purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2022

I need to change lineage mix. I am switching out Red Dragons for Crimson Dragons!

So Magi x Crimson.

Here is my starter!

Edited by galleri

QUESTION: Do Market purchased dragons bought today count as viable starter dragons, or do they literally have to be from the cave itself?

EDIT: Starter Cb just caught: A Is For Ash

Edited by IzzyCat91

7 hours ago, missy_ said:

Holiday Baking Championship (this could change, but I haven't bred this one before, and I named it after a silly TV show :lol:  )

I love that show!

Having finally decided on my breeds, I haven't seen a single purple or magi in the cave since I decided. :rolleyes:

Edit: Say it and it shall appear!  :) Starter purple caught!

Edited by Lagie
Updating

36 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

QUESTION: Do Market purchased dragons bought today count as viable starter dragons, or do they literally have to be from the cave itself?

Even though Izzy doesn't need this answered anymore I wanted to let everyone know that market eggs are fine. As long as it has a "stolen on" date of May 1 or later it is a valid starter dragon.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Even though Izzy doesn't need this answered anymore I wanted to let everyone know that market eggs are fine. As long as it has a "stolen on" date of May 1 or later it is a valid starter dragon.

Awesome, thank you! ( I may need to buy one if this one doesn't gender correctly lol)

6 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

( I may need to buy one if this one doesn't gender correctly lol)

You need to get you some Pink dragons if you don't already have them!

This will be my first lineage challenge, I’m looking forward to everyone’s results. 

However, I was thinking of changing my starter dragon, may I edit my original post?

54 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And Purple - their BSA Fertility keeps dragons from refusing to ever go near each other ever again if they don't want to breed. 

I am happy to breed my Pink, Purple, and Red BSA's (as I am sure many others are) and gift them. @purplehaze is it okay if people post in this tread to request BSA's or should we coordinate that via PM or elsewhere?

Edited to add: Reds!

Edited by BringsTheSnow

6 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

And Purple - their BSA Fertility keeps dragons from refusing to ever go near each other ever again if they don't want to breed. 

Yep! That, too!

And don't forget Reds, so you can incubate your eggs and hatch them quicker to move on to the next generation. ;) Those BSAs really do come in handy!

1 minute ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I am happy to breed my Pink and Purple BSA's (as I am sure many others are) and gift them. @purplehaze is it okay if people post in this tread to request BSA's or should we coordinate that via PM or elsewhere?

While I appreciate the spirit of that, I do think it could get pretty spammy. Probably better to handle that some other way. 

Caught my starter ❤️   Starter Egg

Just bred my dragons too, got a successful hybrid.

With one spot open to hopefully catch a floret too ❤️

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I, too, am happy to breed and gift purples, pinks, reds... comment in your post that you need one, or send me a PM.

And yay, a magi! I suddenly realized I had only one unpaired CB magi and it's the wrong gender for this generation. :rolleyes: So both my starting dragons will be May 1st. ;)

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And yay, a magi! I suddenly realized I had only one unpaired CB magi and it's the wrong gender for this generation. :rolleyes: So both my starting dragons will be May 1st. ;)

Mine, too, but just because I could.

Glad I don't life-mate my dragons. Makes lineage building a lot easier.

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I have both pinks and purples but I am silly and used their BSA's and didn't account for the week cooldown, so everyone is on cooldown currently lol But thank you both (I DO need reds though)

i have LOTS of CBs for further down my spiral, including my non-May 1 starter.  i still need to find my May 1 starter in the cave (Elux Lucis)

.... and now that i said that, i'll find it, right? XD 

*ding ding ding* there she is! XD 

Edited by trystan

1 minute ago, trystan said:

i have LOTS of CBs for further down my spiral, including my non-May 1 starter.  i still need to find my May 1 starter in the cave (Elux Lucis)

.... and now that i said that, i'll find it, right? XD 

Can always purchase it from the Market

Just now, IzzyCat91 said:

well yes.  i was going to give myself a day or two.

but i just caught one 2 minutes ago XD !

5 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

WHOO!!! Good work!

thanks!

it seemed to be a thing - mention you don't have one yet, and then refresh the Cave.... *bam* there it is. XD 

53 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I have both pinks and purples but I am silly and used their BSA's and didn't account for the week cooldown, so everyone is on cooldown currently

So you need more Pinks and Purples! XD I have worked to collect enough that I should never run out.

Also, I am willing to breed BSA eggs for anyone who needs them. Just send me a polite PM. :)

i can breed Pinks, Purples, and Reds.

(i also snagged a Purple from the AP yesterday! XD)

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I'm about to do the same for gold florets, just wanted to give a trade offer in the market a chance.

One CB hatchling for 3 CB eggs, one being a gold floret. I have to try! ❤️ 

Wish me the best, and I hope I remember to buy one later if I don't get the trade :) 

Eta: I, too, would love to breed BSA (white, reds, pinks or purples) eggs for anyone who needs them!

Am currently egg-locked, but can do so for next week ❤️ Just let me know which one you need ^^

Edited by LadyAngeliki
adding a tid bit about breeding BSA

:blink: i only need 5 more CBs!

and i got my May 1 starter egg, which should grow up Friday evening, if my calculations are correct.  and then i could breed her for my first bred eggie saturday morning before work! oooh....

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/Aizaka 
Forum Name: Aizaka
Today's Date: May 2, 2022

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) :  https://dragcave.net/view/ZdvSs 

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/196995  (Is it okay to add my breeding wisterias to the group as I breed, or should I go ahead and add them all now..?)

Goal (Plan for your lineage): A spiral with Wisterias (not sure if single or double yet..). I've never tried a line this long, so I thought I'd keep it simple.  ^_^'

I might also start a different line with the Daydream I got at the same time..

5 hours ago, Aizaka said:

(Is it okay to add my breeding wisterias to the group as I breed, or should I go ahead and add them all now..?)

You can add them as you go. :)