250 book challenge 2020-2021

11 hours ago, Kanaye said:

I'd like to sign up, please.

You have been added to the list of readers

Book Number: 86

Number Of Pages: 308

Book Title: Anne of Green Gables

Author: L.M. Montgomery

Summary:  As they're getting on in years, the Cuthbert siblings decide to adopt an orphan boy to help with the farm work. Instead, they're sent Anne Shirley, an imaginative red-haired girl who wants nothing more than the chance to call Green Gables home.

Book Number: 87

Number Of Pages: 277

Book Title: Anne of Avonlea

Summary:  At sixteen, Anne becomes the new teacher at the Avonlea school, but still finds time to have adventures and make new friends.

Book Number: 88

Number Of Pages: 244

Book Title: Anne of the Island

Summary:  After two years of teaching, Anne gets the chance to go to Redmond College to earn her B.A. In the process, she also earns the admiration of two young men: Avonlea chum Gilbert Blythe, and wealthy Roy Gardner.

Book Number: 89

Number Of Pages: 258

Book Title: Anne of Windy Poplars

Summary:  Now a B.A. and engaged to Gilbert Blythe, Anne accepts the position of principal of Summerside High School while Gilbert completes medical school.

Book Number: 90

Number Of Pages: 227

Book Title: Anne's House of Dreams

Summary:  Newlyweds Anne and Gilbert Blythe move to Glen St. Mary where Gilbert takes over his aging uncle's medical practice and Anne makes new friends.

Book Number: 91

Number Of Pages: 274

Book Title: Anne of Ingleside

Summary:  A mother of five with another on the way, Anne revels in her life. But when Gilbert grows distant, she grows determined to regain his attention.

Book Number: 92

Number Of Pages: 225

Book Title: Rainbow Valley

Summary:  Anne's children are old enough to start having adventures of their own, playing in nearby Rainbow Valley with their friends the Meredith children from the manse and orphan Mary Vance.

Book Number: 93

Book Title: Rilla of Ingleside

Summary:  Anne's children are mostly grown. Rilla, the youngest at 15, is looking forward to the fun she plans to have over the next few years. But the Great War intrudes into her previously comfortable life, forcing her to grow up and take on responsibilities she'd never imagined.

Book Number: 94

Number Of Pages: 404

Book Title: Alien Nation: The Day of Descent

Author: Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens

Summary: Based on the old tv show Alien Nation. The story of Matt Sikes's first homicide case as a rookie detective, and how it leads him to a conspiracy that threatens his life, his child, and his world. While out in space, a slave ship heads towards the sun, with a rebellion brewing as the Tenctonese slaves making up her cargo discover that this star’s third planet is their last, only hope to escape extinction.

Book Number: 95

Number Of Pages: 330

Book Title: Alien Nation: Dark Horizon

Author: K.W. Jeter

Summary: The human racist group the Purists have developed a bacteria that is deadly to the Tenctonese. Detective George Francisco’s wife and daughter have been infected and lie near death, while George and partner Matt Sikes race to keep the Purists from distributing the bacteria and killing all the Tenctonese on Earth. At the same time, a one-man ship lands in the desert, the warrior aboard sent to recover the former slaves… and to find a way to enslave the humans as well.

Book Number: 96

Book Title: Alien Nation: Body and Soul

Author: Peter David

Summary: When Matt Sikes finally realizes he harbors romantic feelings for his Tenctonese neighbor Cathy, he steps far enough out of his comfort zone to agree to attend a class with her, one designed to teach the two species how to safely interact physically. But even attending the class becomes dangerous when reports that a human/Tenctonese hybrid baby has been born, bringing out the Purists to violently protest the idea that love can cross even the boundary of species.

Book Number: 97

Number Of Pages: 309

Book Title: Alien Nation: The Change

Author: Barry B. Longyear

Summary: George Francisco starts developing odd symptoms which he believes, due to his life aboard the slave ship, will lead to his death. As he is trying to come to terms with these changes, and that they will instead bring him improved abilities, a criminal from his past breaks out of prison, determined to carry out a vendetta against George and everyone he cares for… and everyone who cares for him.

Book Number: 98

Number Of Pages: 306

Book Title: Alien Nation: Slag Like Me

Author: Barry B. Longyear

Summary: To expose the extent of the racism and discrimination against Tenctonese, human journalist Micky Cass went undercover, posing as a Tenctonese… “slag” to the bigots… in the same way John Howard Griffin posed as a colored man in the 1960s to write Black Like Me. Micky’s articles spark controversy as the journalist prints names and pulls no punches. When he disappears, the entire city erupts in violence… and Matt Sikes’s only hope of tracing down the missing journalist is to also go undercover posing as Tenctonese.

Book Number: 99

Number Of Pages: 289

Book Title: Alien Nation: Passing Fancy

Author: David Spencer

Summary: A chance encounter with a woman from his past has Matt Sikes leading partner George Francisco into the maze of L.A.’s illegal drug market, while his girlfriend Cathy risks her own life to save another. And they all learn just how far some Tenctonese will go in an effort to fully assimilate into human society, even when they know it might well kill them.

