Arcy

Let's Make Some Scents! Fragrance Day Massbreed

fragrance.png.b77bcc208c17adccb58607ed76d4c12e.png

March 21 is Fragrance Day, the perfect time to celebrate our amazingly aromatic dragons!

Let's create an "interesting" olfactory experience for AP hunters by breeding as many smelly eggs as possible!

The following breeds' eggs are described as having a smell and are perfect candidates for breeding:

Black Tea                         This egg has a faintly exotic scent.

Black Truffle                    This egg has a pleasant, musky smell.

Blacktip                           This egg is off-white in color and smells a bit like salt.

Blusang Lindwyrm          This egg smells faintly like brine.

Brimstone                        This egg smells rather rancid.

Incense                            This egg smells faintly of smoke and herbs.

Floret Wyvern                  This shiny egg smells faintly like flowers.

Magnesium Amphiptere  This shiny grey egg smells of burnt metal.

Mariner Pygmy                This tiny egg smells like the sea.

Melismor                         This heavy egg has an earthy scent, like freshly-tilled soil.

Mirisia Amphiptere          This egg emanates a peculiar smell.

Olive                                This egg smells musty, like rotting leaves.

Turpentine                       This egg smells strongly of turpentine.

The following are unable to produce eggs of their own breed during this time, but might make good mates:

Pumpkin              This egg smells like the autumn harvest.

Pryanost              This warm brown egg smells faintly of spices.

Rosebud              This sweet-smelling egg is covered by a ribbon.

Heartseeker        This scarlet egg has a faintly sweet aroma.

Floral-Crowned   This egg has a sweet, floral scent.

Vermeil               This egg smells pleasantly floral, maybe fruity.

Special mention goes to vampires, which must be bitten by another vampire, and cheeses, which can't be bred at all.

I guess you could hunt and abandon some cheeses if you really wanted to.

- Ping List -

By default you'll be pinged once on March 14, a week before the event, and again on March 21 when breeding begins.

Feel free to customize your ping or opt out at any time.

@Mochi @missy_ @gayrurumon @BringsTheSnow @zippuzzle @purplehaze @Gwathgor @GhostMouse @NightEagle @Edenello

Edited by Arcy

Oooh, good idea. I didn’t realize there were so many scented eggs.

I really like this idea. I've toyed with the idea of making a "smelly egg" lineage or something in the past, because it amuses me how many eggs are described by scent. I might participate a little in this

Oh I like this :D I've got a few Melismor and Florets I've been using for a project idea, I might be able to send a nice handful of eggies to the AP ^^

image done! was gonna have more in it but I was already running late and it's cute enough as is

if anyone's interested in making some kind of signature badge for this, or reminder pings, lemme know :3

I'm in! I have quite a few of the "smelly" breeds, so hopefully can contribute to the cause.

Love the image @Arcy! The Brimstone holding his teacup with his pinky finger out so delicately is awesome! XD

Edited by purplehaze

Fragrance Day is upon us, let loose the smelly eggs :D

I've already bred and released 10 aromatic eggs, and I'll probably do another batch later in the day. Let's make sure the AP a few days from now is an olfactory experience!

Happy Fragrance Day~  I had less cooperation from my CBs and even-gen pairs than I might've hoped, but I still managed to mix some fragrances for the AP! Half were floral florets, and the other half cute hybrids paired with sweet Valentine aromas, for a total of 8 scented (and lightly scented) eggs off to be adopted ^^

Edit - Was grumpy at my dragons not cooperating so I snapped up a few scented CBs and abandoned them, that still counts right? xD; 

Edited by zippuzzle

What a cute theme and awesome art=3 Can we have mixed lineages (one having a smell + a regular dragon), or it is against the rules?

Hello. Wonderful idea, Arcy!

My PB Teas and I are so pumped up and ready for this! XD I am begining my fragrant breeding now.

Edit: 55 Teas sent off! 28 other aromatics also abandoned. Still working on rounding up the stragglers.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

I took it, thank you!

Starting to breed my aromatic dragons right now, I'm not even sure how many of them I have, but hopefully will get some nice babies ^^

6 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

What a cute theme and awesome art=3 Can we have mixed lineages (one having a smell + a regular dragon), or it is against the rules?

sure :) I'll be breeding all my truffle checkers, which will inevitably result in a bunch of not-truffles anyway

Ended up breeding about 75 scented eggs as well as a smattering of mates' breeds. My Blusangs and Black Truffles were really stubborn and mostly gave me no egg at all!

I have not bred the 2heads or the pygmies, yet, but may do that later tonight if I get time. I don't think I will breed the holiday ones.

I didn't keep count but I sent several scented eggs to the AP. I didn't realize how stubborn my Black Truffles would be, I think I only managed one Truffle egg!

A little late in the day but:

7 black tea

1 blacktip

1 blusang

5 floret

10 magnesium

1 melismor

2 mirisia 

1 turpentine

Total: 28 (and a lot of kins and fails)

I abandoned a bunch more eggs just a while ago, and I think that's all the stinky eggs I can manage for today. Sent about 18 eggs in total to the AP. This was fun, I like having an excuse to breed some dragons I don't usually use :) 

My dragons were surprisingly cooperative too, considering I had never bred most of them before. I ran out of purples halfway through breeding the first batch,  but I only got one refusal and a couple of no interest/no egg produced. Perhaps they were in the spirit of Fragrance Day :P

Edited by gayrurumon

truffles have definitely gotten much more stubborn over the years. I'm sure that's no one's fault in particular 👉👈

I finally finished breeding my hoard and ended with 371 of the things, so that should more than make up for your no-eggs xD

thanks everyone! I'm really excited to see what the AP looks like 💜

Oh my gosh, I just saw this! I love this idea. I only have 45 minutes until this day is over, so I don't think I can get much done today. I hope this will be extended until tomorrow! :) 

Maybe we can make this an annual event, with reminders going out similar to other mass breedings. :raptor:

Edited by missy_

@missy_

that's what i'm hoping for ^  ^

I don't mind if you want to extend breeding into the 22nd - I didn't really give forumgoers a lot of time to see it (maybe we should make it 2 or 3 days officially?)

when's the best time for reminder pings?

I ran a little bit into March 22. I bred:

2 Black Teas (kept one: they look great with Rosebuds!)

4 Blacktips

2 Brimstone

7 Florets, including two brown ones

2 Magnesium

1 Olive

and some fails. 

Most are 2G.

2 hours ago, Arcy said:

@missy_

that's what i'm hoping for ^  ^

I don't mind if you want to extend breeding into the 22nd - I didn't really give forumgoers a lot of time to see it (maybe we should make it 2 or 3 days officially?)

when's the best time for reminder pings?

I'm not certain, but I believe threads like Ides of March have about a month to three weeks notice, which makes sense in order to give new players time to find the thread and people time to sign up for pings. Older threads like Jazeki's mass breeds have less notice, but I think it's because it's more well-known.