Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

One hundred years in the future in a thousand storey tower in NYC. Teens and their troubles. The first book came into my shop; I bought the next two today at our local bookshop.

interesting.  maybe i'll take a look into it.

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

interesting.  maybe i'll take a look into it.

No worries if you don't. If you're like me, you have many books already waiting to be read! XD

oh yes.

all three books are in my library system, so i've put them on my list.... along with all the Poldark books.... that i'll get around to reading....

eventually.

as it is, i have the book i'm reading, and another book out.... and another book came in that i have until monday to pick it up.  i'm going to return the book i have out but haven't started yet on thursday and pick up the book waiting for me.  the other one can wait a bit longer, it's fine. XD 

Well, hello all.  I haven't completely fallen off the world.  😁

20 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Good to know! Glad to see you back. :)

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

One hundred years in the future in a thousand storey tower in NYC. Teens and their troubles. The first book came into my shop; I bought the next two today at our local bookshop.

Toppage, page 479! 

P.S. @Kestra15, I found a substitute one from an incomplete set. It's dark purple instead of fuschia, but it's a slide!

Excellent, well done! And I always like mystery/sudden book finds. I get a couple of the hyper-cheap ones for my Kindle to read at work (I don't feel up for proper reads on break so I like my 'disposable' literature), but once in a blue moon something comes up that I like enough to buy the whole series. Currently rereading one of those series now!

9 hours ago, Classycal said:

Hello! Welcome back! :D

2 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Currently rereading one of those series now!

:D Yay! I'm on my first reading of book two.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Hot and sunny. I have to keep reminding myself today is Wednesday not Tuesday, and it's a shop day not an office day.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

that i'll get around to reading....

eventually.

This sounds familiar. 🤔

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This sounds familiar. 🤔

it's my motto!

morning all.... in a few hours, i'll be breeding my sapphires to drop to the AP for people who want Pinks.... and then breeding my Florets to see if i can't get another Wine/Peach - Liliibet grew up! :D  (my floret breeding is today and tomorrow, with the way the timing, cool-downs, (and probably the growing up) worked out.

Thanks for the reminder to breed my Sapphires. I need to do that before I breed anything I might want to keep, because I only have one egg space left!

Had a nice walk this morning with one of my friends. It was cool and cloudy, which made for very pleasant walking.

you're welcome! i have 6 egg slots, so my sapphire and floret breedings will be comfortable

it's supposed to be nice here until like friday, then the humidity comes back. ick.

I've just learnt that you can merge files using the command prompt. 😏

Sure there is a little/considerable/large amount of data loss and that some of my songs don't sound like they should, but at least I can make my own mixes now.

Learning things is fun. I hope all of you had a great day.

i have enough shards for a Dino!!!

now which one - red (Stegosaurus stenops) or blue (Triceratops horridus)?

48 minutes ago, trystan said:

now which one - red (Stegosaurus stenops) or blue (Triceratops horridus)?

I like the blue one better. But that doesn't mean that's the one you should get. ;)

Just now, purplehaze said:

I like the blue one better. But that doesn't mean that's the one you should get. ;)

i will be getting the other one..... when i'm back up to 2200 shards, and that will take, erm.... a while.  so i guess it's which one should i get now?

hm.... *flips coin*

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

*flips coin*

Good solution!  XD

The price of the Stat did not go up this week. I had just about decided to forget about it and just buy me some Gemshards, Xenos, and Cantors. But if the price stays the same for the next 3 weeks...

Now I am conflicted. If I get one it would give me a breeding pair and I would be happy with that for a long time while I slowly buy some of the other things. But if I spend all my shards on a Stat then it is going to take me a long time to get the breeds that I have trouble getting in the cave. Some of them I have managed to trade for, but I still need a lot. So, should I get one dragon, which is one I know I will never get any other way? Or a bunch of other dragons that I may slowly gather from other sources?

And speaking of Cantors, I am really mad at myself right now. I was able to trade for a CB Cantor last week and wanted a Mundus. I could have sworn that I precogged it and then influenced it. So today it grew up and I realize I have an Itus instead. I already had my quota of those! :( A check of my action log shows that I apparently forgot to precog, so it kept the transfer color.

didn't have a coin handy, but i did have a plush d20.  so, if it landed on an even number, i'd get blue; an odd number, red.  hubby had already picked "red" when i asked him... and then i rolled a 3 and a 19... so red it is!

booo, sorry about the whole Stats thing. and your Cantor thing. if you liked 2Gs, i could breed you a Cantor with the parents of your choice :) 

Good morning everyone!

Man I could have an extra 5 hours nap now

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

check of my action log shows that I apparently forgot to precog, so it kept the transfer color.

Glad I'm not the only one who forgets to do actions on their cantors! XD

4 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Good morning everyone!

Puppy antics in the night? Or have you and @Fortune86 been partying hard?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Sunny and breezy. I hope the breeze helps keep the temperature down a bit.

I started another 1,000 piece puzzle yesterday.

5 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Good morning everyone!

*Parks up TARDIS*

Gave blood yesterday. Not feeling so bad today.

IMG_20210804_162534999.jpg

today is another nice, not-too-hot day, and then summer comes back.  warmer over the weekend, and then early next week is in the 90sF and icky and humid, cause the lows are only in the lower 70sF. ewwww.....

my Floret breeding Part 2 is later this evening, maybe i'll get another Wine/Peach floret! :D

edit: in today's headscratcher bit, hubby has been off this week, and has found a new go-karting place, where he'll be going this afternoon.  i was able to get out of him an ETA back home tonight, but when i asked him how long it'll take him to get there, he just says "quite a while." (he has gone karting at places 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours away, so this isn't new)..... so we've been married for almost 27 years, and he STILL thinks this is me being nosy and not curious. i mean, if he thinks i'm being nosy, i can do that too.... XD

Edited by trystan

2 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

@purplehaze
Mundus are pink, Sophos are blue.
A colour mistake, was made by you.

Yep! Sadly I can't distinguish the difference between most of the variants from the hatchies. If I had realized my mistake while it was a hatchie I would have attempted to trade it.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

today is another nice, not-too-hot day, and then summer comes back.  warmer over the weekend, and then early next week is in the 90sF and icky and humid, cause the lows are only in the lower 70sF. ewwww.....

Sounds exactly like what is in the forecast for us, too, except for us the 90s start over the weekend.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds exactly like what is in the forecast for us, too, except for us the 90s start over the weekend.

icky icky.  can the humidity just stay in, like, Florida? XD