Book Number: 100

Number Of Pages: 276

Book Title: Alien Nation: Extreme Prejudice

Author: L.A. Graf

Summary: While on a conference in Pittsburgh, George Francisco and Matt Sikes are suddenly faced with a homicide and offer their help in investigating as the victim is a Tenctonese attendee. What they find is a tale of abuse and horror, and a creature bred to hunt and kill.

Book Number: 101

Book Title: Alien Nation: Cross of Blood

Author: K.W. Jeter

Summary: When Matt Sikes and his Tenctonese girlfriend Cathy discover they’re expecting a baby, it sparks tension across the city as the Purists, fearing the implications of the possibility of hybrid children, threaten Cathy’s safety. When the medical facility treating her is attacked, she is forced into hiding. Meanwhile George Francisco falls in with a new Tenctonese religious cult, abandoning his partner and his job, at a time when he is most needed. But Matt gets help from an unlikely source when he finds himself fighting to save his newborn from those determined to destroy anyone who is different.

Book Number: 23

Number Of Pages: 408

Book Title: Uncle Tom's Cabin

Author: Harriet Beecher Stowe

Summary: This story, written 9 years before the Civil War, covered the story of a slave lovingly named Uncle Tom, and his journey from kind slave-owners in Kentucky to kind slave-owners in Louisiana to pay off his previous master's debts. When he ends up in the hands of a harsh and evil slave-master in Louisiana, however, the brutality of the system of slavery is really poignantly captured here as Tom struggles to maintain his faith in God against the circumstances of evil in his life. 

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: 125

Book Title: Girls on Games: A Look a the Fairer Side of the Tabletop Industry

Author: Elisa Teague

Summary: This compilation of true stories of women in the tabletop industry is a great resource for women looking to get into or move up in the world of gaming, from playing to landing a job to running a company. It details some of the struggles women go through in the community, and gives advice on how to navigate it and still succeed.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 512

Book Title: Fire (Graceling Realm #2)

Author: Kristin Cashore

Summary: In a world where there are both normal animals- ex. a cat with grey fur, brown eyes- there are also monster animals- ex a cat with lime green fur and fushia eyes- and there is also one human monster, a 17 year old girl named Fire. This story is how she saved a kingdom and didn't marry a king.

Rating: 5/5

Note: Reread

Edited by Kanaye

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 272

Book Title: In the Hand of the Goddess (Lioness Rampant #2)

Author: Tamora Pierce

Summary: Alanna, now a squire, continues to pretend to be a boy and, after 4 years of both hard work and lies, she earns her shield.

Rating: 4/5 (The Alanna series is too short, but I loved them anyways.)

Edited by Kanaye

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: 330

Book Title: Test of the Twins

Authors: Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman

Summary: The final book in the Dragonlance Legends trilogy shows what happens to Krynn should Raistlin succeed in his quest. Trying to avert this outcome, Caramon travels into the Abyss while Tanis and Tasslehoff fight against Kitiara and Lord Soth as they wage another war after a two-year hiatus from fighting.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, catstaff said:

Book Title: One Child

Author: Torey Hayden

Love her books! One Child came through my mail slot as a Book of the Month book when I was a teenager. I hadn't even taken off my coat when I opened the package, sat on the floor, and started reading. It was dark when I finished, literally in one sitting.

I am SO far behind with my updates. I'll split them into two or three posts.

Book Number: 63

Number Of Pages: 389

Book Title: The Chocolate Apothecary

Author: Josephine Moon

Summary: Christmas Livingstone has ten rules for happiness, the most important being rule #10: No romantic relationships!

Book Number: 64

Number Of Pages: 120

Book Title: About Average

Author: Andrew Clements

Summary: Jordan Johnston is average. Not short, not tall. Not plump, not slim. 

Book Number: 65

Number Of Pages: 426

Book Title: Me & You

Author: Claudia Carroll

Summary: Angie thinks she knows a lot about her best friend Kitty, so she's sure there is a good explanation when Kitty stands her up on her birthday. Isn't there?

Book Number: 66

Number Of Pages: 343

Book Title: The Couple Next Door

Author: Shari Lapena

Summary: The neighbour doesn't want a six-month-old at the dinner, but leaving her home with only the baby monitor and hourly checkins goes disasterously wrong.

Book Number: 67

Number Of Pages: 353

Book Title: The Accidental Tourist

Author: Anne Tyler

Summary: How does a man addicted to routine cope with the chaos and changes of everyday life?

Book Number: 68

Number Of Pages: 386

Book Title: Cottage by the Sea

Author: Debbie Macomber

Summary: Rocked by tragedy, Annie Marlow heads to a cherished place: Oceanside in the Pacific Northwest, where she begins to restore her broken spirit with the help of the eclectic folks she meets.

Book Number: 69

Number Of Pages: 210

Book Title: Awkward

Author: JSvetlana Chmakova

Summary: Cardinal Rule #1 for surviving school: don't get noticed by the mean kids. But on her first day of school Penelope does just that.

