I have the full allowance, it isn't all that often that I struggle with scroll lock - but that's probably just down to my play style.  I'm not yet breeding so much as others.

My major concern with giving players more egg space is that it will increase the difficulty for those of us with slower internet/reactions to obtain eggs in the biomes.  

As an example, being based in the UK, new releases happen in the wee small hours and the biomes are always packed by the time I can get in on the action. The one saving grace is that I know that all the faster/more experienced players will eventually be egg-locked and us lesser mortals should then be able to get some eggs before the flood ends.  With the Vespine release that resulted in huge numbers of eggs being abandoned in search of the white version, even normal egg-lock saturation was touch and go.

So I'm nervous about this proposal.

With so many different dragon breeds now available (and especially if the current trend of big releases continues), I think an increase in allowances should only happen if, at the same time, we have at least one more biome in order to spread out players and hopefully lessen competition.

Edited by LadyMadonna

4 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

With so many different dragon breeds now available (and especially if the current trend of big releases continues), I think an increase in allowances should only happen if, at the same time, we have at least one more biome in order to spread out players and hopefully lessen competition.

I would suggest looking at the thread for "We need new drop mechanics"!  There's various suggestions there for things like new biomes or sub-pages for the biomes.  However, I don't think that would help the situation where dragons vanish post-flood.  The ratios are ultimately the issue that causes that.  (The linked thread does also contain suggestions for changing the ratios to be less punishing for certain breeds!)

Personally, I'd rather just see floods last a full 24 hours but that, too, is a suggestion for a different thread.  (And one I would like to see regardless of if slots are ever increased)

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

I would suggest looking at the thread for "We need new drop mechanics"!  There's various suggestions there for things like new biomes or sub-pages for the biomes.  However, I don't think that would help the situation where dragons vanish post-flood.  The ratios are ultimately the issue that causes that.  (The linked thread does also contain suggestions for changing the ratios to be less punishing for certain breeds!)

Personally, I'd rather just see floods last a full 24 hours but that, too, is a suggestion for a different thread.  (And one I would like to see regardless of if slots are ever increased)

Thanks, I'll re-check the thread you mention - fairly sure that I've already read it and I'm certainly well aware of the discussions about the pros and cons of extra biomes, for example the issue of obtaining agreement from spriters for their eggs to shift to different biomes.  My view is that the two issues (biomes and scroll limits) should be linked.  Increasing scroll limits in isolation would exacerbate the overcrowding problem.  Although, conversely, adding biomes probably wouldn't materially cause issues with scroll limits.

My comment about the availability, citing the Vespines as an example, wasn't intended to be about their rarity post-flood.  It was that during the flood, players were dumping eggs to obtain more in the hope of finding whites.  Therefore the biomes remained busy throughout the 16 hours.  In other releases, once scroll-locked, those players no longer hunted in the biomes as they had their full quota.   Hence, my reservations about your proposal.

And, yes, a full 24 hour flood would be better, but, as you say, that is for a different thread discussion.

Edited by LadyMadonna

Might sound a little crazy here, but I think a 50% increase to egg/hatchie slots (12/36) is justifiable now, especially for multi egg/varient releases. 

10 hours ago, Laugh said:

Might sound a little crazy here, but I think a 50% increase to egg/hatchie slots (12/36) is justifiable now, especially for multi egg/varient releases. 

Support.

Also support a small two egg increase.

Either way, we need something since we are consistently having releases with multiple breeds and/or variants.

Full support for more non-conditional egg-slots at all levels! Just hit platinum trophy in time for the new release and it feels so much better and I can look forward to more dragon breeding and feel better about collecting more commons.