Fuzzbucket

Market purchases on action log

We have at present no way to check our market history.... Can the log please show "bought x from market" - or can we have a link like our trading history to cover market history, pretty please ? (It wasn't something I ever expected to want to know, but I suddenly had a need to check which of a large number of one breed was the market-bought one...)

Market purchases should indeed be part of the log.

Yes yes and yes!! I remember mentioning this very thing when the Market first appeared, feeling a potential for confusion (or even misuse by a sibling or whatever) because there is no record whatsoever of the purchase. Given that you are actually spending shards on them instead of just grabbing them somewhere, it really seems like it should actually be noted somewhere. 

Thinking this over, it would be best placed as "market history," like trading history, with the dergs staying listed permanently, as the one I needed to find could have been too old for the log... No-one is likely to buy so many that this would create a big issue, I think ?

IF it creates an issue, for older Market babies, you can make a group, and add all dragons with Location: Market into it, using #market in the "add dragons" dialog to find them. Their stolen date tells you when you bought them.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thinking this over, it would be best placed as "market history," like trading history, with the dergs staying listed permanently, as the one I needed to find could have been too old for the log... No-one is likely to buy so many that this would create a big issue, I think ?

This is exactly what I have in mind. Potentially also listing shard-gaining actions but I think there's so many that each individual one is a bit trivial; the purchases are certainly the important thing.

Oh, goodness, no. Not counting shards. If at all, make it like this: Gained x shards by hatching dragons (during that one week), x shards by raising, x shards by breeding... 

If you list every single action, you'll bury the important part, which - as you already said - is the purchases.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

This is exactly what I have in mind. Potentially also listing shard-gaining actions but I think there's so many that each individual one is a bit trivial; the purchases are certainly the important thing.

THANK YOU ! (and we do need them to stay permanently)  SO:

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Oh, goodness, no. Not counting shards. If at all, make it like this: Gained x shards by hatching dragons (during that one week), x shards by raising, x shards by breeding... 

If you list every single action, you'll bury the important part, which - as you already said - is the purchases.

I agree with this.

WAIT WOW - I just created a group, as Ruby suggested - and indeed I can filter by #market ! WOW !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

WAIT WOW - I just created a group, as Ruby suggested - and indeed I can filter by #market ! WOW !

I always forget we can use '#' filters, I really *really* wish it was stated somewhere on-site because I've forgotten and re-remembered probably a dozen times by now.

So happy for TJ's response!

I would love to see this implemented. Ideally, I would like to see how much I paid for each item as well. So something like bought X at market for X number of shards.

Example:

1. What I bought and the date I bought it

2. Price paid (in shards)

Example: April 1, 2020: Mint dragon, 100 shards

I don't need to view details of shards earned. (No counting shards, please)

Edited by missy_

Yes! It is only logic to have a history for what we bought.

I want to see the fprice as missy_ said.

And please no counting shards. It is kind of pointless since it is trivial and you have the metter for present week. What point to see last week you didn't hit the limit if you can't compensate anyway? No counting

Why the price ? Just curious; I wouldn't be checking that...

To see where exactly you spent your shards. Bookkeeping.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

But you know what you spent them on, and as the prices change constantly.... Fair enough.