_Terminus24

World War 3? Russia goes into Ukraine territory.

What do you people think about this conflict Putin is causing on Ukranian soil?

Give us your thoughts about this... I will not post any videos of this matter just in case 🙂

I miss for people’s panic about corona. We think it was awful. But not

Don’t know what I can say to all of… this. I sincerely wish no one never wake up under the explosions sounds

Hope our sky will be clean as soon as possible 🙏🏼

I'm utterly appalled about the lies Mr.Putin spewed in his recent press statements on TV where he tried to legitimate his vile attack on Ukraine. Calling President Volodymyr Zelenskyy (who is a Jew, by the way) a Nazi and leader of a "fascist regime" is absolutely ludicrous.

Sadly the Russian people who protest the atrocious war started by Mr.Putin are viciously suppressed as soon as they voice their dissent. I'm really saddened at the events and hope that somehow the worst might still be avoided, even though this will not help the numerous victims who already were killed due to the murderous battles.

@Essfia

I wish you all the best and that you and your loved ones can stay safe somehow!

Edited by Astreya

I'm not wild about the lies the media are pushing about both sides. Both sides are at fault - Ukraine refused to talk in the first place, and still refuses.

Take care, @Essfia

i have nothing good to say here, about any politician. putin will get a smack on the wrist and the russian people will be the ones suffering for his actions... and that's not even tackling the lasting damage to ukraine's infrastructure and economy, let alone the massive losses of life from both sides... it's all very scary how little the countries not involved seem to care. i'm sick of seeing thinkpieces by writers who have zero investment in the conflict aside from farming views.

the most insulting part is i have to see funny memes and aesthetic posts on the topic all over social media while we can't even contact my family because internet is basically out.

7 hours ago, Essfia said:

Don’t know what I can say to all of… this. I sincerely wish no one never wake up under the explosions sounds

All the best, honestly I mean nobody likes to be in a situation like this. And just because of... politics, I mean... 🤞

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not wild about the lies the media are pushing about both sides. Both sides are at fault - Ukraine refused to talk in the first place, and still refuses.

In what way is Ukraine at fault? I wouldn't talk to invaders, either. Russia has been illegally invading them since 2014.

9 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

One of my thought was - South Korea should be armed with own Nuclear if this doesn't goes well.

From someone that's also from SK, I strongly disagree with you. I have no desire to explain why in detail-this thread is about Ukraine after all, not South Korean politics, and I don't like how you-and potentially me-are diverting attention from the topic at hand. 

Anyways, about the topic at hand, there was a pro-Ukraine rally in our capital city today. I sadly could not go, but I was happy to see that Ukrainian immigrants and workers and students here were given priority. I hope their family back home are okay. 

Edited by ylangylang

@ylangylang Just depends how it ends. As Ukraine was one of countries that disarmed nuclear weapon, so I bet this would effect negatively on current nuclear issue. And yes. It's off topic, so I won't continue this discussion further.

A timeline of the Russia Ukraine conflict (sorry about the ads) https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/24/timeline-putin-attacks-ukraine-how-it-happened

A Polish co worker told me that there are over 1,000 Ukrainians coming over the border into Poland each hour. His mother and father live in Poland and they have fixed up their spare rooms to take Ukrainian refugees.  A friend of his has already taken in two families of four to shelter. 

We have heard a lot of unconfirmed reports that the Ukraine government is issuing small arms to civilians to be able to protect themselves. 

It is estimated that there are between 400 and 1500 Nigerian students stranded in Ukraine. We have unconfirmed reports that the airports are shut down and all civilian aircraft has been grounded.

Easy for me to say as I'm safely in Finland, but this is absolutely terrible and shocking. I hadn't been following the situation before Russia attacked so I'm not going to add anything else because I just don't have enough information. I'm sending love to all that are currently in Ukraine or have family members or friends there or call it their home country. I hope you will stay safe. I also hope my country will offer some real support, our thoughts are with you but I know good thoughts are not enough now.

On 2/26/2022 at 4:42 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Take care, @Essfia

Please re-verify your "info" sources because what you wrote here is Putin's propaganda=lies. 

Ukraine is the victim. Putin and his supporters is the only attacking side (+ the soldiers many of whom are forced to fight), Ukraine is only defending itself and, as a result, also the rest of Europe:/ Ukraine only tries to remain Ukranine and a regular European country... Ukraine has been open for "talking" from a start, it's Putin who refuses or tries to set a trap (trying to lure the Ukr diplomacy to Minsk? really? You know what role Lukasenko plays in this, right? yet here Ukr are, taking the risk and approaching the border with Belarus to do that talking as I speak... while it's probably pointless, since Putin obviously doesn't want peace... and breaks all possible international laws/treatys). 
Ugh.

Edited by Meh

On 2/26/2022 at 3:36 AM, Essfia said:

Stay strong 💖 Stay safe 🙏

( I try to translate to Ukrainian)

тримайся
trymaysya

5 hours ago, Meh said:

Please re-verify your "info" sources because what you wrote here is Putin's propaganda=lies. 

