Duwahkeen

Get notified if a desc gets approved/rejected

Just a little thing I thought of, I think it would be nice to know if your descriptions got accepted or rejected. Sometimes you may have this creative surge and you describe a lot of dragons, and eventually you won't remember which ones you did describe and it's a pain to go looking for them. I just thought that giving players a heads up would be helpful in that way.

If you turn on "show pending descriptions," you can see which dragons you've described--even before they're approved by a mod. A notification wouldn't really help you remember which dragons you described as it can take weeks for a mod to get to one of your descriptions. But I do see where you're coming from with this suggestion. Personally, I would only find a rejection notification helpful.

I have a group for "pending descriptions. I put any that I describe in there, and shift them to "described" when they get approved.

Considering that before I did that, a mod told me they have approved one and I couldn't find it, I'm not sure if notifications would help....

Isn't it a thing already? :o

Well then I think it would be quite useful, I mean, how would we know if we have to rewrite a description? Just keep looking at every dragon until we are 99% sure they were rejected and then try again?

The notification should link the dragon that was described, and maybe allow the admins to leave feedback on what should we fix (optionally, tho).

From mobile I find it really slow to create a group and add dragons, so it wouldn't be a suitable solution for me. However, that might just be me.

Once you have the group, you can add the derg from its own page, right after you write the description.

I temporarily bookmark my dragons that have pending descriptions waiting for approval, and check on them regularly. I'd definitely love a notification alarm to replace that, though.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:33 AM, The Dragoness said:

If you turn on "show pending descriptions," you can see which dragons you've described--even before they're approved by a mod. A notification wouldn't really help you remember which dragons you described as it can take weeks for a mod to get to one of your descriptions. But I do see where you're coming from with this suggestion. Personally, I would only find a rejection notification helpful.

Well, this notification could come with an automated view link for the dragon in question, and everything is fine.