Quinn's dragons

Pink Sapphire Egg Switched to Flamingo Wyvern through no action of mine HELP!

After haunting the Abandoned page for hours and more than one day, I finally managed to pick up a pink sapphire egg,  I was soo happy.  This morning my pink sapphire had turned into a flamingo wyvern or Bright pink.  I had picked up one of these 2 types of pinks right after I picked up the pink sapphire.  My pink sapphire is now gone. It is replaced with  a flamingo (I think).  I want my pink sapphire back.  Can the mods and /or TJ switch them back?  Please.

I don't take screen shots of my dragons.  It honestly was a pink sapphire though as my daughter was looking at my scroll and exclaimed when she noticed the pink egg's description 

This egg looks like a beautiful blue stone.

I had read and reread that description quite a few times overnight as I relished the fact that I had finally managed to pick up a pink sapphire.  Other than love it and put it on a fan site or three I didn't do anything to the egg.  It suddenly just changed.  Please help me.

Are you positive it's the same egg? You say you put it in fan sites, is it possible the pink sapphire egg hatched and moved down on your scroll or something and what you think used to be the pink sapphire actually never was?  Usually when TJ looks into this sort of thing it's a simple user-error, like abandoning the egg without meaning to or misidentifying the egg, but if it's truly a bug it would be a pretty strange one.

@purpledragonclaw  @LadyLyzar  @TJ09   Pinging to see if we can get some clarification on what happened. 

Also, check the actions log. Did you abandon anything? Did anything suspicious happen in the log? Most importantly - is it still a flamingo in the logs?

6 hours ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Also, check the actions log. Did you abandon anything? Did anything suspicious happen in the log? Most importantly - is it still a flamingo in the logs?

^ Check your action log for any abandons. It is possible your scroll could have been hacked, which is far more likely than an egg spontaneously changing breed.

It's also possible if you auto-sort your scroll, it hatched and moved somewhere, or grew up and moved somewhere. Check your entire scroll.

Did you accidentally abandon the pink sapphire thinking it was the Flamingo? 

No.

I bred 4 sapphire dragons.  Kept 2 to try to turn yellow and then abandoned the other 2 blue.  Karma - you know. 

I then haunted the abandoned page until i was able to grab a pink sapphire.   I checked several times too be sure it was indeed a pink sapphire.  Then I tried for a second one being a bit greedy. I picked up an egg proclaiming its Bright pink state, and I decided to go with just the one as I'd only dropped 2 blues into the cavern.  

Later in  the day my daughter wasa checking my scroll to see what I picked up and she exclaimed that I had a pink sapphire.  So I had  it long after I abandoned the 2 blues which were the only eggs I abandoned.  When I make a mistake, I don't abandon it.

So what gives.?

You need to show TJ your action log. No-one in a thread will have the info needed to see what happened.

I'm pretty sure TJ has toolz that he can see what has been on your scroll and what has happened to it. But he is the only one who could help resolve this.

Screenshot and post your action log? With blurred codes that is. 

Okay, from my understanding from your latest post, it sounds like you only picked up one pink sapphire. An egg that proclaims its bright pink state (aka Its bright. And pink.) is a flamingo. You might have clicked your sapphire by accident and thought you picked up a second sapphire. There have been people skeptically picking Flamingo eggs up thinking they were pink sapphires only to realise their mistake.

And it sounds like you recognized that you only recognized this fact? You mentioned that you decided to just go with the one pink sapphire afterwards. Just my thoughts on the matter. 

On 5/27/2021 at 5:58 PM, Quinn's dragons said:

After haunting the Abandoned page for hours and more than one day, I finally managed to pick up a pink sapphire egg,  I was soo happy.  This morning my pink sapphire had turned into a flamingo wyvern or Bright pink.  I had picked up one of these 2 types of pinks right after I picked up the pink sapphire.  My pink sapphire is now gone. It is replaced with  a flamingo (I think).  I want my pink sapphire back.  Can the mods and /or TJ switch them back?  Please.

I don't take screen shots of my dragons.  It honestly was a pink sapphire though as my daughter was looking at my scroll and exclaimed when she noticed the pink egg's description 

I had read and reread that description quite a few times overnight as I relished the fact that I had finally managed to pick up a pink sapphire.  Other than love it and put it on a fan site or three I didn't do anything to the egg.  It suddenly just changed.  Please help me.

22 hours ago, Quinn's dragons said:

I then haunted the abandoned page until i was able to grab a pink sapphire.   I checked several times too be sure it was indeed a pink sapphire.  Then I tried for a second one being a bit greedy. I picked up an egg proclaiming its Bright pink state, and I decided to go with just the one as I'd only dropped 2 blues into the cavern.  

33 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Okay, from my understanding from your latest post, it sounds like you only picked up one pink sapphire. An egg that proclaims its bright pink state (aka Its bright. And pink.) is a flamingo. You might have clicked your sapphire by accident and thought you picked up a second sapphire. There have been people skeptically picking Flamingo eggs up thinking they were pink sapphires only to realise their mistake.

And it sounds like you recognized that you only recognized this fact? You mentioned that you decided to just go with the one pink sapphire afterwards. Just my thoughts on the matter. 

It might be kind to read what the OP actually said: now bolded. They never said the Sapphire egg had the "It's Bright. And Pink" description. The flamingo was picked up later.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It might be kind to read what the OP actually said: now bolded. They never said the egg had the "It's Bright. And PInk" description.

Dalek refers to OPs "latest post" in which is stated (now bolded):

22 hours ago, Quinn's dragons said:

[...] I then haunted the abandoned page until i was able to grab a pink sapphire.   I checked several times too be sure it was indeed a pink sapphire.  Then I tried for a second one being a bit greedy. I picked up an egg proclaiming its Bright pink state, and I decided to go with just the one as I'd only dropped 2 blues into the cavern.  [...]

(I had actually bolded the bit you bolded, to show that it was a SECOND egg.)

Which also includes the words "I then picked up a second one." That was where they realised the second one WASN'T a sapphire. There's nowhere saying the first egg said anything other than "beautiful blue stone." As seen by their daughter.

SO ,   I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.  Please  TJ. 

I definitely picked up a pink sapphire egg from the abandoned page. It disappeared off  of my scroll.

My action log does not mention the pink sapphire egg I owned.

If your log doesn't show it, basically, you didn't have it. But @TJ09 - any comment ?

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If your log doesn't show it, basically, you didn't have it. But @TJ09 - any comment ?

Not necessarily, if you don't do any actions on an egg (like hide or whatever) it's not going to show in your action log. I hatch plenty of eggs on my scroll that never show in my log because I didn't do anything to them. 

If it was there, it would have to have shown up as abandoned, though. So...

I did ping TJ... let's hope.

Quinn, I know I'm late to the party & I have no idea if this was resolved or not, but I felt bad that you lost your egg. So check your PMs. ;)