animetriplicate

BSA Suggestion: Dead Egg Removal

I don’t have a specific dragon in mind for this (or a name really), but I think we could use a Dead Egg Removal BSA. 

Basically, a dragon that can remove dead egg shells from your scroll early. Egg has to have been dead for at least 24 hours (so you’re stuck with it the entire time it takes up a slot, extended to non-slot filling deaths to make things easy). Cooldown can be the two weeks you’d usually have to wait for it to vanish naturally. Say the dragon is “caring for and honoring the tiny life lost” until the shell would naturally disintegrate, or something to that effect. 

(or, if you’re more of the mind of the discord chat, give it to a drake and have it be “they eat the shell cronch cronch cronch burp”)

As dead eggs are purely an aesthetic shame ball on your scroll after the first 24 hours where an intentionally killed egg takes up one of your slots, having a BSA that removes them sooner would have no impact on actual gameplay, and setting the use cooldown to the same time it would naturally take the shell to vanish still imposes a two week “punishment” on the player (albeit a less visible one)

Edited by animetriplicate

No support. You killed the egg, or forgot about it so long it died (I actually do this too often.) You now have to deal with the consequences. It's two weeks, not forever. If you don't want to look at them, put them on the bottom of your scroll. Why even keep the mechanic if there's an option to get rid of it?

Well, considering the Mechanism with the Aegis- where you can enrage them if there's dead eggs/dragons on your scroll- it may cause some complications with that. Who's to say people won't constantly use multiple dragons with said BSA and continuously and keep swapping the Aegis Enraged/Pacifified forms? Just a thought...

No support, there really is no point. If it bugs you that much to see dead eggshells you can always temporarily manual-sort to sort them at the end of your scroll so you don't have to look at them. Or, just don't do the actions that lead to dead eggs. 

I do agree the dead eggs are basically aesthetic and it wouldn't affect gameplay to remove them sooner.... It also doesn't affect gameplay to leave them. There is no real benefit to a suggestion like this other than 'I don't want to look at this anymore', which can easily be fixed with the current sorting options we already have. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

49 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

No support, there really is no point. If it bugs you that much to see dead eggshells you can always temporarily manual-sort to sort them at the end of your scroll so you don't have to look at them. Or, just don't do the actions that lead to dead eggs. 

I do agree the dead eggs are basically aesthetic and it wouldn't affect gameplay to remove them sooner.... It also doesn't affect gameplay to leave them. There is no real benefit to a suggestion like this other than 'I don't want to look at this anymore', which can easily be fixed with the current sorting options we already have. 

This, bolded, is what I mostly do. I can't see any reason for this suggestion except trying not to face consequences - which I think we should have to face.

I actualy suport it, mostly for lore raison. When you bite an egg to turn it vampire there is a chance that your dragons react by casting it away because the baby insde was turned undead. So, in the same way if an egg died from sickness or because irl stuff fell on you and prevented you from joining for a bit too long, there should be a dragon that could take care of it (with a chance of refusal from that dragon). Tho if it was volontary killed eather via earthquake or manualy, that's 100% on you so it shoudnt work.

I don't see dead eggs after 24 hours as a real consequence so I don't really mind either way if it's a bsa. But I also wouldn't use it because dead eggs don't bother me and I don't kill many.

Fully support this.  The game has created dragons that can only be obtained through potentially destructive forces.  Two weeks is too long to be unable to make use of the very limited egg slots that we have available when RNG is not on your side.

1 minute ago, LadyMadonna said:

Two weeks is too long to be unable to make use of the very limited egg slots that we have available when RNG is not on your side.

The egg slots aren't locked up for 2 week--the shells/tombstones stay visible for 2 weeks, but you only have your egg slot taken up for 24 hours.  Unless something very, very recently changed.

13 minutes ago, KageSora said:

The egg slots aren't locked up for 2 week--the shells/tombstones stay visible for 2 weeks, but you only have your egg slot taken up for 24 hours.  Unless something very, very recently changed.

Ah, thank you.  That's a relief.  Smarting from a somewhat disastrous occurrence of RNG with a bunch of Shumogas earlier today.  No big problem then, the egg shells are sad, but not life threatening ;) 

Edited by LadyMadonna

2 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Ah, thank you.  That's a relief.  Smarting from a somewhat disastrous occurrence of RNG with a bunch of Shumogas earlier today.  No big problem then, the egg shells are sad, but not life threatening ;) 

Easy mistake to make since they hang around!  You can manually sort them to the very end of the scroll if you prefer--that's what I do with failed zombie attempts.