Tyranto

Ability to mark dragons as Favorites

I believe that Dragon Cave would greatly benefit from the ability to mark dragons as "Favorites," as it would prevent those on autopilot from accidentally removing dragons from their scrolls. There are a few mechanics I have in mind for such a feature: You can favorite a dragon through the action page, which will give it a gold star next to its type on the scroll (Where the age and gender are located). Dragons that are marked as favorites are unable to be abandoned, released, or killed unless they are unfavorited. Perhaps an extra tab on the scroll where you can find all of your favorite dragons that can either be public or private, similar to groups?

I'd love to hear what the community has to think about such a feature. Feel free to share your thoughts.

I wouldn't mind this. The only thing I would change would be the placement of where it would be; I'd prefer if it was on the dragon page next to the "Add to group" option rather than in the actions page.

When I read the title I'm like, well we have groups now so just add your favorites to a group. But upon reading the part about being unable to abandon/release or kill a favorited dragon unless you unfavorited it, I'm like... Yes! :D I think that could be beneficial, so I support this. (y)

I'm positive this has been suggested before, with various methods, but I have no clue what to search to find the other threads. But yes, 'favoriting' specific dragons or some other way to 'lock' a dragon to your scroll has been suggested before. I support, it definitely seems like something that could be helpful. 

It'd definitely be a QoL improvement. Support, although I also agree it should be in the actions page instead.

Could it be an expansion on existing groups?  For example, maybe on the page where you can select group visibility (private, public, featured), you can also tick a box that says "protect this group" and means "don't let me kill/abandon/release any dragons in this group".

This is not a bad idea, but I'd prefer to see all these features added to groups, rather than a stack of features to flesh out a whole new organizational feature.  It would make it easier to mass-protect dragons (if you want to prevent yourself from accidentally doing anything permanent to any of your dragons, go make a group, use shift-click to add every dragon on your scroll to it, and mark it protected), and it would let each user make multiple groups of dragons which use some of these features.

Apart from protecting all the dragons in a group, the other thing one would need (I think) to implement your idea would be a visual indicator for whether a dragon is in a particular group.  I'm pretty sure there are threads for that; I think they focus on colored dots or little icons, so a star would probably fit right in with the icons.

When I saw the title, I thought it was talking about a way to stick certain dragons at the top of your scroll while having the rest automatically sort by some criteria (breed, age, color, etc.), which would also be cool.  Obviously not what this is asking for, but I thought I'd note the momentary confusion.

As someone with over 10k dragons and probably at least a thousand I'd want to 'favorite', I definitely support @Pilauli's idea of it being tied to groups. While I know some people don't really use groups, it does seem like the easiest way to implement something like this. If you have more than a handful of dragons you'd want to do this with, it would quickly get frustrating to separately go to each dragon's page and take multiple extra clicks for every dragon. Being able to just make a group for all those specific dragons and mark it as 'protect' or 'favorite' or whatever would probably be a lot easier and less time-consuming. 

(Personally I'd use this ability on a few already-made groups that consist of special-to-me dragons, but I can also see it being very useful for lineage-makers, especially since when adding to a group you can check 'same lineage' and just add all dragons from that lineage at once...)

"Dragons that are marked as favorites are unable to be abandoned, released, or killed unless they are unfavorited."

^This I would like.

Personally I put my favorites in their own group, but it would be a cool feature to mark them so they can't be killed/released by a misclick!

support! And a lil star where the gender and stuff go or something would be good

I don't think I'd personally use this much but I also see literally no downsides or reasons why this shouldn't be added, so support!  QoL updates are always welcome