rodymanners

What insect/bug do you hate with a passion?

Mostly spiders (not insects, I know) because of the furry mass of spiders I found as a kid. Nothing says formative fear like poking something with a stick and it explodes into hundreds of spiders. And they’re just awful to deal with in general! Webs all over my stuff, crawling on my PILLOW, leave nasty cocoon garbage on my plants and blinds, and make hundreds of baby spiders that can fly and land on you like paratroopers. I know they’re very important to the ecosystem and I respect them and their living but could they PLEASE not do it where I can see them 😭 

Except jumping spiders. They’re my homies since they don’t spin webs and just look at me with big puppy dog eyes. Another reason to dislike their bigger cousins: the house spiders would probably eat my little bookshelf roommate if they could get to him :( 

Posted (edited)

Spiders, all spiders, but especially the bad ones we get around here, widows, funnel-webs and recluses 🕷️ 🙀 

but even a lasagna bug will freak me out if I’m feeling extra freaky cos they look kinda like giant flying spiders 😂 

Edited by CandraCat

Crickets. I can handle roaches, spiders, scorpions, anything. Except crickets. They’re just eughhhh 

I will eat them though.

Time to talk about one I hate, but also something I am more scared of. 

I hate bees. I've been stung twice, but, I'm more afraid of the notorious Murder Hornets. They're invasive, and scary. Bees, I'm starting to like more, but, bees still scare me. I'm working on my fear, and I like them, but hate them at the same time. 

Those weird buzzing bee fly things. It looks like a huge fuzzy yellow and black fly that buzzes. Dunno what it's called but it's definitely not a bee or a fly. I have a bush full of those in front of my house and they drive me crazy with their buzzing

This topic was like... designed for me 😆

I like most insects--heck, I have a ton of insect tattoos. There's one, though, that I can't even be in the same room as. This insect is the huge, the terrifying, the dangerous... box elder bug. Yep, I know they're harmless. Yep, I know they can't even bite. I'm not sure how this phobia developed, and I've tried to get over it but... I guess I can't. Very inconvenient since they live ALL OVER in my area.

literally all of them, besides-- wait no. i take that back... literally. all. of. them. ew. but specifically bees. they're the cutest!!! ... and also terrify me. like, if i hear ONE bee noise... i will... start screaming. it's not pretty.

Edited by midnightmelatonin

bees, ants, flies, miskeeetoes (i aint searching how to spell it) and stinkbugs. They ruin everything especially miskeetoes and bees. Whenever its summer bees scare me alllll the time im afraid to explore cuz i might encounter a bee hive or something and misskeetoes also are a HUGE HUGE HUGEEE problem they are literally the WORST bugs during the summer. They literally like give you a time limit to how long you can stay outside cuz if ur havin too much fun youll have around 100 itchy bites on you before you hit one hour.