Fuzzbucket

"Remove from breeding pool" (replacing BSA: Render unbreedable)

i support a bsa/action to remove dragons from the breeding pool! I think this would be a quality of life improvement, especially for the mobile website. 

being able to sterilize/geld/spay or whatever you want to call it is a pretty standard mechanic in most husbandry/genetics games as well (though i think a reversible action is a better idea in this case)

Edited by blinkdog

If we can't get any page-shrinking changes like a search bar or pagination or removing wrong mates, just being able to remove unnecessary dragons would be nice. It takes forever to load my breeding pages these days.

I agree, I always have messies or whatnot I never want to breed, but keep for sentimental reasons!

I still wish for a ‘forget mate’ as I keep misclicking CB Aeons instead of intended mates, and they never go away! But this helps with loading. Would prefer a reversible option tho encase I ever change my mind.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:42 AM, Thorn4 said:

You can also use CTRL+F to find the dragon you plan on breeding to another one if you are keeping track of which dragon breeds with who. That's how I get around scrolling down a list of breed-ready dragons. Not as useful for mobile users, but on PC it's not a problem.

You can, if you know (or can remember) which dragon you're looking for! I have a lot of dragons over a lot of breeds and a bad memory. That's a lot of names and a lot of breeds. I can't imagine how annoying it is for the people with a couple of dozen pages on their scroll trying to browse for a new mate.

I support this (or anything similar that doesn’t revert the dragon I don’t want to breed to be a hatchling) because I write descriptions for my dragons and there are a few I’d like to take out out the breeding pool because they already have the kids I intended for them. Take my “scroll leaders as an example: they already have two kids and the whole family is a personal reference; I do not want them to have another. Or a few reference dragons I’d much prefer to never have kids at all. The last thing I need is a lag-induced misclick on them. It may be fairly niche since most people view accidental misbreeds a mere inconvenience, but us lore lovers would love to at least have the option available, you know?

I haven’t read the whole thread….

but I was thinking when I was incubating and then breeding that ‘why doesn’t breeding have a screen or specify function like fertility does?’

sure, I guess you could still make mistakes and breed a dragon you wanted to be monogamous, or specifically bred with certain dragons only, but it would certainly ,make things easier if you just wanted PB dragons or were working on a lineage. You can copy and paste the dragon you want to use the fertility BSA but not to brreed….. and I think a specify or select or name or breed(species): would make it easier for regular breeding 🤷‍♀️ 

a remove from breeding pool option would be useful for sure, but I think for me personally, a way to specify what you wanted to breed with as opposed to going through all the potential mates would be extremely helpful 😅 

Edited by CandraCat

Not sure quite what you mean - but if I know what dragon I want to breed with, I just run with ctrl+f and go for its name...