Book Number: 70

Number Of Pages: 345

Book Title: A Simple Change

Author: Judith Miller

Summary: When her parents decide to sell their home and move to the Amana Colonies, Jancey must decide whether to stay where she is or go with them.

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: 640

Book Title: Minerun - L'enquête

Author:David Bédard

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 270

Book Title: Which Witch

Author: Eva Ibbotson

Summary: When Arriman the Awful, the handsome wizard of the North, announces a contest to choose his bride, every witch in town is a flutter.

Rating: 5/5

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 608

Book Title: Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3)

Author: Kristin Cashore

Summary: When Queen Bitterblue took the throne of Monsea, she was a child. Now, Bitterblue needs to know Monsea’s past to lead it into the future, so she begins exploring the city streets at night, disguised and alone.

Rating: 3/5 (my least favorite in the series)

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 390

Book Title: Cinder (Lunar Chronicals #1)

Author: Marissa Meyer

Summary: Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction.

Book Number: 71

Number Of Pages: 358

Book Title: Wither

Author: Lauren DeStefano

Summary: In the not-too-distant future, genetic engineering has turned every human being into a ticking time bomb - Males die at age twenty-five and females at twenty.

Book Number: 72

Number Of Pages: 215

Book Title: The Scrooge of Loon Lake

Author: Carrie Nichols

Summary: It's the most wonderful time of the year, with the grumpiest guy in town. Yet when Natalie shows up on his doorstep, a bright light enters his gloomy existence.

Book Number: 73

Number Of Pages: 438

Book Title: Two's Company

Author: Jill Mansell

Summary: Celebrity couple Jack and Cass seem to have it all, until a gorgeous redhead shows up to interview Jack and Cass on the day Jack his the big Four-O.

Book Number: 74

Number Of Pages: 345

Book Title: Alice I Have Been

Author: Melanie Benjamin

Summary: A fictionalized account of the life of the real Alice in Wonderland, Alice Liddell Hargreaves.

Book Number: 75

Number Of Pages: 394

Book Title: The Endless Beach

Author: Jenny Colgan

Summary: Flora has reunited with her family on Mure and her boyfriend has followed her to the island, but do the whales foretell ominous changes to come?

Book Number: 76

Number Of Pages: 243

Book Title: Stepping Stone

Author: Karin Kallmaker

Summary: On the verge of producing her biggest picture yet, Selena Ryan just wants everyone to leave her alone, even if that means living without love. [This may be a re-read?]

Book Number: 77

Number Of Pages: 251

Book Title: Fever 1793

Author: Laurie Halse Anderson

Summary: In the summer of 1793, an outbreak of yellow fever turns Philadelphia into a city frantic with disease.

Book Number: 78

Number Of Pages: 246

Book Title: Doctor Who: Night of the Humans

Author: David Llewellyn

Summary: The Gyre is a hostile place to be, whether you're human or alien.

Book Number: 79

Number Of Pages: 267

Book Title: 11 Birthdays

Author: Wendy Mass

Summary: Leo and Amanda have celebrated every birthday together, until now, but somehow the day of their eleventh birthday doesn't seem to want to end.

Book Number: 80

Number Of Pages: 395

Book Title: The Café by the Sea

Author: Jenny Colgan

Summary: When fate brings Flora back to the island where she grew up, she discovers a passion for cooking and must decide where her future lies.

Comments: If you're going to read this series, I suggest you do so in order, not 3, 4, 2, 1 as I did! XD

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 647

Book Title: Collected Ghost Stories

Author: M. R. James

Summary: A collection of short ghost stories, including "The Diary of Mr. Poynter," about a man who finds a scrap of fabric in an old diary he has purchased. He uses the scrap as inspiration for his new curtains, which begin to act in unsettling ways.

Review: I struggled so much with this one that it took me 2 months to finally finish it. Several of the stories end very abruptly and I think something in the writing style just didn't click for me. There was definitely humor throughout but I'm so far removed from both the setting and the time period that I think I missed most of it. There were certainly several stories I enjoyed, though.

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 309

Book Title: Joyland

Author: Stephen King

Summary: A college student takes a summer job at a small amusement park, and finds himself fascinated with a murder that took place on one of the rides four years before.

Review: I couldn't put this down, finished it in 4 days. It was like a breath of fresh air, and not just because I was struggling with the book before this one. It's bitterly cold here right now so it's nice to picture summer days again.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 435

Book Title: Take a Thief (A Novel of Valdemar)

Author: Mercedes Lackey

Summary: Skif, an orphan turned thief, is chosen by the Campanion Cymry to become a hero of the realm. 

Rating: 5/5 (One of my favorite Valdemar books)

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 152

Book Title: Hope in the Dark

Author: Rebecca Solnit

Summary: This is a great guide for how to remember to have hope as an activist fighting for change. It's a reminder to not lose sight of small victories, not to let defeats weigh you down, and how to have hope for future victories while being constantly reminded of all the ills in the world. Stay hopeful, no matter how dark it may seem, with great examples of successful revolutions both large and small.

