FennecFyre

ANSWERED:Two questions, eggs in signature and old accounts...

Hi there, my first question is related to the rule against linking eggs/hatchlings/dragons in our forum signatures. For the record, this is not me trying to argue against the rule, I'm just curious about the reasoning behind it, since on most pet sites with forums, it's common practice to get clicks/views/whatever sort of interaction that way.

My second question is more of a request, and while I'm not entirely sure it's actually possible I figured I might as well ask. Waaaaay back in the day I had another DC account, but I can't remember the username/password of it and the email it was registered with is deactivated now. I'm wondering if it's possible that, if I provided the email address to a staff member, it could be used to look up my old account in the member database somewhere and possibly reset the password manually. I know that multiple accounts aren't allowed, but if it's possible to get into my old account I'd love to be able to move my old dragons to my new account. If it can't be done, though, or if that's against the rules, no biggie.

Edited by FennecFyre

I can't help with your second question, but for the first, you are actually allowed to share your own dragons in your signature since the guidelines update in September

The forum rules have been updated. Everyone should take a moment to familiarize themselves with the following changes:

• Posting your eggs/hatchlings in your signature and in specific Forum Games threads is now allowed. Posting others' dragons is not allowed.

Well, you will definitely not be able to move old dragons to your new account since adult dragons are non-transferrable. Assuming you do get access to your old one, you could maybe put your new growing things on your old account, though I don't believe the staff can do anything if you don't have access to your email account either.

And what Stromboli said about sig dragons recently being allowed is true. Can you say where you read it's forbidden so mods will know where info needs updating?

I have to say that I've seen a sig in the last 24 hours with that old message: "please read the rules" etc... I was startled....

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have to say that I've seen a sig in the last 24 hours with that old message: "please read the rules" etc... I was startled....

That was put there by the forum's automatic censoring that was in place back then, right the moment when that player saved their sig (and apparently they never bothered to look at it again afterwards).

But shouldn't the censor sort of uncensor, if it's automatic ?

If it's triggered only at the moment of saving the sig, then no. The censor actually changed the sig before storing it in the database (it also used to add "preview." to any tinyurl links in the sig). You see the effect when you afterwards go to edit your sig: you'll only have the changed version  to edit (in case of the tinyurl links, the "preview." prefix was still there.)

(Most automatic things do exactly ONE thing automatically. In case of this forum, the censor does only that: censoring.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Ahhh, I didn't realize adults were non-transferable, my bad. 

The rule I interpreted as banning eggs in signature was in the Introduction Guidelines thread:

3.    Eggspam and Scrollspam

• Do not post direct egg/hatchling or dragon links using HTML/BBCodes. This is considered eggspam, and may receive a warn. The same is true of including a link to your scroll in your posts, it is considered scrollspam. You may post your scroll link in your signature, but you may not post your eggs using HTML/BBCode there, either. Please do not post your scroll in your intro post either.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Please let me know where you see that, because that should be disabled now. And I'll update the Intro Guidelines so it's accurate, thank you!

ETA: Intro Guidelines updated!

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Intro Guidelines updated

I went back and its owner has edited it - maybe they've been following here. But it was an old-time player who had hardly ever posted on forum, so what Ruby said makes sense.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, FennecFyre said:

My second question is more of a request, and while I'm not entirely sure it's actually possible I figured I might as well ask. Waaaaay back in the day I had another DC account, but I can't remember the username/password of it and the email it was registered with is deactivated now. I'm wondering if it's possible that, if I provided the email address to a staff member, it could be used to look up my old account in the member database somewhere and possibly reset the password manually. I know that multiple accounts aren't allowed, but if it's possible to get into my old account I'd love to be able to move my old dragons to my new account. If it can't be done, though, or if that's against the rules, no biggie.

I don't believe that TJ could/would do that. You would have to remember the username and password to be able to get into the old account, and then update your email after that. 

I would think that your best bet would be to just forget about the old account. Even if you could get into the old one, moving growing things from your new account to the old one would constitute multi-scrolling.

Not sure how long since you have been here, but I will say, "Welcome back!" FYI, when holiday breeding comes around, you will be able to get cave born versions of the holiday dragons from previous years, and there is a chance to get cave born prizes in the monthly raffle. https://dragcave.net/raffle 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:24 AM, PrincessLucy said:

I don't believe that TJ could/would do that. You would have to remember the username and password to be able to get into the old account, and then update your email after that. 

I would think that your best bet would be to just forget about the old account. Even if you could get into the old one, moving growing things from your new account to the old one would constitute multi-scrolling.

Not sure how long since you have been here, but I will say, "Welcome back!" FYI, when holiday breeding comes around, you will be able to get cave born versions of the holiday dragons from previous years, and there is a chance to get cave born prizes in the monthly raffle. https://dragcave.net/raffle 

I didn't have any particular rare or valuable dragons, so I'm not worried about that, I was just curious if they could be retrieved. I didn't know adults couldn't be transferred though, so it's no biggie. Thank you for the welcome!