Firebirdwyvern

Possible BSA: Fetch

9 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

Such a thing could be abused too. For example, if we were able to do this, we might eventually see people using the AP  to store eggs they have bred but don't have room for on their scrolls.  After the eggs have gained some time, but before they show up in the AP,  they could then be retrieved to finish hatching on their scrolls.  It's an interesting thought but not a very good idea for the game. 

I think that could be helped a bit by having a strict time limit on fetching, like somewhere in the 10-30 minute zone. Once that time's up the egg is gone.

As for multi-clutch abuse here's another solution: "You have already kept an egg from this clutch"

Once you choose to keep an egg from a clutch the others are unfetchable.

Edited by blockEdragon

What is wrong with simply taking responsibility for your own mistakes ? This has come up before in terms of "allow us to keep an egg we bred over the limit while we think about which to dump."

We have limits - they are there for a reason, not to be circumvented. Most of us can count; those who can't can click the growing dragons button or the trophy to check before breeding.

12 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

I think that could be helped a bit by having a strict time limit on fetching, like somewhere in the 10-30 minute zone. Once that time's up the egg is gone.

As for multi-clutch abuse here's another solution: "You have already kept an egg from this clutch"

Once you choose to keep an egg from a clutch the others are unfetchable.

Both of those solutions make sense and would probably work, but in the long run, I have to go along with Fuzzbucket:

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What is wrong with simply taking responsibility for your own mistakes ?...    

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We have limits - they are there for a reason, not to be circumvented.

I don't understand why people keep trying to change what is basically an excellent game.  It seems to me that all too often, when someone sees a possible problem they propose a solution for it and the thread then evolves into something more. This is what happened here.  TBH, I don't like the new Pink Sapphires at all and am resigned to the fact that I might never get a CB one. Since I prefer CBs, I absolutely hate this.  But, even though being able to retrieve a discarded egg using Fetch, it might enable me to get one, it would change the basic rules of the game to the extent that the Dragon Cave game would be something completely different than what it is now.  This I would not welcome.  It is too high a price to pay for an egg, no matter how special it is.

What I would support is if someone would ask for more CB Sapphires so that we could all catch them and throw them into the AP. Then there would be plenty to go around for everyone.  :D

46 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

I don't understand why people keep trying to change what is basically an excellent game.  It seems to me that all too often, when someone sees a possible problem they propose a solution for it and the thread then evolves into something more. This is what happened here.  TBH, I don't like the new Pink Sapphires at all and am resigned to the fact that I might never get a CB one. Since I prefer CBs, I absolutely hate this.  But, even though being able to retrieve a discarded egg using Fetch, it might enable me to get one, it would change the basic rules of the game to the extent that the Dragon Cave game would be something completely different than what it is now.  This I would not welcome.  It is too high a price to pay for an egg, no matter how special it is.

I seriously agree with this.

Just because you can't do exactly what you would like, or can't get exactly what you want when you want it, does not mean we need to change the game.

Ask for a new way to get the Pink Sapphires if you want -- I agree that the current mechanic means that it will be a long time (if ever) before I can get my quota of CBs -- but please don't change the things about the game that have been working just fine all these years. There is no basic problem with not being able to get back an egg that you have abandoned either intentionally or not. It does not need to be "fixed".

On 6/4/2021 at 4:05 PM, RainDear said:

My opinion. Just my opinion.

A way to obtain Pink Sapphires without depending on the actions of other players would be awesome. I hope it happens. I DO NOT believe this is the answer.

Pls.

I know people have been trying to come up with new and interesting mechanics, but I was so disappointed to hear about the abandoning mechanic tbh.