Wymsical

Protochroma

text-logo-500px.png

Protochroma is sci-fi themed adoptables game where you collect document various creatures found on a faraway planet with a lost civilization. Explore around various locales to find creatures of your own to raise as well as search for items as you battle against wild creatures. You can breed the creatures you raise together to make your own fully traceable ancestry trees; if two creatures share a grouping, they can breed together, allowing for tons of (sometimes unusual) combinations.

Each species has 14 variants (called Chromas) to choose from, and you're free to collect whatever variants speak to you the most. There's no randomness involved in getting variants—once the creature is ready to mature into adulthood, you pick which Chroma you want to use.

Protochroma updates very regularly, and advance notices are posted ahead of a new regular species releasing. There are also four sets of seasonal creatures, which can be acquired most easily during their month-long breeding season. When new species release, it's either an addition to an existing Sector, or a few species released over a span of several days when there's a new Sector.

Delving is a turn-based game where you can either take an adult creature alongside you or fly solo to gather items and battle. Resources you find can be turned in at the Dropoff Station in exchange for Credits. Limited Run Delves offer additional rewards each them they cycle in, such as a guaranteed item or rare creatures.

Mushroom.png SpicyNoodle.png GoreMagala.png Spindash.png

Creatures don't need views or clicks to mature—just a set amount of time for each species until you can mature them to the next stage. That said, sharing links and images are provided so you can still easily share your creatures with others, or link to them via other creatures you own.

You can name and describe your creatures using any unicode characters (and, for describing, you can also additionally use BBCode and images of your own), so emojis, non-English alphabets, etc. are all free game to use.

Helpful Links

Introduction to Protochroma | List of collectible creatures | Help page on basic game mechanics | Site news archive

And conveniently, we're in the middle of a big release right now. Three of seven creatures left, with today being a period of rest so the last creature to be released can grow. We've still got a rare to release, so if you're planning to join, now might be the time!

I just joined this game. Where do  find the eggs I just picked up and how do I post them on here?

You can find creatures you picked up on your Research Profile, then click them and go to the Share tab to find the code to post them!

Also we have a new Delve released today~

6 hours ago, Keileon said:

You can find creatures you picked up on your Research Profile, then click them and go to the Share tab to find the code to post them!

Also we have a new Delve released today~

I don't see that on my profile.

28 minutes ago, jJedi_Master_1 said:

I don't see that on my profile.

That's because the share tab is on the creature's page, not the profile.

First off, creatures don't grow manually. Once they get to Needs: 0 min, you need to click on them and either choose chroma serum or a masc/femme serum (if eggs) or choose what color you want them to be (if hatchlings). You can breed grown creatures by clicking on the creature, then on Options, then on Breed. Go to https://protochroma.net/help/creature-mechanics/#breeding-creatures

for more information.

https://protochroma.net/help/ - On-site help pages.This should help answer most of your questions.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, Mathcat said:

you need to click on them and either choose chroma serum or a masc/femme serum (if eggs) or choose what color you want them to be (if hatchlings).

Notably, not all creatures start as eggs! A lot do because I find them easier to draw and there isn't another interesting pose (and a lot of critters are logically egg-laying) but the official terms are Baby and Juvenile. :)

Edited by Keileon

Summer breeding season is ending after the 5th! If you haven't already gotten your fill, now if the time to make sure you do.