RealWilliamShakespeare

Skip to most recent message in PMs

I feel like this was suggested somewhere before, but I made a good few searches and couldn't find anything.

When using the forum PM system, when you click on a conversation from the little message inbox in the top right of your screen, it takes you to the beginning of the conversation. It can be incredibly annoying if you have multiple pages of messages, to have to click more times, and then scroll to reach the most recent message of the conversation. I suggest that if you are clicking on a conversation after receiving a new message, it should take you straight to the most recent/unread message. Please? (Or if there is a way of doing this that I have not been made aware of, I apologise, and please let me know!)

So, so much. Especially when conversations span not only months, but also pages. I'd love to be sent directly to the newest message.

Yes please! Some of my convos go for 3+ pages, I would like to see the newest message first.

I would love this. I have several ongoing ones that have five or more pages. But even if it is only one page it would still save scrolling down to find the new message.

OOOH. JUST by accident I discovered on my other invision forum that YES there is a way to go to a NEW message in the "thread". Look at the message list. Any that have a new message have a dot by the title. Click the dot and bingo.

I shall now try and work out if there is a similar thing for going to the last post when there are no new ones !

On 11/22/2019 at 10:38 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

OOOH. JUST by accident I discovered on my other invision forum that YES there is a way to go to a NEW message in the "thread". Look at the message list. Any that have a new message have a dot by the title. Click the dot and bingo.

I shall now try and work out if there is a similar thing for going to the last post when there are no new ones !

:0 Fuzz you life-saver. Does this work in the little notification centre in the top right, do you know?

Edit: Just tried it and it didn't work :(

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

You mean notifications ? Can't find anything to do with those (most forums I'm on there's an option to delete.) I never ever look at mine; any that I want to get are linked to email. So I can't even tell if the SINGLE ONE !!!! I have up there is new anyway !

Well I just clicked on the little circle that appears in the notification centre, and it does not zip you straight to the newest message. I would love if it did, as I almost solely access PMs through it. Thank you Fuzz, for letting us know about your solution in the inbox.

I didn't even know messages showed up in there - as I say, I have it virtually disabled.

This would be great, would be a very welcomed addition to the pm section if you didn’t have to scroll through all the previous messages, would really like to see Some kind of function added