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 248

Book Title: Later

Summary: Jamie has a secret power, something his mother urges him to keep secret... until she needs his help. But using this power begins leading him into increasingly dangerous situations.

Review: I finished this in 2 days, it was excellent. It had some fun little Easter eggs for Constant Readers, including an M. R. James reference (so I guess my struggles were worth it).

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: Hex

Author: Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Summary: Over 300 years ago, Katherine van Wyler was executed for witchcraft. Today, she continues to roam the town of Black Spring, NY. Her eyes and mouth are stitched shut and her arms chained to her sides. Strict rules are enforced to keep the town safe; the Black Spring Witch must be kept secret, she is not to be disturbed or interacted with, and most importantly, her eyes must never be opened.

Review: This one was good but very bleak. It was translated, which made the dialogue a little stiff at points, and for some reason the setting and ending were changed for the translation, which I'm not sure was needed.

Edited by GhostMouse

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: 404

Book Title: Throne of Glass

Author: Sarah J Maas

Summary: Celeana is a world renowned assassin that was send to Endovier, the prison of their world. One day, the prince of Aderlan went to get her so she could compete to become the King's champion, and eventually earn her freedom. 

@GhostMouse I feel you about translations, some can be very cringy. That's why now that I have a good english level, I try to read books which were written in english in their original version (80% of my reading is still in french but a big chunk of that is book originally written in french)

Edited by Little-Star

On 3/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, Kanaye said:

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 435

Book Title: Take a Thief (A Novel of Valdemar)

Summary: Skif, an orphan turned thief, is chosen by the Campanion Cymry to become a hero of the realm. 

Rating: 5/5 (One of my favorite Valdemar books)

Just so you know, it's only a re-read if you're reading it twice during the challenge. Practically every book on my reading list would be a re-read otherwise! Also, I agree, Take a Thief is one of the best Valdemar books. 😊

Book Number: 102

Number Of Pages: 366

Book Title: What Does This Button Do?

Author: Bruce Dickinson

Summary:  Author. Brewer. World-class fencer. Lecturer. Entrepreneur. Commercial airline pilot. Survivor of throat cancer. Oh yeah, and he's also the singer for Iron Maiden. This is the autobiography of Bruce Dickinson.

Book Number: 103

Number Of Pages: 534

Book Title: Air Force Wives

Author: Ruth Walker

Summary:  Tai, the adventurous daughter of a disgraced Air Force noncom, pursues a secret dream in a world of crushing reality. Bobby Jo, the base chaplain's sheltered daughter, breaks loose with devastating results. Shelley, the pampered daughter of a powerful general, shocks her family and herself with her first big decision. And Crystal, frustrated by her father's low rank and lack of ambition, takes a ruthless route to the status she has always craved.

Book Number: 104

Number of Pages: 535

Book Title: Rings

Summary: The story of three generations of women in the circus: Romany Mara, star aerialist of the 1920s; her daughter Vicky, raised in privilege and returned to the circus through chance; and granddaughter Michelle, whose ambition to run the circus could cost everything she holds dear.

Book Number: 105

Number of Pages: 473

Book Title: The Club

Summary: Five very different women meet in a divorce attorney's waiting room, and decide to form a support group to see each other through the first year of renewed singleness.

Book Number: 106

Number of Pages: 189

Book Title: The Luckiest Girl in the World

Author: Steven Levenkron

Summary: Katie Roskova appears to have it all: she's pretty, gets high grades at her exclusive private school, and is a talented competitive figure skater. But she's also dealing with pressure from her overbearing stage mother, the absence of her father, and her own self-doubt, all of which find release in self-injury. An incident at school forces her into therapy, which starts teaching her healthier ways to cope than cutting herself.

Book Number: 107

Number Of Pages: 256

Book Title: The Best Little Girl in the World

Author: Steven Levenkron

Summary: Francesca is a bright student, an aspiring ballerina, what most people would consider a "good" girl. She is also slowly starving herself due to anorexia nervosa. Purely medical intervention might keep her alive, but it takes an unconventional psychologist to break through her shell and help her choose to live.

Book Number: 108

Number Of Pages: 495

Book Title: The Clan of the Cave Bear

Author: Jean M. Auel

Summary: Orphaned by an earthquake, Ayla was found and adopted by the Clan, despite being one of the Others. While she tried hard to fit in as she grew up, even learning to be a medicine woman, she never quite managed - and her differences caused trouble at times, especially with Broud, son of the leader, Brun. When Broud became leader, he used his new position to force Ayla out of the Clan to survive - or not - alone in the wilderness.

Book Number: 109

Number Of Pages: 544

Book Title: The Valley of Horses

Summary: Ayla spent three years living alone in a small valley, her only companions a horse and a cave lion cub. Jondalar and his brother chose to make a Journey, trying to reach the end of the Great Mother River or beyond. One day, while out hunting, Ayla heard a human scream and found two men being attacked by the cave lion she'd raised. Too late to save one, she got Jondalar away from the lion and healed his wounds. He taught her the ways of the Others, and they fell in love.

