purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2022

11 minutes ago, ravensunset said:

😭 was so excited to breed my starter that I didn't check my eggs and it autoabandoned 😭 will need to be smarter next week 😭

I hate when I do that!

I see you changed the names of the parents, as Fuzz suggested. I have also bookmarked the egg so I can compare its time to the eggs in the AP and will try to watch out for it if I am around when it surfaces. Wisteria eggs don't sit long in the AP, though, so that is probably a long shot. Hopefully whoever picks it up will return it to you.

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I hate when I do that!

I see you changed the names of the parents, as Fuzz suggested. I have also bookmarked the egg so I can compare its time to the eggs in the AP and will try to watch out for it if I am around when it surfaces. Wisteria eggs don't sit long in the AP, though, so that is probably a long shot. Hopefully whoever picks it up will return it to you.

thank you omg... really hopefully I can get it back, otherwise I'll just keep trying with this:)

congrats on everyone's successful breedings though! those were fun to see :)

I've been looking at the line pattern possibilities.... would it be too much to work on both the single And the double step stair separately (likely reusing the CB for each gen on the two lines) ?  I like the idea of a combined line later on looking like wisteria flower growth..

my May 1 dragon will grow up at about 7 tonight Cave/eastern time, and then i will breed her. :D 

20 minutes ago, Aizaka said:

I've been looking at the line pattern possibilities.... would it be too much to work on both the single And the double step stair separately (likely reusing the CB for each gen on the two lines) ?  I like the idea of a combined line later on looking like wisteria flower growth..

Not quite sure I am visualizing what you mean. But I think if they are separate you should just pick one to do now and then complete the other and join them later.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Not quite sure I am visualizing what you mean. But I think if they are separate you should just pick one to do now and then complete the other and join them later.

You're probably right in doing just one for now.  

I guess I was just wondering if it would be bad to reuse some of the CBs on the second line later, then join the two lines?

1 minute ago, Aizaka said:

I guess I was just wondering if it would be bad to reuse some of the CBs on the second line later, then join the two lines?

Some people object to inbreeding and wouldn't want to do that because the final line would be inbred, but as long as you don't care it is no problem. I have some very nice inbred lineages on my scroll and see nothing wrong with them. ;)

Managed to grab two more pipios- now I’m egg-locked until these avins hatch. The only thing I’m kicking myself for is not having an available female pink dragon for the next five days for my bred pygmy.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Some people object to inbreeding and wouldn't want to do that because the final line would be inbred, but as long as you don't care it is no problem. I have some very nice inbred lineages on my scroll and see nothing wrong with them. ;)

I did a shockingly inbred one last year. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BA0ub

And the year before:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hqcGR

I LIKE them !

How does one calculate when a dragon will become an adult? My May 1st starter has 4 days and 13 hrs and is STILL a hatchie.

UUUUGH that's so long to wait! 😭 Oh well, guess I can go clean in the meantime 😑😒

If anyone needs help influencing, incubating, + hatching, send me a PM! I usually have egg space and I always have spare Pinks & Reds to put to work. 

4 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

UUUUGH that's so long to wait! 😭

omigosh ikr.. my umm. my gen1 theyre like. i think 6 days away? (i dont have a red to incubate w and i got them on the 2nd!) im sooooo tired i want it to grow so bad

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): dRKlg

What Gen are you on now?: 2G

i got that last Nebula! woot! :D 

i keep finding Antareans, so maybe i'll get a few more CBs of each, IF i can find more Nebulas first, that is! ;) 

my pillow dragon gendered! ooh i love him, so cute. i was wanting to start naming my dragons, but i gotta figure out what to name em all.. everyone seems so creative, aaheh.

in the meantime, i'm excited to announce that i have a boy to start this project with, woo!

28 minutes ago, DraconicDetective said:

i was wanting to start naming my dragons, but i gotta figure out what to name em all.. everyone seems so creative, aaheh.

i use books, shows, movie series, and mythological characters/creatres to name my dragons.  sometimes i also use something about the names - like a lot of my Pink dragons have names that mean or are related to the color Pink. 

for name meanings, i use BehindTheName.com

my Seawyrms, which are dragons that dive into the water for their prey, are named for various types of diving birds like Kingfishers and Terns.

or maybe the code looks like a name. there's also Confused Cat's Dragon Name Generator that can help too :) 

Edited by trystan

The general naming theme I use for my entire scroll is holy food. It's a long story of why, but I'm also using this challenge to see just see what kind of creative food names I can come up with.

10 minutes ago, trystan said:

or maybe the code looks like a name. there's also Confused Cat's Dragon Name Generator that can help too :)

i think these names are so fun im gonna use thes for at least my z codes (which i should add to that list later, but not tonight). 

3 minutes ago, holycottoncandy said:

The general naming theme I use for my entire scroll is holy food.

i was gonna try to find a name theme between different groups but i dont think i could commit to my whole scroll! i usually try to have naming themes for my tamagotchis (5 letters or less) and thats hard enough for me just trying to follow the alphabet ^^;

3 minutes ago, DraconicDetective said:

i think these names are so fun im gonna use thes for at least my z codes (which i should add to that list later, but not tonight). 

very cool!

i have a number of Z'Dragons, but i also have Z's with regular names *sigh*

After all that waiting... my dragons refused. I'm devastated.