Nevermornian

ANSWERED:Help with changing account info

So, I got a bit of a situation going on here.

I came back to the site after a 3 year break. Adopted some eggs, tried to abandon one. When prompted to type my PW, to my surprise I couldn't get it right. I was already logged in when I opened the site again, even after 3 years. To be quite honest, I don't even remember when was the last time I needed to log in. The abandon page gives me a link to a PW reset, where I'm prompted to inform my account's email address for further instructions, however, the address I used to create the account no longer exists (I tried accessing it, outlook informed me it couldn' be found). So now I'm stuck in a limbo, because I can't change my e-mail address without my current PW and neither my current PW without my current address :')

Can I get a PW change link in an address I currently use?

Sorry that happened. I'm a returned player as well and thankfully my browser remembers my account info and pw. Would you be able to look up your PW from your browser's privacy settings or wherever it stores all that information? 

And if all attempt fail, I suppose you could reach out to mods for help?

Edited by CuteDragons

Password reset will always go to the verified email associated with your account. Doing anything else would allow arbitrary people to take over accounts.

If you no longer have access to the associated email address, you can go to the Account page to change it.

21 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Password reset will always go to the verified email associated with your account. Doing anything else would allow arbitrary people to take over accounts.

If you no longer have access to the associated email address, you can go to the Account page to change it.

I think they're caught in the unfortunate loop of "to change the email they need the password, but to get the password they need to update the email".

I assume the only solution is to just log out and start a fresh account.  If they've lost access to their original (which they would as soon as they log out), it wouldn't count as multiscrolling, right?

10 hours ago, KageSora said:

I think they're caught in the unfortunate loop of "to change the email they need the password, but to get the password they need to update the email".

I assume the only solution is to just log out and start a fresh account.  If they've lost access to their original (which they would as soon as they log out), it wouldn't count as multiscrolling, right?

Yeah, that's the exact problem here 😔

I'm considering starting fresh, if that's okay. It's a bit heartbreaking, but I get way too limited is this situation. I can't even use BSAs 😕

I think you are OK starting over - if anyone eve asks, point to this thread. BUT - if you ever manage to remember your old password, just never log in to that scroll again !

1 hour ago, Nevermornian said:

Yeah, that's the exact problem here 😔

I'm considering starting fresh, if that's okay. It's a bit heartbreaking, but I get way too limited is this situation. I can't even use BSAs 😕

It's a shame, I've lost accounts to thst loop before as well.  Plus, of your browser ever logs you out then you lose access anyway...

If you do start over then ever regain access, you could always try to reach out to a mod about the situation and ask if one of the accounts could be deleted, too, I think.

23 minutes ago, KageSora said:

It's a shame, I've lost accounts to thst loop before as well.  Plus, of your browser ever logs you out then you lose access anyway...

If you do start over then ever regain access, you could always try to reach out to a mod about the situation and ask if one of the accounts could be deleted, too, I think.

That's a shame, indeed. I'll keep trying to guess my pw for a while longer. If I really can't get it right, I'll probably start over. Thank you all for reaching out! 

If your password is saved in your browser you should be able to view it by going into the browser settings and find where passwords are saved and clicking reveal password. 

Good thought - if the provider can't find it, that means the name is up for grabs - and if they then say it's taken you can insist they find it !

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Have you attempted to remake the invalid email?

I didn't think about this :0

Sadly, my pw is not saved on my browser, but I'll try to do this. Hope I succed :D

37 minutes ago, Nevermornian said:

I didn't think about this :0

Sadly, my pw is not saved on my browser, but I'll try to do this. Hope I succed :D

AAAAND IT WORKED HSDJKSHDASKDA

Now that I can finally change stuff again, I already changed my scroll email to the one I use nowadays in order to prevent this situation from happening again (and saved the new pass as well) 😂

Also, updated the scroll name to my recent go-to username, so I'm Nevermornian on Dragon Cave as well! 😄

@Shadowdrake Thank you so much for the suggestion! I have this scroll since 2009 and I was really sad with the possibility of losing it.

Glad you found a way to fix the problem!  :D