Awdz

Easter eggs to color?

I really have had a blast with decorating cookies these past two years. 

Is it possibly to reapply the idea to coloring eggs for Easter?

If you want to switch things up, maybe have wax pen for drawing on the eggs, then apply dye from different sides of the egg to allow multicolor applications.

Final decoration decals might be something to be applied, too.

Just a thought for more creative fun that we can trade/share.

I.... think this is a BADASS idea. Absolutely. YES. Full support. Heck yeah. Even though a lot of folks (myself included) have tried and failed to make actual eggs for the whole hunt, our skills just are not up to snuff. This could be a thing that makes it a fun free-for-all to include everyone and if the eggs look a bit daft, that's okay, there's no art specs to meet or anything. Just plain fun. YES. I would love to see that.

(also, please can we get a genuine orange color if this idea is implemented? That'd be sweet.)

Oh lord I would love something like this. Though for eggs I don't know how it would show the 3D ness of an egg (ie, are we only coloring an egg shape cookie or are we decorating an egg?)

I'm even thinking valentine chocolate making now == 

This would be so fun! I haven't dyed Easter eggs irl in years but I have fond memories of it, it would be super cool to do something like this on DC. Maybe with dragon-themed decals or something. Honestly I'd just love more 'decorating' events in general, they are always so much fun!

It would be awesome! I love decorating cookies, sending and recieving all the different art styles from so many players! Bring the joy to Easter too!

(To give my 2 cents, I'd ratherhave a 2D shape to decorate like a cookie/chocolate than a 3D one)

3 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Oh lord I would love something like this. Though for eggs I don't know how it would show the 3D ness of an egg (ie, are we only coloring an egg shape cookie or are we decorating an egg?)

I'm even thinking valentine chocolate making now == 

I had not thought about 3D, only 2D egg-shaped surface. Now I am imagining the possibilities if TJ set up a twirling egg 3D impression, especially at varying speeds of view! But I did not want to cause a lot of extra work for him to program if simple gives us a ton of fun anyway.

A 3D view would both be a fair bit of work to make function and would also be much slower, and the cookies already have severe lag problems reported. Not arguing that it wouldn't be very cool, but with the (relatively) short timeframes the games seem to be made on, it would probably not be feasible with a team that has so far only done 2D.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:38 PM, Awdz Bodkins said:

I really have had a blast with decorating cookies these past two years. 

Is it possibly to reapply the idea to coloring eggs for Easter?

This would be great.  Cookie Decorating was so much fun. 

cookie decorating is literally my favorite event of all time so I would absolutely love this! a simple highlight + shadow overlay to make the egg appear 3d? :3