Moriaty

Add freeze time to the list of hatchlings you froze

Nothing huge. Just add the time down to second on this list here, under "Frozen on". This list can be accessed from https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze:

693293707_ScreenShot2022-03-01at11_12_58PM.thumb.png.b89fa2ddf374979c4d3d047f21713dcd.png

It would make it easier for people who need to know exactly when that freeze slot would come back, and since they come back exactly the second you freeze the hatchling, only having the date sometimes wouldn't be informative enough (a slot coming back at 1am vs 11pm could be a huge difference if I have a hatchling that's going to die at 10am and I want to freeze it before it dies).

I know I could find it in my action log, but that requires a lot more searching (especially after I've massbred my stuff, that's a lot of pages) and action log don't have a search filter soo just trying to find a way to make it more easily accessible.

Edited by Moriaty

Yes please!! I run into this constantly since I have multiple frozen armies and such, I often have to go through my action log to check the actual times on freezes. It would be extremely helpful to know the actual time each freeze was done without having to dig through the action log.

This gets complete support from me. I don't freeze a lot of things just yet, but I know I will get armies at some point and I really don't want this to become an issue when I get to that point.

+1 support for this. I'm not too worried about it but I can see how it would be useful for others.

Support! Why do I have to search through (sometimes tens) pages of action log to find the date? Just put it nicely in the same place

If this were to become a thing, I would also like for kill, bsa, and breed actions to more accurately display the time remaining on their cooldowns as well. It would not make sense to me for freeze to get this treatment but not the other actions. 

I agree it would be best if all cooldowns showed more accurate/precise countdowns, that would help so much in so many different aspects of the game. I do think freeze is different than the others, though, since it's the only cooldown-thing that actually displays specific dates (on the Help page) rather than just '2 more days' or whatever.

4 hours ago, schenanigans said:

If this were to become a thing, I would also like for kill, bsa, and breed actions to more accurately display the time remaining on their cooldowns as well. It would not make sense to me for freeze to get this treatment but not the other actions. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I agree it would be best if all cooldowns showed more accurate/precise countdowns, that would help so much in so many different aspects of the game. I do think freeze is different than the others, though, since it's the only cooldown-thing that actually displays specific dates (on the Help page) rather than just '2 more days' or whatever.

I would in fact like kill to have a list of "what you killed in the last two week" thing in the help section too (and if it's implemented I'd also like it to get the down-to-second time of these recorded incidences). If freeze could have its list I don't know why kill shouldn't - but I think that should be in a different suggestion topic. For BSA and breed actions though, I'm not sure where you'd put the accurate times, so I'm not including them here. 

I came up with this suggestion idea precisely because there's already a list for freeze so I'd just like for the list to contain more information. 

I don't feel that "they should be in their own suggestion thread" pertains here - if the time counter for actions is the same across the board currently, then it should be the same across the board for this change. I would actually be upset if only the freeze action got this treatment while the other actions didn't - as it stands we can see when all of these actions were performed already (via the action log), this just makes it significantly more convenient. It's not like freeze is treated any differently than the other actions. 

Edited by schenanigans

5 hours ago, schenanigans said:

It's not like freeze is treated any differently than the other actions. 

But it is. It's the only cooldown on the site that actually has a list, showing dates when it was used. That's why this suggestion would be so simple, there already *is* a list of freezes with dates given, so this would just be adding times to the list that is already there. When it comes to cooldowns like breeding and BSAs, there are no simple lists to look at to see the list of what's on cooldown and when it was done, which is why including those things in this suggestion doesn't make much sense, there would have to *be* a list for those actions in the first place and right now there isn't. 

A suggestion thread to implement cooldown-lists for all cooldown actions would be great, imo. But that's not what this is, this is just about tweaking the list we already have. 

Support. Knowing the exact cooldown time of any action would be so nice, and there's already a convenient location to show this one.

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

A suggestion thread to implement cooldown-lists for all cooldown actions would be great, imo. But that's not what this is, this is just about tweaking the list we already have. 

I'm specifically referring to the remaining cooldown time for actions in general, list or not. It doesn't matter where it shows the cooldown, action page or list - I'm just talking about the "time remaining" on actions, and as it stands every single action just shows a cooldown time by day, and freeze is no different than any other action in that regard. 

I do support this, I would just prefer uniformity in regards to action timers. 

I agree with schenanigans; at the very least having them all count down to the hour like growing things' displayed time wherever the time is shown would be very, very helpful, especially for the longest cooldowns. The action log is genuinely difficult to search if you've been really active (as often happens with holidays, for instance), so just having it immediately There would be nice.