Gealach

ANSWERED:When do red star recipes start to drop?

What should I do to get a red star recipe? I already have all possible ingredients and have cooked all basic recipes (at least according to wiki), but still haven't seen a single red star recipe yet. Are there any specific requirements?

I'm having the same problem. Not sure what I'm missing. Made all the basic recipes on the wiki. No more basic recipe cards are dropping. I have every ingredient. 🤔

Red star recipes don't drop, you have to cook them from blank recipe cards. Just follow the recipes on the wiki and make them! I had this same problem and I was afraid making them with a blank card wouldn't work- it does!

Make sure and open the list of red star ones when you get to the wiki.

image.png.bf449388b7e0e156f53862ca273e7df7.png

image.png.3f0ae29493de0cf00b2c5b72579b1d75.png

Click the link and you'll see them all.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

So... that whole section with "need to find the red star recipe card or you cannot make it" on the wiki needs to be edited out. 😝

Gotcha, thanks. Yes it works fine now.

That article's from the event as it was seven years ago. at this point, i couldn't tell you if that was accurate to the game mechanics at the time, but several people in the event thread claimed they weren't able to create the red star recipes until they had the card in the original run of the event. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah - the article. is about the original event. I didn't edit that as it's sort of history. And yes, it was like that. I'm sure I still remember waiting desperately for the last red star one to drop - and they also only dropped when you had everything you needed..

I did edit the recipe that was wrong - and still is on the google doc that is circulating, if anyone knows the creator...

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

That article's from the event as it was seven years ago. at this point, i couldn't tell you if that was accurate to the game mechanics at the time, but several people in the event thread claimed they weren't able to create the red star recipes until they had the card in the original run of the event. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where exactly are we supposed to update new information about the re-released event if we're not allowed to update the old event page with all the info?? The un-updated article has misinformation regarding the updated event even though it's clearly linked in the Currently Being Released page and there's no where else to get accurate info.

I have had literally zero red star cards drop and TJ has said in the official discord chat that you're supposed to be able to discover recipes by making them. At the moment, what the wiki says is the exact opposite of what is actually happening in this year's event.

Edited by Shadowdrake

24 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Where exactly are we supposed to update new information about the re-released event if we're not allowed to update the old event page with all the info?? The un-updated article has misinformation regarding the updated event even though it's clearly linked in the Currently Being Released page and there's no where else to get accurate info.

I have had literally zero red star cards drop and TJ has said in the official discord chat that you're supposed to be able to discover recipes by making them. At the moment, what the wiki says is the exact opposite of what is actually happening in this year's event.

I would just create a separate section for the 2019 version? So info on the original isn't erased, maybe?

29 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Any new information should be added to the Currently Being Released article. To quote the wiki:

This page is used to store information on newly-released dragons and on-going events that have incomplete data, to be used for article creation once the release or event is complete.

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Any new information should be added to the Currently Being Released article. To quote the wiki:

This page is used to store information on newly-released dragons and on-going events that have incomplete data, to be used for article creation once the release or event is complete.

That seems like a pointless policy when the old article is the one being used as reference and what'll come up in Google search etc, but alright.

Seems to me that forum members get a real boost over non forum game players, if you have to "guess" for Red Star recipes. Seems a bit unfair to the non-forum players. I too was making all no star recipes hoping the cards would drop.