Ukraine is the victim. Putin and his supporters is the only attacking side (+ the soldiers many of whom are forced to fight), Ukraine is only defending itself and, as a result, also the rest of Europe:/ Ukraine only tries to remain Ukranine and a regular European country... Ukraine has been open for "talking" from a start, it's Putin who refuses or tries to set a trap (trying to lure the Ukr diplomacy to Minsk? really? You know what role Lukasenko plays in this, right? yet here Ukr are, taking the risk and approaching the border with Belarus to do that talking as I speak... while it's probably pointless, since Putin obviously doesn't want peace... and breaks all possible international laws/treatys). 
Ugh.

^ This. I realize the word 'propaganda' has been thrown around a lot in recent times to just mean 'something I disagree with' but in this case - placing any blame on Ukraine for them being invaded is in fact, Russian propaganda. Verifiably false.

Ukraine is defending itself. Russia is the invader.

11 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Stay strong 💖 Stay safe 🙏

тримайся

On 2/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, Astreya said:

I wish you all the best and that you and your loved ones can stay safe somehow!

On 2/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Take care, @Essfia

On 2/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, _Terminus24 said:

All the best, honestly I mean nobody likes to be in a situation like this. And just because of... politics, I mean... 🤞

❤️❤️❤️

Thanks to all for ur support. We hear your voices all around the world. And I cry. Every time when saw this unreal crowds with our flags, with our music. It's really inspire to be strong! 

Right now I'm in Odessa and I don't leave my friends. My family. My home. My Ukraine. With my friends, we try to help as a volunteers. Today night I slept at bomb shelter bec firstly in my life I heard air raid alert.

Scary time, but everything will be OK

And I know that there is a rule to speak just eng, but I hope you'll forgive me these words

Дякую, мої любі. Обіймаю кожного. Ми захистимо свою землю

@Essfia

Many hugs back to you and lots of strength to you, your family, friends and all of the brave Ukrainian people!

I heard on German TV that there are rumours that Putin sent his soldiers out and told them they were only going to a training manoeuvre and they were shocked to realise they were sent into a war. This is not verified, by the way, but I can actually see this. 

Maybe some of them will decide that this is not a war they want to fight, just like what happened in 1917: https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/between_acceptance_and_refusal_-_soldiers_attitudes_towards_war_russian_empire

While we normally have an English-only rule on this forum, we understand the desire to express solidarity with Ukrainians using their native tongue. We will not edit out the Ukrainian language used thus far, but ask everyone to please use English only from this point forward.

What's happening in Ukraine is an international crisis and my thoughts, along with those of my family and co-workers, are with everyone bravely fighting against Putin in any way they can, be it with donations or actually fighting on the ground. I have co-workers in Ukraine and I worry about them every day. Stand strong, Ukrainians, I hope you win this fight. I've seen so many positive uplifting stories from the news, from Ukrainians in other countries, from Ukrainians still in Ukraine. I am so happy to see the spirit, the determination, and the resolve and I truly hope you beat Putin. The USSR is done. My thoughts are also with those in Russia protesting this war in the streets, even knowing they risk arrest and detention. Putin is not a reflection of Russian citizens and culture, and I'm happy to see people around the world remember that as these events unfold.

*raises fist*

On 2/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, Essfia said:

I am watching TV / reading online News all day around, can't stand to miss any news, deeply hope for an end of the war by ... well, guess we all know the only way, stop the crazy one person by whatever it takes.

Can't imagine the horror the ukrainian people are going through ... Stay safe!! 💙💛

I have been following the news closely ever since Putin announced his 2nd invasion last week. I keep seeing people say "we never could have imagined this would happen!".......... how could we have never imagined it? The warning signs have been there since Crimea was annexed in 2014??? I'm so confused and frustrated on the narrative and my heart is sick for the people of Ukraine.

It seems very far away from The Bahamas but the footage is heartwrenching, and our gas prices are already climbing (which will also affect our electricity prices as we have gas-fueled generators for our power).

*pulls out tissues*

(I haven't had access to TV before tonight.)

I'm absolutely horrified by this. Putin has always been vile and a viscous snob, but this? This is a new level of evil. Arresting the people who disagree, clamping down on his nation's media, forcing it to go through government approval first, blocking information channels between Russian people and the rest of the world while feeding them lies. I knew he was serious about this attack when he pulled that mega yacht out of German waters and ordered it back to Russia. He didn't want them to take it out of retaliation for this unjust attack. that's just my speculation though.

My heart cries out for Ukraine, and for the innocent people of Russia who didn't ask for this and don't support it. Many of those soldiers weren't even told where they were going or what they'd be ordered to do once they got there. 

The way the world is uniting against this attack though... it's empowering, and Ukraine and her people are that much stronger for it. That president is a real leader and a true inspiration. I wish more leaders were like that. "I don't need a ride, I need ammunition." - Legend.

My guess to the reason Putin didn't wait until his military was more prepared was because Ukraine was in talks to join NATO. Putin got scared and launched the first strike to prevent that from happening. Again, no proof, just my opinion.

Please, stay safe people of Ukraine. Keep fighting and don't lose hope. The world is watching and we're on your side.

My wife @Astharoshe is there now (former military, she was ready to go not 5 minutes after we heard about the final escalation) with her native Ukrainian cousins. The silence between her communication makes me want to lose it. Her descriptions are horrifying. But I've never seen someone so furious and motivated in my life. It's kind of impressive tbh

She's on here as much as she can be tho, and thanks everyone for breaking up the hell she's in 

Edited by StrikerEureka