Wymsical

Protochroma

Thanks for the update and new release!
I couldn't figure out why the face on s2 looked familiar, so I was placing a skeptical bet on a tiger. I think I did guess it right at some point, but wasn't sure and then forgot.
-----------------
Bug: "Ready for maturation!" button is stuck in the wrong place.

Spoiler

ready.png.c26ad3d596c19fd60519712da825b22b.png

Suggestion: Infirmary should display player's credits.

Suggestion: a button to toggle smaller creature icons (and no text?) in lineage view, to fit more stuff on screen. (I guess this is not very useful?)

Question: If I let a bred creature die, will it disappear from it's parents' offspring lists?
-----------------
RQnHAm.png C4jfZY.png mOpD3.png 9UMV.png X4xfJA.png UNsxF.png Ck7jDb.png 3F1ie.png 0Gkp0F.png 7-1FyA.png

I am not sure what I want to do with these, but I am sure I want to do something. Mono colour lineages I guess. Or PB maybe? 🤔

0Gn1.png Fkhip.png klj2K.png Mu-wgg.png fW0Dq.png dJmd.png om2CU5.png Dphg.png 91yYux.png xgoiy.png Ha_F.png _h0UR_.png

Suggestion: a togglable warning that prevents you from going on a delve without a tagalong. Or separate buttons for solo and duo delves.

Is there any reason to go solo anyway? The help page says only simulation gives you a bonus for that.

In simulations, enemies will drop items such as ammo and recovery orbs instead of Scrap, and the drop rate is increased if you are on a solo run.

------------------
ceeee.png.5c8236d3f85c7bd5f662812b81fcc236.png
------------------
H4sj.png soJm9v.png F99b.png eU_vTL.png 01tC.png z2X4.png 6_G6.png qGekr.png

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

On 10/23/2021 at 3:48 PM, Lost_Unicorn said:

Suggestion: a togglable warning that prevents you from going on a delve without a tagalong. Or separate buttons for solo and duo delves.

Is there any reason to go solo anyway? The help page says only simulation gives you a bonus for that.

Yes, you need it for tasks: https://protochroma.net/ops-office/tasks/

21 hours ago, Keileon said:

Yes, you need it for tasks: https://protochroma.net/ops-office/tasks/

Ah, that's my bad, sorry. I turned in my last delving quest 6 days ago and I forgot about it. :D I am now waiting for the scraps update. :)
Some creatures are so hard to encounter - their scraps feel borderline mythical.
Kinda makes me wish there was a creature lure or something.

A-fG.png 5v9ca.png TZJJ4M.png UT1HSH.png UchBJ.png z08G.png 8AjA.png 5Ujn.png kAsdF.png QErn.png vgUD-h.png

On 11/13/2021 at 10:01 PM, Lost_Unicorn said:

That black thing* seems to be special. Is it a limited-run creature?

I want more. 🥺

KArGu.png JHwJO.png Q2ZR1.png 8WXiz.png LvQt.png 8ylW.png TzDf.png je9O.png

xVWg.png 6ylVmv.png Xu4Nx.png bfVfLm.png

18 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I want more. 🥺

I'm doing the same thing I did with the original Lightcatcher LR pickup, where I've intentionally released a species from a new work-in-progress Sector before said Sector is available. There will be plenty once that Sector arrives. If you weren't around for when Crop Circle Canyon was released, you can read through this article announcing that once-upcoming Sector and the article of the CCC release itself. The gap of time from this LR pickup and the Sector release should be shorter than the previous one was, but that'll also depending on how chaotic real life is for me too, since I've had a lot of really important stuff to deal with, but I've kept up with managing to work on a lot of major updates coding-wise (you'd be surprised how much changed internally just to make that maturation page update).

@Wymsical Cool stuff, thank you. :) I joined after CCC, but I can't check when because Protochroma seems to be down at the moment.

Will there be one day where new sector will be completely filled with super rares? :blink:

How many sectors are you planning to release? I wonder if you might be aiming to avoid cramming too many creatures in sectors?

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

7 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

@Wymsical Cool stuff, thank you. :) I joined after CCC, but I can't check when because Protochroma seems to be down at the moment.

Will there be one day where new sector will be completely filled with super rares? :blink:

How many sectors are you planning to release? I wonder if you might be aiming to avoid cramming too many creatures in sectors?

New Sector filled with a rare or super rare for a whole day? Oh yeah, I let it happen with CCC.

87989.PNG.2efdb6415bdbf6fe8dfc78c23d64f5da.PNG

It doesn't bother me to do that. I consider it a nice thing for the people who are around for that specific day. CCC was a test of my theory of being able to release a bunch of species at once in a manner where if a player showed up once every day during the event, they would be able to acquire everything released. It worked out pretty well and on the execution side went off perfectly fine without much issue. The breather days and staggering of rarities made it so players had slots to pick up a batch of new things each day there was something new. Of course I didn't consider that part where a few more clever players intentionally abandoned a bunch of rares into the nursery while they were flooding, but alas.

I don't even know how many Sectors I'm going to make, if I'm being honest. But my intention is absolutely to avoid too many species appearing in the nest for Sectors. I don't even plan for the nest and Delving rewards to be the only way to acquire WC creatures, but they're the ones I'm focusing on the most as I'm working on other core features right now (namely trading and studding, I'm acutely aware of how much that's wanted).

Saw "sci-fi themed adoptables game" and was immediately sold 

3JxcS.pngeVm07.png9qTIG8.png OxtTP.png b5RGd.png

Edited by virtualpets