Murkydepths

Hover over sentence descriptions on scrolls

Ok that title sounds confusing so heres the idea:

The ability to write a short sentence descriptor for your dragons, which would appear when the dragons name/code was hovered over. Could be used for lore reasons 'the second son of Dwindlecus' or just jokes 'Champion pie scoffer' or labelling '2g salt'. Other people can see this. There'd be a character limit, enough for a short sentence. Could go through the description checks if worries about inappropriateness.

Reasoning: Fun. Adds a bit more uniqueness to dragons. Gives a bit of personality to the dragons without having to click of them individually. Sort of a tag system, but without searching. 

Cons: Throw them at me!

Edited by Murkydepths

Sounds neat; I'd assume on mobile it'd show up with long tapping? It also serving as a sort of tag system would be handy.

It might be fun but there's no way to scroll over links on the mobile, all I have at this point and it's so full of errors and lag from the new dropdown menus lately.

Maybe far in the future, when the current issues are completely resolved.

2 minutes ago, Deltice12 said:

Sounds neat; I'd assume on mobile it'd show up with long tapping? It also serving as a sort of tag system would be handy.

My phone is too bad to actually play dc, so I don't know much about how it works on mobile ^^;. That sounds like it'd work but I can't tell for certain, people who do play on mobile would have to chime in.

11 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

It might be fun but there's no way to scroll over links on the mobile, all I have at this point and it's so full of errors and lag from the new dropdown menus lately.

Actually, it is completely possible to build an element that displays hover-over text for touchscreen devices. You just need to make it obvious said element is something you should be clicking/tapping, and, well, it would be simple as just a simple tap (not even a long press). So, both absolutely possible and very easy to build.

Edited by Commander Wymsy

Obviously not high priority, but sounds fun and would work wonderfully with some dragons I have!  Don't really see any cons to this, especially if as Wymsy said it can be implemented on mobile too.

And if you don't hover or tap, you can completely ignore it. Sounds good to me, though I'd probably not use it that much if I can't search by it on my scroll. XD

This would be super useful when I'm going through my dragons for breeding projects. I could just hover and see labels for things like "CB" and "SAlt checker" and "messy" without needing to open the dragon's page and check and check its lineage.

While this sounds like a neat little feature, it also sounds a lot like tags but less useful? I just mean that if we are going to get an ability to put little notes like that on specific dragons, I'd rather it be more useful than just showing when hovering over the dragon itself (being able to filter by the tags, specifically). Having a little note/descriptor show when hovering over a dragon's image is a nice little idea but that's all it really is, it would be fun to see maybe but it wouldn't actually be useful in any significant way unless you could do more with it.