rodymanners

What insect/bug do you hate with a passion?

Any bugs after I compi- oh, talking about the animals. mosquitos. I don't even care about sucking my blood as long as they don't make noise in my ears when I'm already trying to sleep on a hot night!

I really hate cockroaches, all kinds inside or outside.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, SuRyusei said:

Any bugs after I compi- oh, talking about the animals. mosquitos. I don't even care about sucking my blood as long as they don't make noise in my ears when I'm already trying to sleep on a hot night!

EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee

my parents say the drone i have sounds like a mosquito, but at least it doesn't bite you

Mosquitoes are my sworn enemies since my childhood, when one of them attacked me just above the eye ! 😱

And every year, I'm the only one they target. I take bullets for my friends and family, but I'm the one who is at war with them !

I've been reminded of maggots. Maggots are so gross. Unfortunately I got too familiar with them due to a SLOB of a room mate (and then later through a nasty work environment).

On 10/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, SuRyusei said:

Oh, yes. Also, those mosquitoes always make noise ONLY when I am about to sleep. If I woke up and turned on light to get rid of them, they become silent and invisible. And start making noise again when I try to sleep and almost succeed.  I wish their entire race's eternal doom for ruining my numerous summer night.  

I only hate the dead ones on windowsills. I have a phobia of them, but it only applies to dead ones. All live insects are awesome (except disease transmitting ones, but that pertains to individual bugs and not to any species).

Where I live (specially in Summer or Spring) bees and wasps are everywhere and ugh, just can't stand those flying insects, thank god I've never got bitten by one lol 😁

I won't say what my phobia is. But I really dislike mosquitoes because I am allergic to them. Also fire ants - these are a new experience for me - not a fan.

Dervish: I and most of this system really loves insects, but the only insect I can really say I dislike are mosquitoes.  One of the reasons why we keep wasps in our yard us because they keep the mosquito population under control. 

The insects I'm most deeply terrified and want nothing more than to have them all die off: palmetto bugs, and other cockroaches. 

There are others I don't like, but otherwise can tolerate or deal with. Most people say they hate mosquitos, but mosquitos seem to hate me too; they usually ignore me.

I'm not really afraid of* any insects or other creepy-crawlies, but mosquitos can all go rot in a sack.

*Cockroaches, when indoors, need to die. Outdoors, I don't care. In any case, if the wings come out, I'm leaving the area immediately.

I can't stand earwigs, millipedes, the giant centipedes, spiders, and ticks (I know the last two are technically arachnids, not insects, still stands though)

I hate all insects, but the one I hate the most are anything that looks like a bee.

I just have an irrational fear of them for whatever reason.

Any bloodsucking bug (female mosquitos, fleas, ticks, and especially bedbugs) can go straight to hell. I like insects and bugs well enough, and don't have any phobias of them, but when they exist solely to cause me and my pets pain I can't help hating them.

I am really afraid of all insects with more than 6 legs, and those colors that look...very...bright? Or use some unfriendly words to describe, disgusting and impactful colors.I will only stay away or go around without hurting them.
When I was playing in the mountains(I was not yet the age to go to school at that time!), I crashed into the web of a big spider, and then when I looked back I saw a spider hanging on my hair, OMG. In my high school class, there are many spiders lying on the ceiling in summer, and then, uh... from time to time they will fall one or two,to your head,your desk,your chair...
For jumping spiders, that's an exception, thank you, Lucas. Jumping spiders are cute, provided they don't jump towards me.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, Ewianking said:

Wasps and Female mosquitoes 

One chases you for getting 1cm too close the other is constantly thirsting for your blood and can potentially give you diseases

THIS ^^^^^
Wasps and female mosquitoes are terrifying 🥶

Stink bugs. They're everywhere around here and they're always around but whenever the local farmers harvest their crops they go into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE and suddenly there's like a hundred of them in the house. A hundred might be lowballing it, actually...

I love insects and inverts, but I really don't get the point of head lice and bedbugs. They stay in human habitations and don't really fill a necessary ecological niche (at least afaik). If I had to eradicate any insect, it would probably be those parasites, since it will likely have a pretty negligible effect on the ecosystem and they're just annoying. Sure, head lice don't spread any known diseases, but nobody likes them.

@Astreya Too bad you're allergic to cats... I just had the first crane fly coming in from the window this summer. Medda seized it in no time. I could see it was delicious, she didn't even care to play with it before mealtime like she would do with other bugs.

There are only two bugs that I hate oh so much that they should just go extinct. Deer fly and tick.

With deer flies I have personal experience. They are just so nasty and no matter how much you try, the *******s just won't die! Flush down the toilet? The bugger just crawls back... Only way to really off them would be fire... And them crawling on your skin just... feels so nasty... so every time me and my mom returned from forest, we had to go through every single crevice of clothing to not find these stupid things. >:

Ticks... well... because of lyme disease. I wouldn't mind them sucking up the blood, but after seeing my dad go through worse case of lyme disease, I'm not very keen about them.

The two are basically reasons why one won't find me from forests despite my love for nature and wanting to live middle of one....

Wasps. They are often a subject of my nightmares. Note that I don't consider myself phobic as I can look at them from a distance as well as pictures.

Fire Ants. Had a bad allergic reaction to them once (had to go to the ER). Haven't had a reaction since, but I always have to watch out if I get bit. The fact that you can't always see a nest is paranoia inducing.

Chiggers. They are these little mite things prevalent in long grass in summer. They are more of an annoyance, but the fact that they like to bite where your clothes rub makes it worse. The bites last longer and itch worse than mosquito bites.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:01 AM, Starscream said:

I won't say what my phobia is. But I really dislike mosquitoes because I am allergic to them. Also fire ants - these are a new experience for me - not a fan.

I started having allergic reactions to mosquito bites a couple of weeks after Hurricane Laura, but only certain ones, not every mosquito bite. So I never know if a mosquito bite will start spreading or not.

Fireants - you might want to sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the coop if they start bothering the birds. Andro Firestrike Ant Bait is the best product for extended freedom from fireants, but it can take up to  a month to work.. Ortho Orthene is a quick kill of individual mounds..

Dr. Bonner's oil of peppermint liquid castile soap is repellent to both insects and mice. I had fireants in potted plants and they would not get out, not even with leaving the pot submerged. But they left after getting doused with soapy water mixed with Dr. Bronner's oil of peppermint liquid castile soap.

All of these products are a little goes a long way. 

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I started having allergic reactions to mosquito bites a couple of weeks after Hurricane Laura, but only certain ones, not every mosquito bite. So I never know if a mosquito bite will start spreading or not.

Fireants - you might want to sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the coop if they start bothering the birds. Andro Firestrike Ant Bait is the best product for extended freedom from fireants, but it can take up to  a month to work.. Ortho Orthene is a quick kill of individual mounds..

Dr. Bonner's oil of peppermint liquid castile soap is repellent to both insects and mice. I had fireants in potted plants and they would not get out, not even with leaving the pot submerged. But they left after getting doused with soapy water mixed with Dr. Bronner's oil of peppermint liquid castile soap.

All of these products are a little goes a long way. 

my coop is inside a garage building, so we only get carpenter ants in there and they tend to eat those, I eradicate them as best I can so far, this year I did not get the swarm, so It's working. I usually take an antihistamine after a bite. We have European fireants, they're different to the ones in the southern USA.  I made an icing sugar/borax mix and put it near a mound which has become quite inactive.