Book Number: 110

Number Of Pages: 723

Book Title: The Mammoth Hunters

Summary: Jondalar wanted to bring Ayla back to his people, but knew they couldn't leave until spring as the journey would take a year or more and winter was closing in. But he suggested to Ayla that they explore the territory near her valley, and they ran into a party of hunters from the tribe known as the Mamutoi. They were invited to spend the winter. Ayla attracted the attention of Ranec, a handsome carver. At the same time, Jondalar worried whether his people would accept her due to her Clan upbringing, causing her to think he no longer loved her.

Book Number: 111

Number Of Pages: 865

Book Title: The Plains of Passage

Summary: Ayla and Jondalar traveled from the Mamutoi territory where they had spent the winter, across half the continent to Jondalar's people, the Zelandonii. They met several tribes, some friendly and some hostile, and faced difficulties due to bad weather, but persevered to return to Jondalar's home.

Book Number: 112

Number Of Pages: 883

Book Title: The Shelters of Stone

Summary: Jondalar was happy to be home with the Zelandonii once more, but Ayla, raised by the Clan, had trouble fitting in. It didn't help that a particularly popular woman had wanted Jondalar for herself, and hated that he'd brought home a foreigner instead. But Ayla's skill at healing and her willingness to help out wherever she could eventually earned her acceptance.

Book Number: 113

Book Title: The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland

Author: Jim Defede

Summary: September 11, 2001. When the planes crashed into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and a Pennsylvania field, US airspace was shut down. No planes could enter. But what about the trans-Atlantic flights that were too far into their journeys to return to Europe? Thirty-eight jumbo jets were forced to land in the little town of Gander, Newfoundland. Once an important refueling stop for military planes crossing the ocean in WWII, the population of this small community and nearby villages all pulled together to respond to the challenge of finding food, accommodations, and reassurance for their unexpected guests.

Book Number: 114

Number Of Pages: 286

Book Title: Karen

Author: Marie Killilea

Summary: Born three months premature and weighing less than two pounds in 1940, Karen Killilea suffered from cerebral palsy. In an age where the accepted wisdom for dealing with such afflictions was that the afflicted had no mentality so the best option was to leave her in an institution and forget she’d been born, her parents refused to believe it. They found a doctor willing to work with them and learned to work as their daughter’s physical therapists in order to teach her to walk, feed herself, and write.

Book Number: 115

Number Of Pages: 302

Book Title: With Love From Karen

Author: Marie Killilea

Summary: Sequel to Karen, this picks up the story of the Killilea family when Karen is twelve, and continues on their journey through her high school years. Highlights include Karen’s correspondence with a group of soldiers in Korea, the marriages of sisters Gloria and Marie, and the family’s decision to raise show Newfoundlands to give Karen a chance to compete with the non-handicapped… while she couldn’t personally take the dogs into the show ring, she could and did assume the duties of care and feeding and grooming for the shows.

2 hours ago, catstaff said:

Book Title: What Does This Button Do?

Author: Bruce Dickinson

Summary:  Author. Brewer. World-class fencer. Lecturer. Entrepreneur. Commercial airline pilot. Survivor of throat cancer. Oh yeah, and he's also the singer for Iron Maiden. This is the autobiography of Bruce Dickinson.

Is it any good ? Been a Maiden fan for years and seen them twice in show 😮 Might buy it eventually, not usually a fan of non-fiction but I really enjoyed Corey Taylor's books and I'm curious to say what Dickinson has to say.

1 minute ago, Little-Star said:

Is it any good ? Been a Maiden fan for years and seen them twice in show 😮 Might buy it eventually, not usually a fan of non-fiction but I really enjoyed Corey Taylor's books and I'm curious to say what Dickinson has to say.

I enjoyed it, although he doesn't talk about anything really personal. No real mentions of relationships and such. This actually disappointed me because of the occasional rumor I'd heard, plus one thing he did mention with regards to the cancer seemed as though it might give some credence to the rumors... and I freely admit, I'm nosy when it comes to gossip! Definitely got some funny moments in it, though.

Lucky you to have seen them live! I wanted to from all the way back in the 80s, but as a younger teen, wasn't allowed to go (my parents had a thing about not letting me go to concerts on a school night) and then when I was older, they either didn't play anywhere close enough to where I was living, or I couldn't afford tickets.

You know Adrian Smith has a book out as well, right? I'm hoping to check his out soon, although I understand it's like 3/4 about fishing and only 1/4 about Maiden.

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 479

Book Title: The Fairy Godmother (A Tale of the Five Hundred Kingdoms)

Summary: Elena becomes apprenticed to a Fairy Godmother and learns to control The Tradition, a magical force that pushes and prods unsuspecting people into fairy tales, for good or for bad.

Rating: 5/5 (A great introduction to this world. I’ve read this series at least 4 times, but not in several years. It’s good to come back to it.)

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 329

Book Title: Beauty and the Werewolf (A Tale of the Five Hundred Kingdoms)

Summary: Bella is on her way home one moonlight night, when she is attacked and bitten by a werewolf. She is then sent to live with him, until it is determined whether or not she too will become a werewolf.

Rating: 4/5 (The love story seems a bit of an afterthought.)

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 432

Book Title: Foundation: (Collegium Chronicles #1: A Valdemar Novel )

Summary: Mags, an orphan growing up in a mine, having little to no education, food, or childhood, is chosen to be a Herald of Valdemar. 

Rating: 4/5 (Not my fav series by her... though I did just buy books 2 - 5...)

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 393

Book Title: One Good Knight (A Tale of the Five Hundred Kingdoms)

Summary: Princess Andromeda is unable to meet her mother’s expectations in anything. When she tries, a dragon starts terrorizing the land. Andromeda is sacrificed to him, along with a dozen other girls. But that’s just the beginning.

Rating: 5/5 (My favorite book in the Five Hundred Kingdoms series.)

Edited by Kanaye
Adding Book 9 & 10

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 427

Book Title: Boom Town

Author: Sam Anderson

Summary: This is a great work on the history of Oklahoma City, from its chaotic founding to the Oklahoma City bombing to the basketball team to its economic collapses. The writer's style is humorous when appropriate, and solemnity when necessary. A good nonfiction work on how the city has tried since its founding to be a well-known, world-famous city, and how it's never quite gotten there.

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 539

Book Title: Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth #6)

Author: Terry Goodkind

Summary: Richard is kidnapped by an evil sorceress who threatens to kill his wife if he does not come with her. Deep in the heart of the enemy terrority, he shows the people what its like to truly live.

Rating: 5/5 (My favorite book in the Sword of Truth series.)

Book Number:26

Number Of Pages: 315

Book Title: La malédiction des Dragensblöt : Clara et Lionel

Author: Anne Robillard

Summary: In this third book, Samuel continues his quest behind the doors but the witch is now aware of his presence and wants to kill him. 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: Someone is Watching

Author: Mark. A. Roeder

Summary: Ethan slowly realizes he’s gay, and is being blackmailed by some unknown person. 

Book Number: 61
Number Of Pages: 241
Book Title: Sverigevänner
Author: Arash Sanari
Summary: (optional)
Rating: (optional)
Review: (optional)

Book Number: 62
Number Of Pages: 368
Book Title: A Version of the Truth
Author: B.P. Walter

Book Number: 63
Number Of Pages: 336
Book Title: A Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love and Overcoming
Author: Kerri Rawson

Book Number: 64
Number Of Pages: 157
Book Title: Den svarta ängeln
Author: Margit Sandemo

Book Number: 65
Number Of Pages: 158
Book Title: Skogen har många ögon

Book Number: 66
Number Of Pages: 350
Book Title: Nidamörkur
Author: Peter Fröberg Idling

Book Number: 67
Number Of Pages: 152
Book Title: A Haunting on Bloodgood Row
Author: M.L. Bullock

Book Number: 68
Number Of Pages: 169
Book Title: The Ghosts of the Crescent Theater

Book Number: 69
Number Of Pages: 153
Book Title: The Legend of the Ghost Queen

Book Number: 70
Number Of Pages: 150
Book Title: A Haunting at Dixie House

Book Number: 71
Number Of Pages: 150
Book Title: The Ghost Lights of Forrest Field

Book Number: 72
Number Of Pages: 160
Book Title: The Ghost of Gabrielle Bonet

Book Number: 73
Number Of Pages: 144
Book Title: The Creature on Crenshaw Road

Book Number: 74
Number Of Pages: 138
Book Title: Guinevere Forever

Book Number: 75
Number Of Pages: 144
Book Title: Guinevere Unconquered

Book Number: 76
Number Of Pages: 125
Book Title: The Undead Queen of Camelot

Book Number: 77
Book Title: The Secret of Cold Hill
Author: Peter James

Book Number: 78
Number Of Pages: 146
Book Title: We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Author: Shirley Jackson

Book Number: 79
Number Of Pages: 327
Book Title: Disappearance at Devil's Rock
Author: Paul Tremblay

Book Number: 80
Book Title: Pumpkins in Paradise
Author: Kathi Daley

Book Number: 81
Number Of Pages: 400
Book Title: A Midwinter Promise
Author: Lulu Taylor

Book Number: 82
Number Of Pages: 304
Book Title: Untimely Death
Author: Elizabeth J. Duncan

Book Number: 83
Number Of Pages: 332
Book Title: Haunting Charlie
Author: Wendy Wang

Book Number: 84
Number Of Pages: 434
Book Title: Wayward Spirits

Book Number: 85
Number Of Pages: 290
Book Title: Devil's Snare

Book Number: 86
Number Of Pages: 195
Book Title: The Witches Ladder

Book Number: 87
Number Of Pages: 311
Book Title: Revor i väven
Author: Ann Gäre

Book Number: 88
Book Title: Off Kilter
Author: Hannah Reed

Book Number: 89
Book Title: Hooked on Ewe

Book Number: 90
Book Title: Dressed to Kilt

Book Number: 91
Book Title: Cappuccinos, Cupcakes and a Corpse
Author: Harper Lin

