unishamaani

Magi bug? Missing magis to use after trade eggs hatch

I've noticed when I've set my eggs for a trade on the trading hub, and they hatch while being there, after that I suddenly don't seem to have magis left to use.

So is this a bug or have I misunderstood how magis work?

Not a bug. If the egg hatches while in transport it uses up the teleport action of the Magi. If you cancel the trade before it hatches then it does not and you can use the same Magi for the hatchling.

Ah, alright, thank you.

Imo it seems slightly an unreasonable feature. I feel like it would be nicer without losing the teleport action. It would make more sense. 

I think it's fine as a drawback for Teleport; it makes you pay attention to your egg's time.

Yes.

So, the magi dragons confuse the hatching egg as someone trading for it? Just wondering about the reason why their magic does this.

Edited by unishamaani

The magi saw you offering an egg. It figures if it hatches you might prefer to keep it. (If you need an "explanation".) Also of course - anyone looking for an egg would not be interested in a hatchie, so the magi might be trying to protect you from people watching your offer change and being annoyed....

Of course, I understand why the trade itself gets cancelled when the egg hatches.

But where do they use up the teleport? Or do they just refuse from using it?

Sorry for the difficult questions :D

21 minutes ago, unishamaani said:

But where do they use up the teleport? Or do they just refuse from using it?

The magi teleports the egg somewhere, then realizes that it hatched and that's not what you meant so i spends extra energy to teleport it back to you, and has to replenish its stores afterward.

14 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

The magi teleports the egg somewhere, then realizes that it hatched and that's not what you meant so i spends extra energy to teleport it back to you, and has to replenish its stores afterward.

Alright, thanks TJ!

While the egg is also in the hatchery because I wanted it to hatch..

Anyway I know to be careful from now on to not hatch eggs while they're on trades. It doesn't all have to make sense.

Do magis use up teleports if I cancel trades? I don't think I've noticed that, at least.

If you cancel the teleport it does not put the magi on cooldown.  You can remake a new teleport with the same magi.  Which is good in case you noticed you made a mistake/typo on your trade message...

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

LOVE it ! Thanks, TJ !

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

But why not when you cancel a trade? Wouldn't it still have to teleport the egg back?

No - then it hasn't DONE the teleport; the egg hasn't moved or hatched; it's just WAITING for the transport to happen ? :lol: