ValidEmotions

The Final Outpost

duRIadC.png

"300 years after the Great War, a small group of scientists are awakened from a deep cryosleep within the heart of a laboratory multiplex. Many such outposts were originally built for the survival and future of the planet, but during the conflict, most were destroyed. This is the final outpost.

Data collected by the multiplex’s fleet of automated caretakers over the last few centuries reveals a stark truth. Following the destruction caused by the Great War, 90% of biodiversity was lost on the planet. All that remain are a few species that were strong enough to survive in the desolate wastelands.

Your task is to work alongside your fellow scientists to repopulate the planet and bring it back to its former diversity. Capture species, breed them to be the first to discover new variations, and ensure the survival of future generations."

I6SEGAn.png0ARRRPV.pngAG9Lp8o.png

The Final Outpost is a brand new adoptables site that recently entered public Beta (April 17th, 2020). Here, you can collect small capsules that contain viable genomes and have the potential to grow into unique, fascinating creatures. The creatures you collect will grow on their own over a few days, with no risk of dying. However, they can collect views that boost their stats and have an affect on their growth and breeding: Happiness and Hardiness. Their Appearance stat can be affected by other means.

There are Forums for the Final Outpost, where you can enjoy and participate in the growing community. Though, be advised, the forums are not connected to your account on the main site--so, you'll have to make a separate account here.

We also have a Discord Server, so feel welcome to join in!

TehFishy has designed a click site for us to use! Feel free to add your growing creatures to the TFO Peer Review board.

Edited by ValidEmotions

hi yes final outpost is good and cortie is blessed, 11/10 recommend

these beans are probably my favorite outcomes that i've got so far, shoutouts to doha for making em:

qVazE.png JNBWR.pngofylA.png

im of course Malcorium on there as usual :3c

and cuz im in a convenient first post, im going to show off my sun dog children and some capsules:

pPL77.pngg1lcy.png5jlUc.pngU3BXM.png1weYX.png

iBNz3.pngui512.pngaefrh.pngI38v5.pngX6bKQ.png

Edited by Malcorium

Wow really had to join, and I really like it already you guys did an amazing job and I love the creatures! I am Shajana there, as always.

My first babys:

J1uOq.png4CQ8W.pnglxqd8.pngNIzcm.pngIifyf.png

Edited by Shajana

I encourage thee :D It's such a fascinating concept and, because it's still in such an early stage, a lot of neat ideas can be presented from more individuals ^^

I've also added a link to the Discord Server to the main post :)

Edited by ValidEmotions

Well, this looks intriguing and not too demanding. I'll give it a try. Might even try my hand at a story or two.

YyOpN.pngrFrjc.pngJdsdk.pngmAtdW.png8XAsU.pngpXmeG.pngI5RMT.pngOom4D.pngedI4r.png9dFEO.png

Edited by Mathcat

This looked interesting, so I decided to join.

fzUi8.pngWEqbS.pngQv73f.pngVHkci.pngn3Gyn.pngIXygZ.pngBlSLc.png2bl4Z.pngIg6pB.pngMTAjY.png

Edited by Peachycupcake525

Update

As of yesterday, Cort released a new feature. These lab notes allow us to track data about genomes of discovered species at the Final Outpost. Of course, nothing is free or cheap and will require the collective efforts of all scientists donating gold to perform our research. (Don't worry, real life money is not required nor utilized in the pursuit of this research.)

Oh my goodness, I just found this in someone's signature and assumed that this had been an adoptables site for years (like many others.) So I didn't think it could be so completely new! 

The concept sounds really cool and I like the ecological, post-apocalyptic themes! The sprites look very well made, also. Reminds me of a kind of fallout-themed Magistream or dragcave or something except with less magic and dragons and more science.

Are there plant adoptable in the games? I'd argue maintaining plant diversity is additionally as important as breeding animals in this virtual world!

There aren't any plant-themed adoptables on the site but there is a creature suggestion thread on TFO's forums if you ever wish to add your ideas to the pool of possibilities. :)

26 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

@Nascentlicious :'D You forgot to add the URLs to make your creatures clickable. Right now, they're just images.

Oops, thanks a lot!! They should be fixed now :)

Here are my first little beepers specimens. 

otCta.pngyFBHj.pngVf6Jx.pngIkUFV.pngd5VPG.png UTwPN.pngDOTJg.png42FMO.png

Edited by lovecats99

50 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

Update

We have a New Release. Four creatures have been discovered and studied.

Oh, yay! I had a feeling plants would arrive. This caught me off guard, because i'm conditioned by dragcave to expect releases to occur in the mornings.

Can't wait to see what the adults are like!

Oh wow, congratulations Corteo! I might have a look at this later, The premise sounds interesting, and the art is very impressive!