Book Number: 92
Number Of Pages: 313
Book Title: Tea, Tiramisu and Tough Guys

Book Number: 93
Number Of Pages: 289
Book Title: Margaritas, Marzipan and Murder

Book Number: 94
Number Of Pages: 296
Book Title: Lattes, Ladyfingers and Lies

Book Number: 95
Book Title: Americanos, Apple Pies and Art Thieves

Book Number: 96
Number Of Pages: 280
Book Title: Cremas, Christmas Cookies and Crooks

Book Number: 97
Number Of Pages: 246
Book Title: Espressos, Eggnogs and Evil Exes

Book Number: 98
Number Of Pages: 252
Book Title: Double Shots, Donuts and Dead Dudes

Book Number: 99
Number Of Pages: 246
Book Title: Macchiatos, Macarons and Malice

Book Number: 100
Number Of Pages: 229
Book Title: A Hiss-tory of Magic

Book Number: 101
Number Of Pages: 237
Book Title: Sweet Murder
Author: Tegan Maher

Number Of Pages: 389
Book Title: The Haunted
Author: Bentley Little

Book Number: 103
Book Title: Nightingale House
Author: Steve Frech

Book Number: 104
Number Of Pages: 418
Book Title: The Ritual
Author: Adam Nevill

Book Number: 105
Book Title: This House is Haunted
Author: John Boyne

Book Number: 106
Number Of Pages: 385
Book Title: The Exorcist
Author: William Peter Blatty

Book Number: 107
Number Of Pages: 223
Book Title: A Stir of Echoes
Author: Richard Matheson

Book Number: 108
Book Title: Nattens tårar

Book Number: 109
Book Title: Snäckan

Book Number: 110
Number Of Pages: 157
Book Title: Farlig flykt

Book Number: 111
Book Title: Flickan med silverhåret

Book Number: 112
Number Of Pages: 291
Book Title: The Vanishing
Author: Wendy Webb

Book Number: 113
Number Of Pages: 314
Book Title: To Best the Boys
Author: Mary Weber

Book Number: 114
Number Of Pages: 284
Book Title: The Near Witch
Author: Victoria Schwab

Book Number: 115
Number Of Pages: 337
Book Title: My Best Friend's Exorcism
Author: Grady Hendrix

Book Number: 116
Number Of Pages: 416
Book Title: A Skinful of Shadows
Author: Frances Hardinge

Book Number: 117
Number Of Pages: 432
Book Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas

Book Number: 118
Number Of Pages: 626
Book Title: A Court of Mist and Fury

Book Number: 119
Number Of Pages: 705
Book Title: A Court of Wings and Ruin

Book Number: 120
Number Of Pages: 272
Book Title: A Court of Frost and Starlight

Book Number: 121
Number Of Pages: 480
Book Title: The Christmas Party
Author: Karen Swan

Book Number: 122
Number Of Pages: 293
Book Title: Wicked Never Sleeps
Author: Gina LaManna

Book Number: 123
Book Title: Yesternight
Author: Cat Winters

Book Number: 124
Number Of Pages: 364
Book Title: The Witch of Willow Hall
Author: Hester Fox

Book Number: 125
Number Of Pages: 343
Book Title: The Uninvited

Book Number: 126
Number Of Pages: 368
Book Title: The Raven's Tale

Book Number: 127
Number Of Pages: 241
Book Title: För ung att dö: en mördare och hans bödel
Author: Christer Isaksson

Book Number: 128
Number Of Pages: 352
Book Title: The Cure for Dreaming

Book Number: 129
Number Of Pages: 258
Book Title: The Ghost of Marlow House
Author: Bobbi Holmes

Book Number: 130
Number Of Pages: 266
Book Title: The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds

Book Number: 131
Number Of Pages: 545
Book Title: The Ghost of Halloween Past

Book Number: 132
Number Of Pages: 533
Book Title: The Ghost Who Came for Christmas

Book Number: 133
Book Title: The Ghost Who Wanted Revenge

Book Number: 134
Number Of Pages: 519
Book Title: The Ghost Who Wasn't

Book Number: 135
Number Of Pages: 539
Book Title: The Ghost of Valentine Past

Book Number: 136
Number Of Pages: 509
Book Title: The Ghost and the Muse

Book Number: 137
Number Of Pages: 523
Book Title: The Ghost from the Sea

Book Number: 138
Number Of Pages: 520
Book Title: The Ghost and the Mystery Writer

Book Number: 139
Book Title: The Ghost Who Stayed Home

Book Number: 140
Book Title: The Ghost and the Leprechaun

Book Number: 141
Book Title: The Ghost Who Lied

Book Number: 142
Number Of Pages: 505
Book Title: The Ghost and the Bride

Book Number: 143
Number Of Pages: 533
Book Title: The Ghost and Little Marie

Book Number: 144
Number Of Pages: 499
Book Title: The Ghost and the Doppelganger

Book Number: 145
Book Title: The Ghost of Second Chances

Book Number: 146
Number Of Pages: 543
Book Title: The Ghost Who Dream Hopped

Book Number: 147
Number Of Pages: 268
Book Title: The Ghost of Christmas Secrets

Book Number: 148
Number Of Pages: 315
Book Title: The Ghost Who Says I Do

Book Number: 149
Number Of Pages: 264
Book Title: The Ghost and the Baby

Book Number: 150
Book Title: The Ghost and the Halloween Haunt

Book Number: 151
Number Of Pages: 245
Book Title: Coulson's Wife
Author: Anna J. McIntyre

Book Number: 152
Number Of Pages: 255
Book Title: Coulson's Crucible

Book Number: 153
Book Title: Coulson's Lessons

Book Number: 154
Book Title: Gunillas man försvann
Author: Gunilla Söderholm, Ulla-Lene Österholm

Book Number: 155
Book Title: Flickan i brevet
Author: Emily Gunnis

Book Number: 156
Book Title: The Duke and I
Author: Julia Quinn

Book Number: 157
Number Of Pages: 354
Book Title: The Viscount Who Loved Me

Book Number: 158
Number Of Pages: 390
Book Title: An Offer From a Gentleman

Book Number: 159
Number Of Pages: 550
Book Title: Gömstället
Author: Nora Roberts

Book Number: 160
Number Of Pages: 196
Book Title: Crossing Over Easy
Author: Nova Nelson

Book Number: 161
Number Of Pages: 182
Book Title: Death Metal

Book Number: 162
Number Of Pages: 210
Book Title: Third Knock the Charm

Book Number: 163
Number Of Pages: 175
Book Title: Queso de los Muertos

Book Number: 164
Number Of Pages: 171
Book Title: Psych Out

Book Number: 165
Number Of Pages: 220
Book Title: Gone Witch

Book Number: 166
Number Of Pages: 204
Book Title: Love Spells Trouble

Book Number: 167
Number Of Pages: 200
Book Title: Storm a-Brewin'

Book Number: 168
Number Of Pages: 207
Book Title: Hallow's Faire in Love and War

Book Number: 169
Number Of Pages: 177
Book Title: Dead Witch Walking

Book Number: 170
Number Of Pages: 163
Book Title: Old Haunts

Book Number: 171
Number Of Pages: 212
Book Title: First-Realm Problems

Book Number: 172
Number Of Pages: 189
Book Title: Happily Hereafter

Book Number: 173
Number Of Pages: Horribly Haunted in Hillbilly Hollow
Book Title: Blythe Baker
Author: 

Book Number: 174
Number Of Pages: 164
Book Title: The Ghastly Ghost of Hillbilly Hollow
Author: Blythe Baker

Book Number: 175
Book Title: A Dastardly Death in Hillbilly Hollow

Book Number: 176
Number Of Pages: 154
Book Title: A Dangerous Departure From Hillbilly Hollow

Book Number: 177
Number Of Pages: 310
Book Title: Mountains and Magic
Author: Natalie Summers

Book Number: 178
Number Of Pages: 325
Book Title: Summits and Spells

Book Number: 179
Number Of Pages: 447
Book Title: Chasms and Charms

Book Number: 180
Number Of Pages: 357
Book Title: Highlands and Hexes

Book Number: 181
Book Title: Witch Way to Spellbinder Bay
Author: Sam Short

Book Number: 182
Book Title: Broomsticks and Bones

Book Number: 183
Number Of Pages: 413
Book Title: Spells and Cells

Book Number: 184
Number Of Pages: 192
Book Title: Witch You Wouln'd Believe
Author: Lucy May

Book Number: 185
Number Of Pages: 169
Book Title: A Spell to Tell

Book Number: 186
Number Of Pages: 188
Book Title: Witch is When it Gets Crazy

Book Number: 187
Book Title: Flea Market Magic
Author: Bella Falls

Book Number: 188
Number Of Pages: 324
Book Title: Rags to Witches

Book Number: 189
Number Of Pages: 352
Book Title: Pickups and Pirates

Book Number: 190
Number Of Pages: 200
Book Title: If the Broom Fits
Author: Sara Bourgeois

Book Number: 191
Number Of Pages: 247
Book Title: Doom and Broom

Book Number: 192
Number Of Pages: 234
Book Title: Broom with a View

Book Number: 193
Number Of Pages: 224
Book Title: A Clean Sweep

Book Number: 194
Number Of Pages: 172
Book Title: Panic Broom

Book Number: 195
Number Of Pages: 288
Book Title: A View to a Kilt
Author: Wendy Holden

Book Number: 196
Book Title: Scared Witchless
Author: Amy Boyles

Book Number: 197
Number Of Pages: 236
Book Title: Kiss my Witch
Author: Amy Boyles

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 405

Book Title: Revival

Summary: Jamie Morton was only 6 years old the first time he met Charles Jacobs, the new minister of the local Methodist church. A few short years later, following a terrible accident, Jacobs leaves the town and his religion, but his future and Jamie's are intertwined in a way neither yet knows. (This one is really hard to summarize, especially without spoiling anything, so that will have to do.)

Review: I was pretty sure I knew where this was going from about the second chapter. It took its time getting there but it never felt too slow or boring.